27 coaches online • Server time: 02:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
razmus

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2022 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I am looking at adding support in ELF2 for Secret League 2020. The first thing I need to do is categorization. So... starting with

'What are the elf teams?'
Right now, I have: Dark Elf, Elf Union, High Elf, Wood Elf, Avelorn, Black Ark, Half-Elf, Isha, Khainite Assassins, Kurnous, Sea Elf, Witch Elf

Should any come out? Is there an elf team roster I missed?

I was split on Half-Elf... does anyone have strong feelings if they're included?

'What are the stunty teams?'
Clan Moulder, Dust Goblin, Forest Halflings, Giant, Gnoblar, Gnome, Goblin, Halfling, Minotaur, Nautican, Night Goblin, Ninja Flings, Ogre, Ogre Kingdom, Skink, Snotling, Squig, Treemen, Troll

Again... did I miss any? Any which shouldn't be in there?

(I almost included Lumbria for this purpose... but that from a strong negative connection I have with the roster. Being impartial, I figure they're most similar to Black Orc/Lizards or especially Underworld... which aren't considered stunty unless you specifically play them that way... so not including them here.)

The game categories.
These I made a WAG... some rosters could get tossed into a couple different categories:
A (Plug and Play): Chaos Dwarf, Dwarf, Orc, Black Dwarf, Engineers, Fimir, Hobgoblin Slavers, Ironbreaker, Savage Orc, Slayer

B (Better with Age): Chaos Chosen, Chaos Renegade, Khorne, Nurgle, Beastman, Centigor, Daemons of Khorne, Daemons of Malal, Daemons of Nurgle, Daemons of Slaanesh, Daemons of Tzeentch, Khorne (sl), Hung, Kurgan, Snakemen, Sons of Stromfels, Tzeentch, Zoat

C (Bones and Moans): Necromantic Horror, Shambling Undead, Tomb King, Vampire, Blood Dragon, Ethereal, Flesh Golem, Ka-Sabar, Lahmian, Lybaras, Mahrak, Necrarch, Numas, Rasetra, Strigoi, Sylvania Pact, Undead Pirates, Von Carstein, Zandri

D (Agile): Dark Elf, Elf Union, High Elf, Skaven, Wood Elf, Avelorn, Black Ark, Clan Eshin, Four Nations, Half-Elf, Isha, Khainite Assassins, Kurnous, Nippon, Sea Elf, Slaanesh, Slann, Witch Elf,

E (Humans and Stunties): Clan Moulder, Dust Goblin, Forest Goblin, Forest Halflings, Giant, Gnoblar, Gnome, Goblin, Halfling, Minotaur, Nautican, Night Goblin, Ninja Flings, Ogre, Ogre Kingdom, Skink, Snotling, Squig, Treemen, Troll, Amazon, Black Orc, Humans, Imperial Nobility, Lizardmen, Norse, Old World Alliance, Underworld Denizens, Albion, Araby, Big 'Uns, Border Princes, Bretonnian, Clan Pestilens, Cathay, Clan Mors, Clan Skryre, Cult of Ulric, Dryad, Elemental - Air, Elemental - Earth, Elemental - Fire, Elemental - Water, Estalia, Half-Orc, Hobgoblin, Kingdom of Ind, Kislev, Lumbria, Myrmidia, Norse Dwarf, Northern Nippon, Pirates of Sartosa, Simyin, Sisters of Sigmar, Tilea, Valkyrie, Were, Witch Hunter

Thoughts? On the assumption that I'm not moving the standard rosters between categories or many any new categories...

Last edited by razmus on Nov 02, 2022 - 20:11; edited 1 time in total
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2022 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Forest Goblins are the ones that stand out for me. 2 spiders, a big guy and 4 Savage Orcs means you are only fielding 4 Stunties and 1 negatrait
razmus

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2022 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Makes sense to me. Forest Goblins pulled from the Stunty list. Thank you.

Mnemon

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2022 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I am not so sure. It's not that different from the other big guy + stunty teams.

Forest Goblins have seven non-stunties and 4 stunties compared to six big guys and five stunties.
razmus

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2022 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Good point, but I think the big difference is the Ogre team has six big guys, all with negatraits.
The Forest Goblins are much closer to Albion or Lumbria than Ogre. Smile

And when I looked, Forest Goblins weren't eligible for the Secret Stunty Cup too.

razmus

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2022 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Aaannd... actual changes to code were easy.
E.L.F. II now supports the Secret League 2020 open environment as well as [C]ompetitive.

The Dalfort Dash just became a lot more difficult. Wink (That challenge will probably only apply in the [C]ompetitive environment...)

Jump to: