22 coaches online • Server time: 04:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2022 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Several people have mentioned adding a division/ league filter. Christer has requested a related feature which may solve this issue without cluttering the UI. People will be given a new setting to either display all activated teams for a coach or only those which have at least 1 possible match to your activated teams.

So if you didn’t have any Secret League teams, they wouldn’t be shown (if you’ve ticked this option, which will be on by default).
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2022 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

TBF that sounds perfect. Good work Himalaya
Java

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2022 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

There's still the issue of some coaches lingering on as available, hours after they last appear online on the site

@Malmir you're never gonna be set as hidden by me <3

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2022 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

HimalayaP1C7 wrote:
Several people have mentioned adding a division/ league filter. Christer has requested a related feature which may solve this issue without cluttering the UI. People will be given a new setting to either display all activated teams for a coach or only those which have at least 1 possible match to your activated teams.

So if you didn’t have any Secret League teams, they wouldn’t be shown (if you’ve ticked this option, which will be on by default).

I love this choice. I know many people may change what teams they have in their based on what they see, but I fire and forget - toss some teams in, throw some quick offers, and then sit - if anyone offers, yay, but I'm not looking in much detail.
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2022 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
There's still the issue of some coaches lingering on as available, hours after they last appear online on the site

I believe leaving the Gamefinder tab open doesn't mark you as online like visiting other pages would.

We'll change it so that after 30 minutes of not clicking anything, you'll be cut off from Gamefinder and given a prompt asking if you want to rejoin.
Sambre

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2022 - 08:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the not allowed to offer matches message turns up when you try to offer a game to a team in the wrong format. An SL team or a Ranked team to a Competitive team or a BB20 to a BB16 team and vice versa. Is this right ? Or is there something more to that ?
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2022 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

If you’re browsing Gamefinder and haven’t selected one of your own teams, it will show you all active coaches and all active teams. This will be customisable soon when we add an option to filter down only to relevant / matchable teams. When you haven’t selected one of your own teams every opponent team can be clicked to show details about the team. On the right hand side of the pop up of team info is a list of your teams that can send offers to this team, if there aren’t any eligible teams then it just explains that you don’t have any teams that can make offers. I think when that list is empty it is causing a bit of confusion so I’ll see if the wording needs tweaking.
Azur

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2022 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Why are my 1000k Undead not allowed to send an offer to a 1370K team?
I mean... it's not the BBox : if 2 opponents agree to play an "unbalanced" game, they should be able to do so, shouldn't they?
Java

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2022 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

HimalayaP1C7 wrote:
Java wrote:

I believe leaving the Gamefinder tab open doesn't mark you as online like visiting other pages would.

The lingering happens even several hours after the coach was last "online" so I don't think there's even a tab open...

@Azur: rookie protection was a thing in Ranked too
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2022 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

We'd need Christer to explain exactly which rule is blocking that, but it doesn't seem too surprising that its blocked at the moment.

I imagine it will be quite tricky to make it more flexible, as maybe you're happy to be very flexible with one of your teams but not others, just a random thought though.
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2022 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
The lingering happens even several hours after the coach was last "online" so I don't think there's even a tab open...

From one of Christer’s earlier comments, I’d say that if you opened Gamefinder and then left the tab open for several hours, you’d remain in Gamefinder but others would see you as “last online” several hours ago. Basically the “last online” value isn’t updated by the Gamefinder requests to the server.

When the 30 minute of no clicks is implemented, this should sort this problem.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2022 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

When clicking on a team on GF you can see the pop up with TV, RR, DF, gold, but there is no information about the Apo. It's important to know whether a team has an Apo or not and, as another person said, it's important to know how many players a team has without having to count them. So, it would be nice, in my opinion, to add the Apo info and the number of players.
Azur

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2022 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
it's important to know how many players a team has without having to count them. So, it would be nice, in my opinion, to add the Apo info and the number of players.

Indeed, it would be a nice addition.
Of course, you can already check those data on the team sheet, but it would certainly be more user-friendly to see it all "at once".
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2022 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes. I mean, if there is a pop-up with the informations, why not having ALL the important informations displayed there? Apo is an important information, especially considering how the Inducements are now.
Either you don't make a pop-up at all and direct-link the roster page (a la GF 1) or, if you make a pop-up, you write all the important informations there, in my opinion.
If space is needed, the written race name could be removed. There is already the race logo showing what kind of team is, the race name is redundant.

edit. if writing with words RR, gold, Apo, DF takes too much space then the icons could be used, for example, a red cross for the apo, a flag for DF, the bag for the gold, the dice for the RRs, like the icons on the post-match page.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %09, %2022 - %14:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2022 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I’ve got all those in the issue tracker now. Seems like we can make those changes, but there are quite a few small changes to get done.
 Jump to: