45 coaches online • Server time: 12:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
uzkulak

Post   Posted: May 06, 2022 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Semitence wrote:
Khorne Marauders are worse than Imperial Linemen. The Imperial Linemen seem worse because of the rest of the team that sits around them.

Elven Union get ag4 for 60k, it's fine.
Norse av7 is ok with thick skull.

You cant really divorce these two things though, linemen skills and costs are partly predicated on the skills/costs of the rest of the team. IMO you have to also judge that synergy when ranking the usefulness of the lino.

eg: a team full of skinks wouldn't be great, but having Sauruses around makes them good. Or undead/necro/khemri have cheap slow useless linemen with expensive/capable positionals to make it work.
Semitence

Post   Posted: May 06, 2022 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

They both fulfill the same role in their respective teams. Fend is a better tool to do that role, and it is cheaper.
Medon

Post   Posted: May 06, 2022 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

why is pro elf linemen considered so bad? i like them a lot, the 60k cost with 2+ dodging makes them more effective at their job than most other linemen. And once they have sneaky git dirty player they turn into monsters of mayhem and destruction
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 06, 2022 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see all these EU teams in Competitive, despite the scary Sneaky Git, Dirty Player Lineman combo.
I see lots of bash and hybrid teams, instead.
Garion26

Post   Posted: May 06, 2022 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I actually quite like EU linemen more so then I would the more expensive wood elf linemen. They have the advantage of being cheaper and same AV.

It's hard for me to separate the cost to quality ratio on these teams and how well they fill their role. Lots of cheap linemen do their job by eating LoS blocks and being cheap enough to allow a team to afford the positionals you want to start.

For Khorne and EU I've actually found both tend to be pretty useful to me after 1-2 random general skills.
 Jump to: