93 coaches online • Server time: 21:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kondor

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2022 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

So, yesterday I used a wizard to zap Bomber Dribblesnot and turn him into a frog which I proceeded to badly hurt.

Having said that, if the frog had survived the half would he have been ejected due to the bomber being a secret weapon or would he have been available for the next drive because the frog skills do not include secret weapon?

I can see both sides of the argument but I do not know which is correct.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2022 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Assuming that the frog survives the Half (to be more accurate, the remainder of the drive), once it turns back into Bomber (at the end of the drive) the Secret Weapon rule "reappears" and, since he has been on the pitch for a while, he can be ejected.
The simple fact that Bomber was fielded with a Secret Weapon is enough to make him ejectable by the referee when he recovers from the Zap! spell.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %02, %2022 - %11:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
tussock

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2022 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

In client it hasn't shown you turned back before the SW rolls, but that's a code limitation, you still do have to roll, and Bomber needs a bribe or argue to come back.

Basically, both things happen at the end of drive, you turn back (if not badly hurt), and you get sent off for having been fielded.

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2022 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
So, yesterday I used a wizard to zap Bomber Dribblesnot and turn him into a frog which I proceeded to badly hurt.

Having said that, if the frog had survived the half would he have been ejected due to the bomber being a secret weapon or would he have been available for the next drive because the frog skills do not include secret weapon?

I can see both sides of the argument but I do not know which is correct.

That was my bomba XD Zap a T1 he didn't even throw a bomb. But it costs 150K to stop him Wink
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2022 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Considering it's BB, not Monopoly, and that Bomber was probably the biggest threat to my ST 5 Runner, I'm happy I spent 150k to counter him. Razz (As an aside, 150k Wizard is underpriced, in my opinion, although not as underpriced as Bomber).
I regretted taking the Weather Mage, instead.
I wanted to check whether I could use him at start of opponent's turn (he was supposed to make the TTM attempt harder). Otherwise I would have not hired him.
Live and learn!
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2022 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Or read rules from rulebook ?

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2022 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, that too, obviously. I don't have the rulebook, that's why sometimes I have to discover them by playing. Very Happy
Anyway, I've reached a decent level of rule knowledge, despite that.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2022 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

And once again:

CR 177 (tv 1820 + 180) vs CR 154 (tv 1730 + 80)

total:
+23 Cr points
+ 190 tv

Now I see why you love the box. It offers fair games.

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2022 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

You could build a high TV team yourself and activate in the Box, rather than posting on forums. It would help to have fair matches.
Also, it's not my fault if Season Re-Draft has not been implemented yet and if most people don't build teams and play at super low TV.
What I do is but a consequence of that.
Bomber is super underpriced, by the way, he should cost 130k, as explained by Nelphine in his analysis. I had to buy the Wizard to counter him.
Again, a consequence of bad rules design (which is not my fault). The Weather Mage was absolutely useless, so you should not even consider him in the calculation.
Blame the designers and the environment.
The Box provides games. GF doesn't provide games (unless I accept to play always at a disadvantage). Is not a hard choice to do, for me.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2022 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I see a team with a far superior coach and a tv 1820 facing a team with a tv 1810 and taking 180k inducements.
Those are numbers. The rest are empty words. You always only care about numbers. The numbers say you're a picker. Even in the box.

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2022 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Feel free to create a thread complaining about the matching criteria of the Box, if you don't like them. I already said in another thread that I don't want to play vs low CR coaches (no, it's not elitism), suggesting the bracket filter, but it created a flame and it was closed (not complaining, just saying).
So, really I'm not interested in playing vs them deliberately, I just find them in the Box because I get paired with them. Inducements are part of the game. I had a fun chat with my opponent, discussing about build and BB rules (there were several spectators who watched that). He was not angry or pissed off with me during or after the match and both had fun. I don't think I did anything wrong or against any rule of BB or of the site. If you don't like Inducements, create a thread about that, I can't change the official rules, sadly.
That said, since this debate is not constructive, it doesn't improve my knowledge, it doesn't give me CR, I'm not bored enough to reply over and over again and I don't want to create a flame war forcing the staff to lock the thread (they have better things to do), I step out.
I'm not here to argue with you. I want either to play or constructively talk about something BB-related (rules, builds, tactics, players' cost etc.).
Happy life! Smile

P.S. I copy here the Black Box description:

"You can use any Competitive division team to get a game via the Blackbox scheduler. You may get difficult match-ups. You may get match-ups with large TV differences. You are expected to play any match that you get. You have been warned!"

It speaks clearly: if you activate in the Box you can find hard match-ups, large TV difference, you are expected to play any match that you get.

You may like it or not, but that's the nature of the Box. I didn't make the Box to suit my preferences, I just play in it. If you don't like it, either try to change it with a thread, poll, whatever or accept it, but don't blame people who play in it.

I tried to reply in the most constructive way I could, now I'm off for real. Smile

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %02, %2022 - %19:%Sep; edited 2 times in total
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2022 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

we could all just be nice to each other. We're playing a game after all.
RavensFan

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2022 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I can confirm i think i was the opponent. And it was fun ! I play in the box cause of TV dif and CR dif to. I loved the game with a lot of blood. And my gosh his runner MV8 ST5 AG4 is totally unstoppable.
wintergreen13

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2022 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Now this is the kind of attitude we need more of. RavensFan, you get it. Very much looking forward to playing you again; when we do your orcs are going to totally murder my team and it will be glorious.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2022 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there any way of telling if a [C] match was started from scheduler or gamefinder?
 Jump to: