28 coaches online • Server time: 10:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2022 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Since I'm not interested in playing vs too low rank coaches I suggest, if possible, to have a tick option like this, to filter the Box draws:

- play only vs Star or higher (or Super Star and Legend, if it's not too restrictive). If it's too specific, it could be something like: "2 brackets lower than mine or higher".

Ideally I'd like to play vs Super Stars and Legends only, but I guess that it's not possible due to small userbase.

I prefer to play fewer games vs quality coaches than more games vs low quality coaches. If that means failing more Box draws, it's fine for me. Few quality games give me more CR than many low quality games.
A game giving me 0 CR is a waste of time and a risk not worth the gain.

Anyway, thanks for attention!

P.S. I wrote this after I had to cancel a game due to a Veteran coach leaving on his turn 16. Low rank coaches don't give CR and, on top of that, tend to be more unreliable than higher rank coaches.
It's not elitism, just, I don't want to waste 1 hour. Simple reason, nothing personal, just CR business.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %29, %2022 - %19:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2022 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

There is this thing called gamefinder, you could try that ?

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2022 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Legends and Super Stars on GF tend to accept/offer games only if they have the advantage (in case you didn't notice).
I'm fine with playing vs Legends, as long as it's a blind match-up decided by the Box scheduler and, if possible, without a big TV gap (but that's a bonus).
If I just could filter my opponents in the Box it would be a great improvement.
The chance of wasting 1 hour would be reduced, that way.
Java

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2022 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

maybe other people don't want to waste an hour, too

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2022 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

And they can play on GF, if they don't want to play vs me. Simple.
Also, in terms of CR, people playing vs me rarely waste 1 hour. They most of times have CR to gain, not to lose (for me it's the other way around).
Java

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2022 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

no matter the CR gain, playing you is still a waste of an hour

let's see how many edits it takes to reply to this one

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2022 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Then I suggest a Box option to filter me if that makes you and other people happy.
Smile
As long as I can find a game vs Star or higher, it's all good.
Java

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2022 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I count 2

there's already an option like that, you could change your nickname to erased000038

that would free you of the burden of being on a website that you despise and slag off constantly, both publicly and in private

one can dream

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2022 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Since I'm not interested in seeing this post, I suggest, if possible, to have a tick option like this, to filter the forum:

- only see posts by people who aren't Dakka. If it's too specific, it could be like, "you can choose people and mute them on forums and never match them in box"

P.S. Dakka rank is not everything. Stop being elitist. I played you a few weeks ago and took cr off you because as soon as I got in that match I knew I was playing my heart out to deny you a win. If you were as nice as Swampserpent is, I'd give you CR for free.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2022 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Simple reason, nothing personal, just CR business.

I guess you could say playing BB is CRisky Business Wink
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2022 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Astrolonim wrote:
Since I'm not interested in seeing this post, I suggest, if possible, to have a tick option like this, to filter the forum:

- only see posts by people who aren't Dakka. If it's too specific, it could be like, "you can choose people and mute them on forums and never match them in box"

Well, you can read who wrote the post. I was the OP in this case.
If you want we can play now, since you look so strong, ok?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2022 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm on GF, just in case. All talk, no action, as usual. Good only as forum troll!
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2022 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you really surprised you dont get offers in gamefinder when you act so lovely ?

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2022 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

No, I'm not. This is why I have been waiting for the Box for 11 months. Sadly, it's not a competitive environment. Too many people are not committed. On top of that, BB2020 rules, and the storm is perfect!
Java is right, although there is no need to erase the account to stop playing.

About elitism: I usually help coaches (no matter their rank) with tips and suggestions (in game and via PM). If I were elitist I would not help them.
I want to play vs Star or higher because, even if I play blind matches in the Box, the CR gain/loss is affected by the anti-picking system which is used for the opponents you can accept/refuse on GF.
Since in the Box I can't pick my opponents, I don't want to be penalized by the anti-picking system like if I voluntarily picked a Veteran on GF.
Therefore I need a Box filter to play vs Star or higher. Apart from the futile CR gain/loss topic, I noticed that low rank coaches are more unreliable (they tend to disconnect/waste time) more likely than better coaches. So, if I reduce the chance of finding low rank coaches I reduce the chance of wasting time as well.
What I say is just a fruit of logical analysis of an issue, but feel free to dismiss me as elitist (insert an insult you fancy).
Java

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2022 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

soooooo close