62 coaches online • Server time: 22:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2022 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I have say you guys got me all worked up over this wildly inaccurate talk..I finally played a game in over 2 years and my beastmen where chunking the "rock" all over the field on Long Bombs and had no issues. I have to say deep down Iam disapointed.

Passing the ball? no problem man

Last edited by PainState on Jun 27, 2022 - 00:19; edited 1 time in total
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2022 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Uber wrote:
Java wrote:
WE CAN BEAT THE CLAWPOMB THREAD

WITH FRIENDSHIP AND POSITIVITY

Come on guys, put your back into it!

We got a long way to go to challenge the supremacy of the CLAWPOMB thread....I dont think matt can carry us that far.

ClawPOMB thread had nothing on the old weekly fouling threads.

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2022 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
my beastmen where chunking the "rock" all over the field on Long Bombs and had no issues.

That's a very racist way to call elves. I know, they are not humans, but "beastmen" might be a bit too much.

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2022 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

We really should merge this thread and meku's

That would bring us to the 15th page which is 15% of the way to Clawpomb glory

I commend Rags' efforts to keep the discussion lively and wholly support him in that endeavour
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2022 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought that this was supposed to be the positive thread.
The whinging, whining and moaning should be in the other one. Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2022 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

It doesn't take long for that to appear, sadly

I'm told thread merging isn't a thing, so this is now a competition.

The positivity thread shall triumph!!

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2022 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I really really like the new kick off table. There is still the rare thing that drastically changes the game (which is good in my view), but you don't regularly have major swings purely due to the kick off. (See: 7 man pitch invasions, only on one side)
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2022 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

The new Kick-Off table indeed is better than the old one, but I still would change some events:

1) Changing Weather back to result 7 (I played some games where a gamebreaking weather never changed for all game);

2) Officious Ref: 1 temporary ejection to the Reserves Box (with Argue the Call and Bribe allowed), 2+ Stunned;

3) Blitz!: I would allow to use 1 rr (only 1, not multiple rr) and all the players' skills (I lost a WD due to Double Skull during a Blitz!). Blitz! used to be too strong, now it's too weak.

4) High Kick: -1 to catch the ball if kicked by a player with Kick skill. This Kick malus is not applied if, before the High Kick event, a player already was under the ball (for example, because he moved using the On The Ball skill).
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2022 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

nah, i want variance, so all 4 of those things, i don't want. i LIKE the new table.

Positivity thread! want to dislike something? go to that other thread!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2022 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

We are on a mission, don't forget it. We must surpass the old Cpomb thread. I was trying to help. Help is positive, therefore it can be related to a positivity thread.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2022 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

This thread is a measly 5 pages. The complaints thread is already 10. CPOMB is 100, which is still pretty meagre compared to the 300+ they had at Cyanide before the server crash.

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2022 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Rags wrote:
You're right - this imagined dichotomy between opponent using their resources as [they see] fit and an honest or friendly game is entirely just you.

Everything you're saying and repeating and repeating again is premised on the false dichotomy - it's all nonsense.

While I don't favor the acrimony on the previous thread.

I will say Matt it seems like its odd angst given that it's a defined set of resources (whether it's rerolls, treasury, etc) that Blood Bowl allows your opponent (and you) to use as you see fit.

Blood Bowl is a great game. But lets not pretend that it's balanced. Sometimes the dice go nuts. Some team vs team match ups are inherently terrible. Some teams are just better/worse then others. High TV BB changes what's good and bad.

BB2020 adds some high variance oddities that skill can't account for (wildly inaccurate) but generally speaking reduces many of the ones people just accepted in the most recent two editions (clawpomb, kick off table, cash flow inability to replace an early dead positional.)

Heck the fact the CPOMB thread got to 100 pages and CPOMB was heavily nerfed in this edition hasn't been mentioned yet. It's good I think for the game which at high TVs was really does CPOMB goes off or not for some teams.
Java

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2022 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I think they should ban from the rules everything that made me lose a match at least once, or at least double their cost, it's just logical

Except when I use them because that's totally different and fair

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2022 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Bommer is amazing at 50k. I find it hard to differ with that point. I'd pay 70k for Bommer, no question. Probably not more than 80k, though if he were up to 100k he'd still show up once in awhile.

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2022 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, and this is also a good thing about this edition. It wasn't really possible to engineer fair games against rookie teams with a perpetual team. I tried, but it was very unstable, my team wanted to get and stay too good. But now you don't have to skill up until 18 SPP, so you can just fire and replace anyone who gets that high, and except for your floating DF and the odd MNG, your team never has to change one whit. You can play rookie games against rookie teams forever with one team, and there's no balance problem.