50 coaches online • Server time: 19:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mekutata

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2022 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Gits, lets stay focused on the topic.
This one is to give feedback on the gamefinder, which will also be basis for you "optimal" black box.

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2022 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
mekutata wrote:
Regarding mattys suggestion to make gamefinder/future box easier to access.
The "play" button next to a team could lead to a page with the 3 options
● Gamefinder
● Blackbox
● Gamename

I like this. I was wondering yesterday about the "Play" link and how to make it useful since it's the first thing I'd intuitively click if I were new.

I am sure it's the first thing a new coach clicks when trying to find out how to play.

Maybe add as a 4th (&maybemaybe 5th) option:
● Watch Games (this also allows to check if your computer runs the client)
● Testmode (links to the testmode wiki for "solo" play and testing, can be used to play bb together with a friend at home)

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 08:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe this has been mentioned, but I'm not sure.

I'm on late North American times, and I'm never sure if the 1 or 2 coaches have seen my offer. We often 'activate' then do other things while we wait for ages. Laundry. Dishes. TV.

But.. sometimes we see offers and just aren't up for that game or that match-up. 11:30 pm is a little late to have goblins smashed by orks. But we do make offers and see offers, and wonder if the other coach is perhaps in the laundry room, as they do often accept it the 4th or 5th time.

I'm wondering if there is a way there could be a respectful "No, Thank-you" button, to simply say that a pairing has been seen, acknowledged, and declined.

If I knew he had seen it, I'd stop pinging it, wondering about the laundry or television scenario. Likewise, if he knew I had seen it, my computer might make the pinging sound a lot less while I wait for something to come up. It would be like chatting, without the dangerous chat feature, perhaps.

Good stuff so far though. Thank you.

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 08:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I feel that it is a vast improvement. I almost want a random matchmaking where my team is set in favorable and unfavorable matches. More so the system would provide precedence to team types i.e. Agile, Bashy, Stunty, and Hybrid that I have not played in a while with my specific team. If that could be extended to team race that would be cool too. However, the changes are so phenomenal, so I have little to complain about.

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure how much space for change there is

But it would be nice to see the "loner" skill for Journeymen appear in the little window with the highlight of the opposing team (which is still amazing without)
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I've added displaying the 'Loner' skill to the todo list, unfortunately I can't think of an easy way to help with the 2 suggestions above that.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2022 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been away for ages, so this has probably been coverered already. But I'll say my bit:

Why do I have to keep making the same offers? They seem to time out pretty quick, can't this just be a permanent offer so I dont have to keep re-offering every 10 seconds? or least stay there for 10 minutes or so.

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2022 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
I've been away for ages, so this has probably been coverered already. But I'll say my bit:

Why do I have to keep making the same offers? They seem to time out pretty quick, can't this just be a permanent offer so I dont have to keep re-offering every 10 seconds? or least stay there for 10 minutes or so.

+1 The "erosion time" seems awfully quick
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2022 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah its like whack a mole. I think 15 minutes would be best.

aside from that the new Gamefinder is really good.

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2022 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

- The timeout is very fast, as mentioned

- Teams below 1000k are displayed at 1000k?
Which can result in unexpected inducements

- The browser tab displays 'FUMBBL :: 1 offers' which is great but doesn't differentiate between offers made an offers recieved
I swap tabs around a lot, probably like everyone, and forget if I clicked someone and am waiting for their response so when I glance at the tab I can't tell if it's my offer, or a new one has been made from someone else

- If you recieve an offer and then misclick Decline, is there a way to get it back?
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2022 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Ideas added to the issue tracker, thanks.

The time limit for offers seems to be the biggest request, this is already in the list to be reviewed, so Christer is aware of it.

I don't think we'll be able to do anything about recovering a declined offer, the UI would be quite tricky. They will always come back after a few minutes though.
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2022 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Is the small window to accept a game perhaps an attempt at an 'anti-picking' mechanism? As in, "Just Choose To Play, Sir! No need to go over his team in detail!!"

That's just a (crap) hypothesis on my part. For if it were, I would submit that it might disadvantage and/or rush those players who are actually the ones being 'picked', or 'poached, or otherwise offered a very challenging match. A newer coach might feel more 'rushed' by the timer to accept something offered, and not spot a lopsided match, a pile of inducement Morg money, etc.

Increasing the timer seems 'a simple thing' (says the guy who has no idea) so I'm just wondering if it's by design.

In any case, I'm loving the new one.

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2022 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Can C teams be moved to the top of the list, currently they are at the bottom when selecting teams to enter in to game finder.

thanks Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2022 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

i'm not sure why, but sometimes the word 'competitive' doesn't show at the top of the section for a coaches teams (the section with all their competitive teams).

I've only noticed it when all of their teams are from the competitive division, and usually if i go look at another coach, it's there properly, and when i go back to the first coach, it's also there properly. On other occassions, if i stay on the coach without the word 'competitive' for several seconds (2? 3? not sure), then the word competitive shows up.

It's very odd, and somewhat confusing.
smallman

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2022 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

The new gamefinder is great in general, but would be tons better if you could see missed game offers. I miss a ton, from doing other things, I hear the ding, but have no idea who wanted a game 90% of the time.
 Jump to: