82 coaches online • Server time: 22:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wolbum

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2022 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Real nice post Nelphine. It's about time someone did a similar GLN write up on the Star Players, especially with their pervasiveness in this edition.

My only query is: Skorg Snowpelt did not include the removal of Unchanneled Fury/Wild Animal in his cost. How would you include that in his price roughly?
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2022 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

ha, i totally missed that. adds 30k to his cost, putting him at a very nice +3%. thanks
Wolbum

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2022 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

No worries. Loved your post Nelphine, keep it up! Amazed Grashnak is underpriced honestly but happy non the less, he is my favourite Star.
whatabrian

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2022 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I love this post! Great analysis. I'm surprised Griff doesn't yield an even larger delta. He seems to be vastly broken in tabletop tournaments, he's an absolute steal.

I think it is difficult to quantify some of the value certain stars bring - the cost values alone don't do all of them justice. For instance, The Black Gobbo: sure some of his stats conflict since you can only use one per turn, but the pure potential that he could do any of these things on any turn draws more of your opponent's attention than what the Gobbo is actually worth ... leaving ample space for the other players on the pitch.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2022 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

20% at his tv, means griff is 70k lower than expected - that's worth literally 3 primaries and a random primary.. that's a LOT
spinball

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2022 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I absolutely love the write up... I wonder what people value in a player type they cannot get. For instance undead getting Chaney a werewolf they don't normally have access to.
kozak

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2022 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually the Black Gobbo cost 200k in our league, and it's very close to OP analysis +/- 190k.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2022 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I am updating this post for the new 8 stars. feedback always welcome!
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2022 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok the new 8 are all added. Please let me know if you think I need to tweak anything!
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2022 - 01:51 Reply with quote Back to top

apparently i was missing 9 not 8. also made various edits (particularly Grim) based on feedback. Keep it coming!
Wolbum

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2022 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the update Nelphine, love this goldmine of info. Pardon, but will you be adding Ripper the troll and Nobbla Blackwart? MERRY christmas!
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2022 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes! *conspiratorial look* but I couldn't just add Ripper and let someone else see him first
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2022 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Ripper and Nobbla added
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2022 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

ok, editted a fair bit to change where the 'amazing' line was
mekutata

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2022 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe useful for leagues:
So we integrated dynamic costs in XXXL. Players that get induced raise costs, players who remain unused lower their costs.
So if Bomma gets to play a lot, he will grow in costs and will be less likely induced at later stages of the league. At the same time some overly expensive players may become quite a bargain after 5 matchdays.
It's quite some work for the league admins. But I feel it works well so far, handling "too good" stars and also making sure to have different inducements on different matchdays.