61 coaches online • Server time: 21:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
rremy

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2022 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it is true that the blood bowl rules are so well written that we can seriously discuss the nuances between “must” and “may” for this ruling
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2022 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Spike issue 15 is due out today, anyone got the remainder of the details? Very Happy
sebco

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2022 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

rremy wrote:
Yeah, it is true that the blood bowl rules are so well written that we can seriously discuss the nuances between “must” and “may” for this ruling

Hi Rremy.

There are some approximations in this ruleset but, yes, there's still a clear difference between Must and May in the rules. Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2022 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Updated the help page, but had to just guess a recommended starting build, can anyone recommend a better one?

https://fumbbl.com/help:BB20AmazonSetUp

Edit:
Changed it to the one recommended by JackassRampant below.

Last edited by HimalayaP1C7 on Oct 08, 2022 - 17:34; edited 1 time in total
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2022 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

To me it's a question of timing. "Must vs may" is not as important as "which triggers first?"

As for Amazon rosters, one build jumps out at me.

2 Blockers
1 Blitzer
8 Linemen
4 Re-Rolls
6 Dedicated Fans (or a 9th Lineman for tournies)

The Blockers are just totally broken OP, carry with them up to Block/Guard, and you'll be a nightmare.

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2022 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
Spike issue 15 is due out today, anyone got the remainder of the details? Very Happy

I bought the digital copy for the quick facts. Blitzers lose S access on primary but blockers do have S as primary.
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2022 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

No S access on the blitzers. Blitzers just became way worse. Blockers are good though. 130k for blodge st4 means compared to the old blitzers you are getting a 10k (40k) discount on a +st roll and are getting defense and +av for free. Not to mention AG3+ should make them one of the easiest st4 to score with. Also I figured they were going to do this, but loss of Roxxy access hurts, maybe not so much for winning games, but it was always super fun to be able to use Roxanna on an amazon team and get that ag5
Grod

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2022 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Out of the box, Amazon teams no longer have any Blodge players (or reliable hitters) at all. They should be a deservedly tier 1 team, but it's not clear they are as OP as some players feared. If I had to choose between rookie Norse and rookie Amazons for a one-off match, I would take Norse for sure.

Oscar Wilde
BeanBelly

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2022 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Out the box Zons are definitely not OP; which is a good thing. There are plenty of better starting teams.

I agree the ST4 Blockers have great potential; but as rookie players they are pretty expensive and Defensive is initially useless. They are also foul magnets. Getting two skills on each of them won't be as easy as typing Blodge Guard.

The thrower I'm unconvinced by. Slow, no Sure Hands, only 3+ passing (and no player with catch to throw to). If I made a team again I'd not take a thrower in the starting lineup, I'd go for something more like JackassRampant's suggestion.

I'd have one in a bigger TV team just to make 2 turn scores easier, using On The Ball. And a Leader RR is always useful.

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2022 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Added a Variation 2 which swaps out a RR in favour of taking both Blitzers

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2022 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I know passing is out - and not that grand. But Safe throw is a bit underrated as so few people do that now. A thrower with cannonner and or accurate and safe throw is ... not that bad. If it's a fumble there's no turnover. 3+ with one of the other two skills and a guaranteed re-roll and it's not even that unreliable.

The blitzers losing S access is the bigger thing - no more easyish access to four guard players - which they needed so much.

Last edited by Mnemon on Oct 18, 2022 - 13:52; edited 1 time in total
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2022 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I.e. I know it's a secret league team - but they pass a lot and I have a whole lot of fun with them: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=1066352 even if most need ag3 to catch.
amazingprizzini

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2022 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone had much experience playing with the new amazons roster? If so, what's it been like?
neuro_

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2022 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I've played a few TT games with them and do have a fumbbl team. For optimal starting lineup you literally just want 2 blockers and 10 linewomen, + 3rr and an apo. I usually take a Blitzer for fun. The blockers are really, really, REALLY strong. Don't let them get fouled and you should be fine. get Block and then stats stats stats, taking guard, mighty blow, tackle, stand firm or whatever over stats you dont want... but every stat is great for them.

Also, don't play against dwarves. Zons still have that problem. In fact it's probably worse now cause you only get 2 guards.
rremy

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2022 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Blitzer will become much stronger with Hit and Run(especially against dwarves)
 Jump to: