37 coaches online • Server time: 01:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2022 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

We could have a better designed ruleset for the free game. Smile There is always room for improvements.
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2022 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

this post about vampires ?

I think if you are good coach you do good with vampires.

There has been atleast 2 coaches better than me doing good with em in RRRs and saying thay are good r00ster.

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2022 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Vampires are fine and would be tier 1 if bb was d8 based
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2022 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Storr wrote:
Vampires are fine and would be tier 1 if bb was d8 based

Someone like you could do ok with d6 too I thinks Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2022 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

So animal ... should be 3+.
Medon

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2022 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

How can vampire society survive, if they continuously lash out to each other whenever they move around in their castles? And why, if they cannot punch another person nearby, will they stand still and roar? Do we need to adapt all vampire novels, stories and movies out there to make them consistent with this strange behaviour?
Garion26

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2022 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Vamps won Thrudd last year - you could argue the skill package was too generous to them. But to make that argument it means they aren't as bad as the worst teams in the game.

See here for final standings
https://www.thrudball.com/about/thrudball-2021/final-standings

see halfway mention here
http://www.sann0638.co.uk/thrudball-21-halfway/
and post Thrudd discussion here
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Aj4O8VCFLLtc38eKSkbqBDFpPqrmWnne_CfP50lbH14/edit

They aren't Tier 1 - but they aren't as bad as the worst of stunties IMO

I think once they are up to 1-2 skills per vamp and they become more competitive as they tend to be otherwise reroll intensive.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2022 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

People sometimes think Fumbbl is Bloodbowl and forget about NAF. Which is funny to me Smile
Vamps are weird. They can be deadly though in the hands of a competent coach. Also, I didn't believe it but they are much stronger in the bb2020 ruleset.

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2022 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Ball to the lineman so.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2022 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

1- Never move or activate your vampires if it's not necessary. Never activate a vampire if you cant afford it to lose its tackle zone.
2- Never have too many vampires. If you have six vampires, you will self destruct or lose all your rerolls early. Best is three at the start, optimal is four but only when you have enough rerolls or have some skills on the first three.
3- Never give ball to a thrall you could eat during animal savagery.
4- Never reroll unnecessary things. With vampires expecially, only reroll turnovers, and only the critical ones.
5- In case you really need to move a vampire, remember that the blitz action is 2+ so use that.
6- Give your thralls wrestle or dirtyplayer. But most of all, wrestle.
7- Losing the tackle zone is not that bad. Old vampires had to suck blood from teammates and if they failed to do so, they went off the field AND caused a turnover. Losing a tz for a turn is nothing compared to that.
8- Old vampires had to suck blood at the end of their movement. Which meant that they had to have a thrall already in position if they wanted to blitz someone or even if they wanted to score. New vampires roll at the start of their action, so if they want to blitz something, they can do that by themselves (assuming they don't roll 1). This gives them a freedom they just didn't have in the old rules.
9- Hypnotic Gaze is a unique and extremely good tactical option. Very few people are used to it and it is the best way in the game to open a standard cage.

Vampires are prone to injuries and are a difficult team to master. But they are far from pushovers in the hands of a competent coach. Especially at low/middle tv where bloodbowl is supposed to be played in bb2020.
They are not good. But they were much worse.

Last edited by JanMattys on %b %06, %2022 - %11:%Sep; edited 3 times in total
tussock

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2022 - 04:20 Reply with quote Back to top

4+ for Hypno activation, 2+ to make the Hypno roll itself, but otherwise spot on.

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2022 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Its auto activation 2+ hypno

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2022 - 09:53 Reply with quote Back to top

edit
/stupid post is stupid. Very Happy

Last edited by JanMattys on %b %06, %2022 - %10:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2022 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
tussock wrote:
4+ for Hypno activation, 2+ to make the Hypno roll itself, but otherwise spot on.

Hypno is a special action you can roll instead of a block action, and as such the vampire activation is 2+. Animal Savagery clearly states that block, blitz and special actions are 2+.

As for the difficulty of the Hypno roll itself, it is 2+ but it is influenced by other tackle zones on the vampire, so it depends. It's not always 2+.
But as I said, the Animal Savagery roll for the activation of a Vampire who wants to Hypnogaze someone, is 2+.

Unless I'm mistaken, but I don't think I am.

You are, hypno is 4+ but its still happening every time if you have someone to hit (end its not auto injury, so that other guy can still move)

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2022 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't get it. Care to explain it again?
Isn't Hypnogaze a Special Action? And doesn't Animal Savagery state that Special Actions you can perform instead of a Block activate the vampire on a 2+? why is it 4+, like a movement?

EDIT: oooh I see. I read Hypnogaze and it doesn't state that it's a substitute for a block action. Just that you can do it during your movement, and after you do it the activation ends. So yeah, 4+, you right and I'm wrong. I'm going to edit my previous list.