34 coaches online • Server time: 12:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BigChiefSittingDuck

Post   Posted: May 12, 2022 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi All, I was wondering if there is a bug with Really Stupid and Pro interacting? Usually when one of my trolls goes stupid, it allows a Pro reroll for it. But I've noticed recently it sometimes does not - the client asks straight if you want a team reroll and does not apply Pro or ask if you want to try it (i.e. not listed in the client box either - so it's not done automatically and hidden).

On the last occasion it was a troll trying to stand up rather than moving or blitzing... is that different? If so why? I would imagine that the player should have the option to attempt a Pro reroll on activation with Really Stupid, no matter what they want to do with that activation?
Candlejack

Post   Posted: May 12, 2022 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

You cannot use Pro when prone as the skill requires a tackle zone.

If you are standing rules wording suggests that you regain your tacklezone at activation then roll for nega traits so you can use Pro then.

Sounds silly and it is Smile But so far that is the least conflicting interpretation of the rules.

There have been lengthy discussions about it on the forum and discord, so I can't recite them all. But this was the outcome.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2022 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahhh thanks Candlejack - that is indeed odd, but it is a reason thank you Smile
Grod

Post   Posted: May 13, 2022 - 03:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Candlejack wrote:
If you are standing rules wording suggests that you regain your tacklezone at activation then roll for nega traits so you can use Pro then.

Ah right - does that mean if the Troll is standing, but currently has no tacklezone because it failed RS the turn before, then it also can't use Pro?

Oscar Wilde
Carthage

Post   Posted: May 13, 2022 - 06:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Candlejack wrote:

Ah right - does that mean if the Troll is standing, but currently has no tacklezone because it failed RS the turn before, then it also can't use Pro?

So breaking down what Candlejack said.

Turn 1 you fail your Really Stupid check, and lose your tackle zones.
Turn 2 when you go to activate him, the first thing that happens is he regains his tackle zones, then you check if you pass your Really Stupid check. So the Pro can be applied.

vs

Opponent turn 1: They knock your Really Stupid player down
Your turn 1: You try to stand him up but he fails his Really Stupid check and stays down

Your turn 2: You try to stand him up again. When you go to activate him, he doesnt have tackle zones because he is down on the ground so you can't use Pro.
Kinks

Post   Posted: May 13, 2022 - 08:51 Reply with quote Back to top

FYI: https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=32167