57 coaches online • Server time: 16:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Java

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2022 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Something something fascinating Aida Christmas song

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2022 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Nelphine wrote:
but in GF you could play 100% against people able to assess the match. why not do that?

Because the people I'd like to play against turn down my offers, simple!!!

Maybe they have read your rules ?

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2022 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Nelphine wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
The ruleset specifically wants Season Re-Draft too and it has not been implemented yet. With Season Re-Draft spending Treasury for Inducements would be less likely, I guess.
We must consider the overall picture.

nah, i would spend treasury at least 2/3 of the games, even with redrafts.

Ok, but for sure fewer times than without Re-Draft, right?

honestly, no i don't expect it to impact me at all. so far, all the teams where i have participated in re-draft (several leagues) and every team where i have watched my treasury and considered what re-draft would do, has, in every single case, resulted in treasury not being used for the re-draft. so all of my treasury is free for inducements or team hiring.

the most extreme case is my team that has earned 815k in 9 games, and has hit the redraft cap without using any of it, and has only needed to spend 160k on players. that leaves 655k for inducements over 9 games.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2022 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

MerryZ wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
Nelphine wrote:
but in GF you could play 100% against people able to assess the match. why not do that?

Because the people I'd like to play against turn down my offers, simple!!!

Maybe they have read your rules ?

No, they are just super pickers. Always in Competitive playing vs coaches way lower ranked than them.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2022 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

sure, but by choosing to play in box, you KNOW you're going to play at least some games against people unable to assess their own team. wouldn't it be better to play only against people who can assess it, even if you don't get to play against everyone who you'd like to play against?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2022 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

To play vs people able to assess games I need that they accept the game.
Assessing a game is a thing, accepting to play it is a different beast.
You can be able to assess a game, it could be fair, yet you could not accept it because you (rhetoric "you") want a favourable game.
The only people accepting games are generally too lower rank, I'm not interested in playing vs Stars or lower. The CR risk/gain is not worth 1 hour of game.
I play to gain CR.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %23, %2022 - %16:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2022 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

sure, but if you play in box, you are (indirectly) challenging teams who cannot assess their team properly. that makes you a picker.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2022 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

A picker is somebody who can choose with pinpoint accuracy race and opponent, in my book.
If I activated Amazons in the Box I could find a noob (or good) coach with Dwarfs.
On GF I can be sure 100% that I never face Dwarfs with Amazons, if I want.
On GF I can pick opponent AND race, on Box I can't.
Also, the Box works both ways: I can find a bad coach/good match-up, but I can find a good coach/bad match-up as well. I risk that. On GF I can risk nothing, if I really want.
Box has more uncontrollable variables than GF.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %23, %2022 - %17:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2022 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

ok. that's different than your previous post, but i've taken this far enough. thoughts on the inducement comment?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2022 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Java, some time ago, if I remember well, (I can't find the post) said that I should consider Season Re-Draft and the whole rules when I talk about them and, if I still remember well, I was talking about Treasury and Inducements (sorry if my memory fools me, in case). So, I thought that Season Re-Draft could discourage a bit people from buying Inducements.
Then Season Re-Draft is more useless than I thought.

About Box: in an ideal world we would have thousands of coaches and we could match them by close rank, but the site has small population so the MM can't be super accurate.
I agree that it should be based on close CR if possible.
 Jump to: