14 coaches online • Server time: 06:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2022 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I have induced the Weather Mage twice so far.
Since the hat icon is exactly the same as the normal Wizard, I think it could help to prevent confusion (opponent could think he's a normal Wizard if he doesn't hover with the mouse pointer on it) making a new icon or at least change the colour of the Wizard icon.
So, the normal Wizard icon could be the black hat with the lightning, while the Weather Mage could be a blue hat (nod to Celestial College of Magic, which is related to controlling weather in WH fluff).
Maybe a blue hat with a star, a comet or a sun with rays (sun because it suggests the idea of nice weather).
Just an idea.
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2022 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

There is only a limited number of slots for icons available. So some inducements have to share an icon.

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2022 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah I see, thanks anyway!
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2022 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

What is your evaluation of the valuation of weather wizard?
Worth it?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2022 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

First time I used him: disappointing because I had thought that the weather would have been changed for longer than 1 turn. It was a Chaos Dwarfs vs Chaos Renegades
game, I wanted to change the weather to improve the picking up odds but he was not very necessary (I mean, it was not so necessary to change the weather for only 1 turn). I blame my own ignorance! I won anyway, he was more a "luxury" Inducement just to remove the pick up malus.

Second time: I knew that the weather change was temporary, so I strategically used the Mage on turn 8, when I received, to improve the odds of 1TTD. The weather was Pouring Rain, so, after the ball was kicked off to me, I used the Mage to change the weather to Nice.
So, in this situation he was worth the 30k, in my opinion.
With AG 3 involved in ball handling, changing the rolls (pick up and catch) from 4+ to 3+ is very useful.
The Mage seems to be very useful for Khemri (you know, when you receive with the Pouring Rain).
Another use could be removing Blizzard for a last turn GFI or pass.

Last edited by MattDakka on Aug 26, 2022 - 17:56; edited 1 time in total
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2022 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, cheers

30k is sometimes an odd unit to spend so yea I can see it’s worthwhile

Shame it can’t have its own icon but good to ask

Can you have both wizard and weather wizard?
If so, do you get 2 hat icons?
BeanBelly

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2022 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I’ve bought mage three times I think, and it hasn’t really helped yet.
If I have cash I’d spend 50k on something more satisfying. Like the cool crisp taste of Bugman’s XXXXXX from the tip of the froth to the bottom of the mug, each sip is pure delight.

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2022 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
Ok, cheers

30k is sometimes an odd unit to spend so yea I can see it’s worthwhile

Shame it can’t have its own icon but good to ask

Can you have both wizard and weather wizard?
If so, do you get 2 hat icons?

Well, you don't have to hire the Weather Mage every time you have 30k to spend, but, for example, if there is Pouring Rain and you play as Khemri I think he can be useful. You never know, you could need to pick up the ball due to a Blitz! or you could want to improve the odds of 1TTD. For sure he can have uses and 30k is really cheap. Turning a GFI or 2 from 3+ to 2+ can be a game changer. Changing the weather for just 1 turn is not that great, unless that particular turn is important (most likely, the last turn, when you need to do a critical sequence to score, such as a pick up/hand off/pass or some GFIs).
Yes, you can have both and I think that, since the hat icon is shared, a number will appear near the hat icon. I'm not sure, I never hired both the Wizard and the Mage so far.
Yes, I'm not complaining about the lack of a specific icon, it would have been nice to have it but we can live even with the same icon for both.

Cheers!
tussock

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2022 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

It displays a count if you have both, but (1) on the lower left, and (1) on the lower right, to show they're different kinds.

Same for Bugman with Kegs, for example could display (2) lower left for 2 Kegs, and (1) lower right for Bugman's Brew.

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2022 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
What is your evaluation of the valuation of weather wizard?
Worth it?

I've only used it once, but it seems like a fair value, especially if you can't/don't want to spend an extra 20K to get one of the other inducements.

It's usage is super situational, but it's 30K for the chance to possibly help yourself for a turn or disrupt an opponent for a turn. The one time I used it, it ended up not being helpful at all, but that was more because no amount of weather was going to change the shellacking I got on the field that game. Razz

Last edited by HouseT on Sep 09, 2022 - 21:38; edited 1 time in total
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2022 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Used once.

Rincewind made rain.

Grass was happy.

Much funsies.

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2022 - 13:09
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Weather mage is an excellent and cheap decoy against idiots like me with a memory of a goldfish.

Please think of a creative way to differentiate it from a normal wizard. I may have to use a post-it note.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2022 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

ramchop wrote:

Please think of a creative way to differentiate it from a normal wizard. I may have to use a post-it note.

In another game I played I thought that my opponent had a normal Wizard, instead he had hired a Weather Mage (I was focussed on marking skills, so I forgot to check by hovering with the mouse pointer and automatically thought of a normal Wizard).
I played my offensive drive super-cautiously due to that, then I realized he was a Weather Mage. Very Happy
It was a "Doh!" moment, but a good tactical training as well.
So, yes, something to differentiate him would be nice.
Even writing the words "Weather Mage" and "Wizard" on the Hat icon could help (without having to hover on it with the mouse pointer, I mean).
That way, even with the icon sharing, the confusion would be prevented.
I know that you can hover with the mouse pointer on the icon and see which kind of Inducement it is, but a coach new to the game could think he's a normal Wizard and don't hover on the icon at all.
Not complaining about the client or developers' work (thanks for it again and forever!), just trying to provide a constructive idea.
I don't know what is technically possible or not, so, please forgive me if my suggestion is not viable.
Foad

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2022 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

The weather result will take effect and last until the end of the opponent's next team turn.

So I used it, turned the rain off. Stole the ball and scored.

The rain came straight back on. Shouldn't my opponent get a turn of sunshine and lollipops after the kickoff?

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2022 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, if you use it on the last turn of the first half, do I read it right that you reap the benefit of it until the end of their first turn of the second half? That's would be super useful.

Not a game breaker, but decent if you have 30-40k in inducements.

Jump to: