41 coaches online • Server time: 16:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Cusimano the Gentle Giant used to be a Fan Favourite, a skill no longer part of the rules. What should it be replaced with?
Pick-me-up
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Pump up the Crowd
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
Raiding Party
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Wisdom of the White Dwarf
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Other, pie, halibut, etc. (leave a comment!)
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

Mnemon

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2022 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to test any of those done so far, you can here. -- Click this to create a team.

Please do not preface them with [SL]. Be more creative Smile.
kozak

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2022 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I can do a game if you need.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2022 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Ta - I'd mainly need people to create teams and apply to the league. I errrr ... have 100 teams and am not allowed to create more! I can play test games against myself using other folks team id though.

I am happy to play for real, too, though Smile.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2022 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Pygmy and Skink added.

Removed Strong Arm from the Gnome's cannon. It was too good at ttm right away.

From testing Fyrewyrm don't throw bombs / spit fire much, the just roar. But: if they roar you get a second bombardier try with another Fyrewyrm or a Flamer in the same turn. So ... it might even out fine.
MarckusOfCamlan

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2022 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the work.

However I'd like to complain about something :

Mnemon wrote:

Horrors of Tzeentch --- kick team mate instead of throw team mate on horrors and greater horrors, safe throw replaced with cloudburster on flamers and fyrewyrm (it's fire, you can't intercept it that easily); I am not sure the client gets that interaction between bombs and cloudburster right. Might re-add safe throw later. Can make argument for either. Fyrewyrms have PA4+ even though they are a big guy. That way bombardier is even possible - as they have no hands it`s not a big deal. Might lower it further.

By turning from a "Throw team mates" to a "Kick Team mates, you're killing this rooster that was utterly fun to play and not overwhelmingly dominent. That's the last thing to do. You can tickle around the fireworms and flamers, that's no big deal, but this team NEED the extra moves provided by throw team mate as it is slower than most teams. Kick team mates damage the rooster far too much... and more importantly, remove the fun of a team where you almost used to throw a team mate every turn.

With Kick, it would just get rid of your team mates too quickly. No fun at all.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2022 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love to keep throw team mate, but that means I have to increase their strength to 5.

Sadly throw team mate in the new rules doesn't work for players with strength below that. Same reason I increased the gnome cannon strength. Can't do that with the horros - or the whole team ends up st5.

I am not entirely sure my work around with the gnome cannon is good. If it's not I'll scrap and go the kick team mate only option with that one, too. As with the Horror's the gnomes do need the cannon to get around the pitch, in some form.

It's one for play testing, then tweak.

[If the Horrors leave the pitch too quickly, thick skull might be an option to at least reduce ko's]
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2022 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Mnemon wrote:
I'd love to keep throw team mate, but that means I have to increase their strength to 5.

Would it work in the client?

If so...

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2022 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Just verified. Changed Kick team mate on greater horror back to ttm but left at st3 --> no option to select throw team mate when selecting the player.

Kick team mate works with st3.

Throw team mate and kick both work on st5 cannon.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2022 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I actually would prefer the cannon with kick teammate - that seems to fit the feel of being blasted with gunpowder.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2022 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes - up for debate if they should have both skills, or only one. Always hungry was meant to represent a failed launch in the old rules with ttm.

I just thought it was odd you only ever could fire one cannon - with both skills you can use both. Would be possble to split it up and make two different cannons, one with ttm one with kick team mate.

Gnomes no longer can throw multiple bombs per turn --- so their low speed is even more of an issue.
MarckusOfCamlan

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2022 - 06:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Mnemon wrote:
Just verified. Changed Kick team mate on greater horror back to ttm but left at st3 --> no option to select throw team mate when selecting the player.

OK. Thanks for trying.

Who code for the java code? Hard coding the strength limit was a strange move.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2022 - 06:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Its not a strange move - its literally written in the skill. So in this case, its GW who made the decision, even if it seems bizarre.
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2022 - 08:40 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be cool to have the option to override it.

Maybe bit of an edge case though.

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2022 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it needs to be hardcoded for the official rules. You might have a big guy that was injured with -st; per official rules it loses it's ability to ttm. So the client has to do a strength check before allowing you to use ttm.
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2022 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Mnemon wrote:
I think it needs to be hardcoded for the official rules. You might have a big guy that was injured with -st; per official rules it loses it's ability to ttm. So the client has to do a strength check before allowing you to use ttm.

The option would be to disable that check.

Or, if we're being greedy, to set the number to something other that 5.

Yeah, I know the team is busy. Jus' saying'. Mr. Green

Jump to: