44 coaches online • Server time: 17:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kinks

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2022 - 02:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I couple of times (i.e. twice today, different people and leagues) I've heard people ask for a draw option if a match isn't played for whatever reason. Currently you can only award a win one way or the other.

I'm assuming other people would also like a tie option or perhaps just a "skip this match" option?

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2022 - 04:28 Reply with quote Back to top

You can edit scores for teams after the forfeit and give 'em both some, or both none. It's scores sort the league results tables.

For knockouts there must be a winner, so that just carries over to the interface for round robins.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2022 - 08:51 Reply with quote Back to top

But suppose we have a script running that calculates scores....

Yeah a forfeit as a draw option would be nice.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2022 - 09:44 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
You can edit scores for teams after the forfeit and give 'em both some, or both none. It's scores sort the league results tables.

Which mostly works, but be careful on last matchdays. If all games have been played you can't edit anymore.

And Forfeits in Swiss format seem to be cause issues for late matchdays (teams that already faced each other get scheduled).

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2022 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Its been raised a few times and I understand it's on the list of things that are being looked at.

From a league commissioner perspective it would a useful tool to have. But a game not being played is usually more on one person than another! So it is also nice that the person that has tried harder doesn't feel under pressure to have to accept a draw.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2022 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

If this is actually being addressed, a nice feature to build in at the same time would be a mutual loss option.