46 coaches online • Server time: 12:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Joost

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2022 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

that looks a lot better
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2022 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

It's clearer, yea, and probably better

It means:
-Overdog spending gives petty cash to underdog, so overdog needs to be a bit wary of that

-Underdog can now never spend from treasury, which hurts stunties... particularly those without Low Cost Linemen (flings and gobs)

-When teams are equal size, no one can spend and there'll be no inducements

-We'll see a lot less of Bomber. If overdog buys him, underdog will also probably buy him, if they can = cancel out. Or it gives away a Keg or something if they can't buy him
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2022 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

They took almost 3 years to realize that Inducement overdogging is broken, well, better late than never.
I suspect that teams are going to be more minmaxed, now that the Inducement phase has been changed.
Playing with 2 trrs + Leader is not that good if your opponent can overdog without increasing your Petty Cash.
Garion26

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2022 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Matt I don't understand your last sentence.
The rules change specifically says if the overdog spends treasury the underdog gets more Petty Cash. The underdog can't scum extra inducements.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2022 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

My last sentence refers to the Inducement system pre-FAQ.
With FAQ Inducement system, the lower your TV is, the less likely is facing Inducements.

Currently I play DE with 3 rrs + Leader because I know I'm going to face almost every game Bomber and I need 4 rrs to deal with bomb disruption.
With new system I could consider dropping 1 rr to reduce the chance of facing him (or at least get a free keg).

For example, today I faced with my 1410 DE (3 rrs + Leader) a 1360 Black Orc team. The Black Orc team induced Bomber and a bribe. With just 2 rrs + Leader my TV would have been 1360, so, I would have not faced Bomber at all, with new Inducement system (because same TV = nobody gets Inducements).
Instead, if I had 2 rrs + Leader with old Inducement system, my opponent would have still induced Bomber and a bribe, and I would have just got silly Prayers in return.
This is why I think that minmax will be more common in the future.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2022 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

The changes don’t have any impact on the chances of you facing a team 50k smaller than you, in the Scheduler though
So it doesn’t matter how many RR you have
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2022 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Or if you face team that is 10k bigger

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2022 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
The changes don’t have any impact on the chances of you facing a team 50k smaller than you, in the Scheduler though
So it doesn’t matter how many RR you have

True, but if I face a 50k smaller team then I should have the advantage.
With old Inducement system I could face a lower TV team than mine hiring Bomber and Wizard, or even just Bomber.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2022 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Yea, if its 1410 vs 1360 then now they'll only get Bomber
Whereas previously, they could get Bomber and spend treasury to get a bribe as well.. and you'd just have got a Prayer...

I don't think the TV level you're playing at matters, it's TV-matching after all
But, being efficient with your TV is definitely important
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2022 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

The fact is that currently (with pre-FAQ Inducement system we are still using) TV-matching often is not TV-matching, because overdogging is very common (and the reason I created this thread).
If I play TVMM I want close TVs.
I'm fine with TV gaps in case of Major games, league games etc. but in TVMM I don't like them.

By the way, I was thinking: would it have not been better to let only the underdog buy Inducement to bridge the TV gap?
Same TV teams not being able to buy Inducements can make sense, but I don't get why the overdog can buy Inducements, while the underdog can't.
Ok, the underdog gets the TV difference if the overdog buys Inducements, but in my opinion and from my particular perspective it would have been better allowing Inducements for underdog only.
The overdog should not be able to buy Inducements.
The FAQ Inducement change is a progress, but it could have been better.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2022 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you mean you’d prefer no spending from treasury? For either team?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2022 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd prefer either no spending from either team's Treasury or only the underdog allowed to spend from Treasury.
Generally speaking, unless terribly bloated by bad building, the overdog team has the advantage, because many skills and stats are better than Inducements (there is a hidden synergy value between some skills and +MA stat is underpriced).
So, there is no need to help further the overdog team by allowing it to spend gold from Treasury.
I know, some Inducements are very cheap and good for their price, but not all the Inducements.

For example, Elves don't have good and cheap Star Players.
If I play as Elves vs an overdog team buying Bomber I can get a keg or 2, but still that doesn't balance the TV gap created by Bomber, because he's too good for the price.
Ok, I get the Petty Cash if the overdog buys Inducements and increases the TV gap, but what if I don't have anything good enough to spend that Petty Cash on?
In case of a Wizard bought by the overdog, since he's an universally available Inducement, the Petty Cash can be spent by the underdog buying a Wizard as well, who has the same potential as the overdog's Wizard, but when Bomber is bought, since he's not available to every race, an unbalance could be created.
 Jump to: