29 coaches online • Server time: 09:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2022 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I just had an idea on how to rookie-protect the scheduler without screwing flush-and-restart teams.

If your team has finished no seasons and has a TV under 1.35M, it is considered a rookie team and is eligible for protection, meaning that it will preferentially be matched up with teams that have no players who have completed a season (including potentially those over 1350k).

This way, you can restart your team with all new players and enter the rookie pool, but you don't get rookie protection yourself. Rookies will still get matched with you as if you were a rookie team, but you'll also meet the sweetspotters. By contrast, if you're a dirty little sweetspotter and like to pick on noobs with your two hand-picked legends, you're not gonna run your buzzsaw into any brand-new teams, but you might get some favorable matches against coaches who know what to expect.

I don't know if y'all are past this point in developing the postseason stage, but it would also be cool if you could redraft a team as a rookie team, getting no gold for games, wins, or treasury, not being able to redraft any players, and losing 1 DF (min 1), but getting rookie protection: basically, you're just keeping the name and most of the fans associated with it (See: Cleveland Browns in the '90s. Team moved to Baltimore and changed its name, expansion team sprung up a few years later, took the old name).

So basically, at the end of the season/tournament, you can:
* Build on what you have for a run the following season;
* Take back a few cool/fun players and watch them progress;
* Rebuild almost all of your players as a low-TV two-season project;
* Rebuild all your players, and be eligible to play rookie teams;
* Redraft at 1M gold, -1 DF (min 1), and be eligible for rookie protection.

What do you think?

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2022 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

if it matters, i think rookie protection be for the coach, not for the team. but i am aware most people don't enjoy my preferences
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2022 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, if you rookie-protect new teams, you rookie-protect new coaches too, by default.

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2022 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

right, but i specifically don't want to rookie protect your 37th team.
 Jump to: