56 coaches online • Server time: 22:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2022 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion26 wrote:
I think most feel amazons were a weird team generally very good at TV 1000 and very bad at TV 1500+ with hard counters in dwarfs/chaos dwarfs.
I don't think that made for the best gaming experiences particularly in an online matchmaking environment like C or BB2.

Some people may like that design but I think it's better if it's good early and still reasonably good later. To me to do it you diversify the skills and stat lines so dodge isn't the only thing keeping them alive. Either some higher strength pieces or higher armor pieces. Presumably no dodge on those pieces t to avoid pumping up the out of the gates power level.

Amazons were still over 50% between 1600 - 1800 in the Box.
46% 1800-2000.

You can't have every race over 50% Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2022 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Amazons were a little rough in the NBFL, where every team was over 2 million and had multiple Tackle-POMBers, back in LRB6 days, but not "very bad," just kinda tricky.

Hmmm...
That question about Defensive got me thinking.

0-16 Linewoman: 6,3,3+,4+,8+; Dodge; G/AS; 55k
0-2 [thrower-type]: 6,3,3+,3+,8+; Dodge, Pass, On the Ball; GP/AS; 80k
0-2 [catcher-type]: 7,3,3+,5+,8+; Dodge, Catch; AG/S; 80k
0-2 [blocker-type]: 6,3,3+,5+,9+; Dodge, Defensive; GS/A; 80k
0-2 [blitzer-type]: 7,3,3+,4+,8+; Dodge, Dauntless, Tackle; GS/A; 95k
TRR: 50k

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2022 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

They mentioned on the Ball, and have lizards and stuff on the picture. I'm guessing Amazons with chameleon Skink stunties, and they'll be a Forgeworld Big guy, maybe a Zon Kroxigor and a couple of star players.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2022 - 07:58 Reply with quote Back to top

How about a Zoat for a big guy on the Amazon team?
James_

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2022 - 08:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:

Quite possibly, I do think they'll get a big guy. Roster wise I think they'll stick to the original some what with a few tweaks similar to the Norse roster.
Java

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2022 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

Amazons were still over 50% between 1600 - 1800 in the Box.
46% 1800-2000.

You can't have every race over 50% Wink

Oh great wizard koadah, is there a way to restrict fumbbldata searches by dates?

The purpose would be to compare new norse with old norse, and in the future, new zons with old zons.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2022 - 09:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:

Zoats aren't amazonian. They live in the Old world with the wood elves.

However GW might not know this haha

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2022 - 09:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Kondor wrote:

I still feel ( based on nothing) they'll get some sort of big guy, or something odd, like a Stab zon or something
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2022 - 09:57 Reply with quote Back to top

If there is a big guy and I were to guess I'd say Ogress, we already have a basis for this in bertha bigfist. Who has been removed due to not being created entirely by GW. wouldn't suprise me if we get a female Ogre

55,4+,5+,10+ Thick Skull, Mighty Blow (+1), loner (4+), Break Tackle, thick Skull

in terms of little helpers akin to beer boar.... I think a frog/toad

in terms of roster design I just hope they remove dodge from every player
keep it on the blitzers and catchers, but please take it off the rest, aside from that i dont care. Any change will be good as zons are the most boring team in the game.

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2022 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Its the 'on the ball' comment for me pointing at maybe cham Skink stunties? would that make any sense, my knowledge of Amazons in Warhammer isnt amazing.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2022 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Its possible, I dont see why they'd add a different races players to this team though. I suspect on the ball will just be given to their throwers and maybe catchers too.

I'm quite excited by this release tbh. Zons have been so dull for far too long, really hope they fix them

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2022 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to see major changes, their uniqueness is the blanket stat line(passing not included), which I hope they vastly change. Just a boring team for me.
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2022 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

The only thing that has justified Amazons existing for 20 years in the form they have, is that dwarves exist. Maybe notoriously two of the most boring teams to face for most people. Here's hoping for a serious rework.

EDIT. Also, it's very silly seeing some of the pearl-clutching "they're going to go all PC and we can't have any half-naked womens anymore!" comments (not overly here, but they crop up). Well, I'm not going to say that Amazons haven't been a bit embarassing, but have you not looked at any of their other lines? Witch Elves and Escher from AoS and Necromunda are not exactly button-upped prudes, and there's been no outcry as far as I can tell (and are vastly better models than the Amazons ever were).
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2022 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

Right. Too bad that in BB2020 Amazons and Lizardmen can hire Zolcath the Zoat, so yes, GW threw to the wind the lore.

Garion wrote:

in terms of roster design I just hope they remove dodge from every player
keep it on the blitzers and catchers, but please take it off the rest, aside from that i dont care.

Holy and wise words, I share your hope. And yes, Dodge on Catchers is ok and fits the role, but Dodge spam on all players it isn't.

Last edited by MattDakka on Jul 09, 2022 - 11:54; edited 2 times in total
James_

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2022 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

There are some decent female models in Warcry, so not worrying GW wont be able to put out a solid zon team.
 Jump to: