56 coaches online • Server time: 22:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2022 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah I think Norse is better actually, sure they are worse at GFI, but it's just on their linemen, but harder to get blodge isn't strictly true because of how skills are gained and its on their player that will get the most SPP. This rule set benefits front loaded teams in lots of ways.

anyway... back to zons chat.

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2022 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

My guess.

Keep dodge everywhere. Only 2 blitzers with blodge rather than 4. Keep some version of a thrower and catcher. Add a big guy of some sort. Perhaps a Gorilla.

I am a bit surprised that they are redoing Amazons at all. I figured they would shy away from the idea as it seems to offend some sensibilities. Lasses in skimpy outfits skewing to the immature teenager crowd while seeming a bit misogynistic.
Kinks

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2022 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
I am a bit surprised that they are redoing Amazons at all. I figured they would shy away from the idea as it seems to offend some sensibilities. Lasses in skimpy outfits skewing to the immature teenager crowd while seeming a bit misogynistic.

New rules = new models Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2022 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I heard the new models are amazing!!! a bunch of ladies running around with hemp skirts that go all the way down to the ankles. Amazing stuff.

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2022 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I did hear there was a prototype of a Amazon completly encased in armor and all you could see was hair coming out from the helmet but they trashed it because it became very hard for the sales person to convince the test audience of the models that they where actually Amazons and or Female. No money to be had with that model.

"are you sure this is a Amazon? It looks like a Chaos Warrior to me."

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2022 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Double post for some reason

Last edited by Tripleskull on Jul 07, 2022 - 22:44; edited 1 time in total
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2022 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

My guess is:

The box will have 12 models: 6 linewomen, 2 Blitzers, 2 Throwers and 2 Catchers
Because that's what they put in the other boxes as well, so it fits on the sprues nicely. (never mind that you actually want 4 blitzers)

Minor rules tweaks, probably similar or less as Norse.
No big guy
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2022 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Azur wrote:
Tripleskull wrote:
Norse, nerfed? Huh?

Yup. Nerfed.
GFI on 3+ for the linos, useless pigs, new runner who takes longer to become a blodger.....
Nerfed.

The new norse is a power house in tournaments and in league play.

Thick skull makes the linemen the best value in the game - by a mile.
Valkyries are not great for tournament, but they are useful players and in leagues they can be super stars.
The pig is very far from useless. It is extremely useful. And even if it was not very useful it would still be decent value to have cheap substitutes.
Azur

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2022 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

If you're happy with the new Norses, I'm happy for you.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2022 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

The slogan on the press release says "get on the ball"... so Throwers with On The Ball (helps with MA6) and yeah, probably a tweak on the catcher... Blitzers to get Wrestle instead of Block and maybe an AV boost, and a "big guy" thats probably a unicorn
Alien_the_Alien

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2022 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Blitzers with Wrestle would be a bit weird, wouldn't it? Afaik blitzers either get block or no block skill (except juggernaut on khorngors I guess), and wrestle is more of a "blocker" type skill (in the IN team).
Maybe amazon blitzers could swap dodge for something else, though - maybe Defensive? Could be fun to have a player starting with that new skill. And 4 defensive players from the start could also make that skill somewhat usable.
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2022 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Azur wrote:
If you're happy with the new Norses, I'm happy for you.

I am not happy with them. I hate 20k, 2+ AG, dodge players on a serious team, and I hate the star players abilities.

For me it is about evaluating their power level. I consider the new Norse to be significantly stronger than the old Norse.
A block, thick skull player is very resilient, even with AV7, and resilience is all that Norse was ever missing, maybe apart from some 2+ dodging to provide key assists and some discounted players to afford expensive positionals.
Java

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2022 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

defensive on a instant Guard piece sounds like a recipe for headaches

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2022 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Hypnooooooo toad

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2022 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I think most feel amazons were a weird team generally very good at TV 1000 and very bad at TV 1500+ with hard counters in dwarfs/chaos dwarfs.
I don't think that made for the best gaming experiences particularly in an online matchmaking environment like C or BB2.

Some people may like that design but I think it's better if it's good early and still reasonably good later. To me to do it you diversify the skills and stat lines so dodge isn't the only thing keeping them alive. Either some higher strength pieces or higher armor pieces. Presumably no dodge on those pieces t to avoid pumping up the out of the gates power level.
 Jump to: