24 coaches online • Server time: 02:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2022 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Long ago, the site did track "team strength". I'm guessing that that was more trouble than it was worth.

There are loads of other things to spend time on.

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2022 - 16:46
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Team Strength was objectively better than TV, but I got a lot of backlash because it wasn't perfect. So when we transitioned away from LRB4, I didn't bother to update it.
Chrisdekok

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2022 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it would be great if CR was independant of what kind of teams a coach choose to play but I understand it could be technically dificult to implement and require a lot of data from previous games to be correct.
Even if it wouldnt be perfect I think it would be an improvement if the formula would compensate for roster strength and as more and more data becomes availible the formula would be perfected over time.
I say this as a person with zero knowledge about programming and data collection.
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2022 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Chrisdekok wrote:
I think it would be great if CR was independant of what kind of teams a coach choose to play but I understand it could be technically dificult to implement and require a lot of data from previous games to be correct.
Even if it wouldnt be perfect I think it would be an improvement if the formula would compensate for roster strength and as more and more data becomes availible the formula would be perfected over time.
I say this as a person with zero knowledge about programming and data collection.

Even if it was perfect, people would complain about it.

One guy did try to figure out how to create a perfect system. He figured that some teams were so weak that if you didn't win by enough TDs, your win should actually lose you CR. Mr. Green

I'm sure that coaches would have loved that. Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2022 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
One guy did try to figure out how to create a perfect system. He figured that some teams were so weak that if you didn't win by enough TDs, your win should actually lose you CR. Mr. Green

That might be overdoing it Smile
Java

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2022 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

MerryZ wrote:
Also box is easy way to boost CR.

More easy to get favourable matches than finder.

Tho trophy kinda tries to do the opposite Wink

Gospel
Chrisdekok

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2022 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Finished the trophy run with my Ogre team and it went very well for the last part, 6 wins in a row!

Except for the first 3 games it was stunty opponents all the way and it proved to be very good for the ogres. Especially playing against halflings felt like stealing candies from a baby. I only got a draw against one of the halflings and I felt that I played very badly in that match and opponent was also good.

I dont know why I didnt get more non stunty opponents as my TV was 620-740 in those games which should allow for normal opponents when adding 350TV.

I planned to play 4 ogres and 1 reroll to get good inducement (bomber +Morg/Griff) against normal teams but that plan failed as 1 ogre was killed immediatley and Leader guy got crippled as soon as he got leader.

I dont think I would have got as good result with my original plan as I did now.
 Jump to: