37 coaches online • Server time: 11:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
altair

Post 22 Posted: Mar 23, 2022 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I am not sure if this is a bug so I prefer to ask here maybe I missed something.

I refer to this match I was watching

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=4372880

Go to Turn 4 of the Black Orc, 1st Half.

The Troll tries to launch a goblin over the catcher.

Bugak Ratbasher trhows Khargol Zombieseer succesfully [4]
(succeded on roll 3+ to avoid fumble or terrible throw but there is -1 for short pass so to be perfect the launch should be 6. It is 4 so it is still a success but the agility test did not pass: the pass is "succesfull" (as defined at page 53 of the rulebook).

Always in the rulebook page 53 is written:

SUCCESSFULL THROWS
"If the Passing Ability Test is failed the Throw is still succesfull. AFTER SCATTERING the thrown player will find it harder to land"

At page 54 of the rulebook is written

LANDING IN AN OCCUPIED SQUARE
if after scatter has been resolved, the thrown player lands in an occupied square...
So this again seems to state that the thrown player must scatter and not only bounce before landing (only one bounce maybe is performed if launch is a fumble but this is not the case).

Now if we read the client Log immediatly after the Throw Team-Mate Roll action we find this report:

Bounce Roll[6] Southwest
Player bounce from square (12,14) to square (11,15). Khargol Zombieseer is pushed into the crowd

This is what I think is the bug. If I understand correctly the rulebook the goblin should "SCATTER" (3 times 1D8) to define the landing square and not only 1D8 bounce roll.

I created a Test Match with a Team of Black Orc and I used the Troll to launch several goblins with different results (superb, successfull, terrible) but every time at the end of the Throw-Team-Mate Action before landing the goblin scattered (so 3 times 1D8). Only on fumble the goblin bounce.

So the question is why in this action the goblin only bounced and not scattered ?

Thanks for clarification and your patience
tussock

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2022 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like it rolled the first part of the scatter, and that went into the crowd, by the rules that ends the scatter and you don't roll any more, but because there was just one direction roll it's logged it as a bounce.