41 coaches online • Server time: 10:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Chrisdekok

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2022 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a way to find statistics like most fouls, blocks etc in a single match?

I was thinking about the possibilities to set foul records with the black gobbo. If you induce him, some bribes and have a few sneaky gits on the team there should be plenty of fouling. Even better if it's a tournament game that goes to overtime. Opponent could try to obstruct by not having any players left on the pitch.

I haven't tried the black gobbo yet.
Checked through my own foulier games and found out that max fouls was 15 which is strange as there is 16 turns in a game.

What is the highest number of fouls in a match that any of you have achieved?
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2022 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd look through Angry Newscasters. They're probably the best bet for multiple games with more than 16 fouls. (I want to say they average 12 fouls per game, but that might not actually be true.)

Edit; by quick napkin math, they averaged about 10.4 fouls per match, over more than 2500 matches

Last edited by Nelphine on Oct 12, 2022 - 01:08; edited 2 times in total
Kinks

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2022 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

PaulHicks managed 13,552 fouls in his 2,317 games (5.8 per game). I'd be amazed if he hadn't managed more than 16 on multiple occasions. Especially considering you used to be able to foul on blitz kick off events.

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2022 - 10:01 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/didyouknow does have a lot of stats, but not that one

The fouliest player is Bruce Wayne XVII with 2010 fouls.
Garion26

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2022 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Kinks wrote:
PaulHicks managed 13,552 fouls in his 2,317 games (5.8 per game). I'd be amazed if he hadn't managed more than 16 on multiple occasions. Especially considering you used to be able to foul on blitz kick off events.

I didn't realize that was gone what's the rule wording that changed?
Chrisdekok

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2022 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the info.
I didn't expect a Khemri team to be among the top foulers but that is an impressive number of dirty players.
When playing Ogres I have found I need at least 4 SG/DP gnoblars to keep up the fouling throughout the match.
I think Snotlings might be the best team for a fouling record with the black gobbo. They have access to both swarming and riotous rookies as well as cheap bribes. Drawback is you also need bribes for the wagons and someone need to knock down opponent players for the little guys to do their dirty work.
Kinks

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2022 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion26 wrote:
I didn't realize that was gone what's the rule wording that changed?

The new Kick off event wording:
Quote:
D3+3 Open players on the kicking team may immediately activate to perform a Move action. One may perform a Blitz action and one may perform a Throw Team-mate action. If a player Falls Over or is Knocked Down, no further players can be activated and the Blitz ends immediately.

Probably worth mentioning get the ref has been toned down over the years. I remember there being some real blood baths back in the day. Especially considering DP was +2.

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2022 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Chrisdekok wrote:
I didn't expect a Khemri team to be among the top foulers but that is an impressive number of dirty players.

Back in the DP +2/+2 days they were certainly one of the favoured teams for fouling. Str 5 players to knock them down and cheap disposable players with G access to put in the boot.

Now things have moved on, DP is the 2nd best fouling skill, 1 skill costs more TV now and fouling is likely to work it. Hence, it has become a less effective strategy for Khemri/TG's.

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2022 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

eh, i disagree. khemri are still pitch control through S5 + dirty player everything on the ground. run 16 man teams, and you don't really need SG. one blitzer to put something down, 4 S5 to make sure the pitch is covered, leaves you with 6 players to gangfoul anything you want.

edit:
to be clear, dirty player is still the 'quality' of fouling choice
sneaky git is now the 'quantity' of fouling choice

for most teams, sneaky git allows for so many more fouls than usual that it ends up being better for fouling overall

but khemri could already foul 10+ AVERAGE fouls per match? so they didn't NEED more quantity. so dirty player is still all they need, and they'll still have the best fouling game of any team.

Last edited by Nelphine on Oct 12, 2022 - 20:28; edited 2 times in total
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2022 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

And, Guard (from the S5) now gives Foul assists
Tulkas_jrrt

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2022 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

My own Brashnag succeed in 16 fouls in a regular game ! No bribe !
https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=14355455

You can see the best competitive fouler (not teams, but players) here : https://fumbbl.com/p/toplist?stat=fouls&status=active&division=2&race=0&position=0

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2022 - 06:58 Reply with quote Back to top

16 fouls in a game with one player is really impressive! Very understanding ref.

I don't see a single skeleton on the top fouls player list. But I think I'll try fouly Khemri.

Still think SG is really good. Even with a bench getting players sent off early in a drive is bad.

With SG risk drops to about 1/6 and with DP and some assists risk to be sent off while victim stays on pitch is about 1/12.
ThierryM

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2022 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Skellies have a hard time getting enough SPPs to go and pick Sneaky Git and then Dirty Player to reach full potential...
If you want another master fouler, check Zed's halflings )