32 coaches online • Server time: 10:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gernork

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2022 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everybody
I have a question about the hail mary pass skill. The eratta say:

Q: „Is a hail mary pass treated as a long bomb when determining any modifiers for testing for accuracy?“ (p.79]
A: „Yes.“

Does this mean that every time I try to pass when I use the Hail Mary Pass skill, I have -3 on my roll? If you read the text of the skill and also compare it with the old rules, this seems strange to me. Hence the question as to whether I understood the errata correctly.

Thanks Very Happy
Java

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2022 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

you understood it correctly

everyone is sad about that answer

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2022 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

My bomma with Hail Mary Pass was even sadder

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2022 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the answer Smile
It is incomprehensible to me and probably to everyone else that a rule text of a skill is changed in this way. So why wasn't that clearly spelled out in the rules text from the start? Rolling Eyes
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2022 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

They got the work experience kid to do the FAQs, and now don't want to admit that FAQ is wrong
mekutata

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2022 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I also think the FAQ is bugged.
Why would anyone pick HMP like this?

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2022 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

The only reason is that you can throw a pass all over the field. Inaccurate, but across the field. If you now consider that strictly speaking Cannoneer isn't used either, that's not a good reason to choose the skill. Either the FAQ is wrong or the skill is practically useless.
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2022 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

So, does that mean a Hail Mary Pass is FUMBBL'd by everyone unless a natural 6 is rolled? The exception being 2+ passers, who would need a 5+?

With the advent of random skills as an option, I fully understand and support some skills in each category being silly and almost useless, but this nurf hurts the gobbos pretty bad. If not technically, perhaps just moral-wise. Dreams every team has of that fun HMP s'ploder, ruined.

Bombs having mighty blow now.. worth the HMP nurf?

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2022 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

HMP isnt affected by Pa stats because it's never accurate.

On a 1 it's a fumble, on a 2 to 4 it's adjusted -1 to 1 and is therefore Wildy Inaccurate. 5+ is Inaccurate and will land within 3 squares of where you aimed. (This assumes no other negative impacts like tacklezones, weather or Disturbing Presence)
Thoriin

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2022 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

great skill. Thanks GW
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2022 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

gernork wrote:
The only reason is that you can throw a pass all over the field. Inaccurate, but across the field. If you now consider that strictly speaking Cannoneer isn't used either, that's not a good reason to choose the skill. Either the FAQ is wrong or the skill is practically useless.

But if it's treated as a Long Bomb for accuracy, then shouldn't Cannoneer come into play (and so make it a 4+). I mean, that's still pretty dreadful, but it's a little bit better.

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2022 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

GW definitely love Stunties!
Don't they?

Turn over if your flying stunty teammate doesn't land on his feet (he doesn't carry the ball, but who cares?), and deadlier bombs that you can now only throw onto... the head of the blitzer who protects your grenadier.

Very cool last-minute modifications, GW.
Very cool.

After all, goblins' 38% win rate definitely needed to be... nerfed.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2022 - 07:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I understand this site utilizing every word printed by GW. However, things like this are reasons I believe Errata and FAQs should be ignored by leagues and tournaments.

Write house rules to clarify these idiocies and make the game better for your group. There are too many instances like this. HMP, Pile Driver, Claw/Mb stack, star player costs, thrown stunties causing turn overs, and a dozen others.

Use the rules as they are written in the original rules book unless your group completely disagrees.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2022 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

So, please, is it possible to know how FUMBBL client implemented Hail Mary Pass?
Looks like there are many interpretations of the skill and I'm confused.
Jonnyquality

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2024 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Any one please know how Hail Mary Pass works in Fumbbl..

It just came to crunch where I'd baited my evil opponent into coming at me.. and come crunch time when I need to lob it to his endzone.. the skill wouldn't activate.

how is it supposed to work ? I moved , tried passing nothing, i stood still chose pass , still nothing i could use. I chose pass, moved , tried selecting a square still nothing.

any ideas on how to actually use it ? and I don't mean use it in bloodbowl generally, i mean with in the confines of Fumbbl .

Help me ! let me defeat the Evil wizard with Hail Mary
 Jump to: