54 coaches online • Server time: 20:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post War Drums?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Question: Do you think that having access to only 2 monkey warriors is too few of them?
2 is enough
40%
 40%  [ 9 ]
4 was better
36%
 36%  [ 8 ]
3 the middle way
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
an Artificer, what the hell ? Remove that !
22%
 22%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 22

Vicen

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2023 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
I am aware of the money warrior lore, and I also agree it loses some flavour, however all SL teams stick as sticly to the lore as possible first and foremost. And the monkey warriors from the mountains of heaven no are no longer central to their lore.

I found where I had seen the mention of the Monkey King in Total W' Warhammer 3.

Multiplayer campaign: Darkness & Disharmony

Last edited by Vicen on %b %07, %2023 - %14:%Jan; edited 2 times in total
Vicen

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2023 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Regarding a bombardier I did consider this when creating the roster in 2015, same for Ind, because both regions had lore around gunpowder creation and trade, and also cathay had a model for a mortar launcher. However I decided to keep this as a star player only but have not got round to Secret League star players yet. Though I have lots of ideas for many teams, and CIBBL (a league that use Secret League teams) have also created a large number of custom stars that are great.

Secret weapon update: Artificer remplaced by Artillerywoman

Low price to balance the secret weapon attribute.
- clouds burster
- cannoneer
- monstruous mouth (wide barrel muzzle)
- projectil vomit
- safe pass

Update: V2
Montruous Mouth replace Hail Mairy Pass.
This allows the ball carrier to transmit the bullet directly into the cannon.

Update: V3
Safe Pass replace Pass
The weapon can jam on a fumble, but the ball bullet still in the cannon.

Update: V4
add Projectil Vomit

Last edited by Vicen on %b %08, %2023 - %02:%Jan; edited 4 times in total
Diablange

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2023 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Vincen,

I could reply in french, being french myself, but I'll be respectful of other readers and stick to english Wink Feel free to contact me by pm if any of my message under this is some sort of interest Wink

I've reasearched quite a lot on Cathay myself and just love the lore. I find some aspects in the Secret League roster too far from it (sorry Garion ^^) and in my next season of MBBL I'll have a Cathay roster getting a little bit more closer to the Cathay Imperial Army (according to me, don't pretend to have universal knowledge either : no monkeys, better but fewer monks, shadowblades and clay warriors) while changing the negatrait for the statue (statue can't hit you nor prevent you from moving, right ? so closer is bonehead or really stupid, while not perfect better than take root). Technically some characters, such as dragon monk would be overpowered if adapted with more accuracy, the guys are beasts... but I hope the spirit is there. Smile

In my other league with even more exotic rosters I invented (and not necessary in the Warhammer lore, wasn't the point), I also have another Cathay roster (too strong, should be nerfed) and a "Cathay Mountain" roster, with followers of the monkey king.

Can give you the links / ref if you're interested Smile
Vicen

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2023 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Diablange wrote:
Hi Vincen,

[...]

I've reasearched quite a lot on Cathay myself and just love the lore. I find some aspects in the Secret League roster too far from it (sorry Garion ^^) and in my next season of MBBL I'll have a Cathay roster getting a little bit more closer to the Cathay Imperial Army (according to me, don't pretend to have universal knowledge either : no monkeys, better but fewer monks, shadowblades and clay warriors) while changing the negatrait for the statue (statue can't hit you nor prevent you from moving, right ? so closer is bonehead or really stupid, while not perfect better than take root). Technically some characters, such as dragon monk would be overpowered if adapted with more accuracy, the guys are beasts... but I hope the spirit is there. Smile

"Bonjour" Diableange,

Regarding your idea of a different malus trait for the statue, what do you think of...
"Automaton": acts normally during the team's turn, but loses its tackle zone during the opponent's turn.
(Although the statue is not really mechanical, but this is to reflect the fact that it freezes)

Diablange wrote:

In my other league with even more exotic rosters I invented (and not necessary in the Warhammer lore, wasn't the point), I also have another Cathay roster (too strong, should be nerfed) and a "Cathay Mountain" roster, with followers of the monkey king.

I was not aware of the fact that you can implement yourself home-made teams to your own league. I thought it was reserved for FUMBBL officials.

Concerning the link, why not, it will perhaps be the occasion to make me the hand... (before jumping into the deep end)
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2023 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Diablange wrote:
Hi Vincen,

I could reply in french, being french myself, but I'll be respectful of other readers and stick to english Wink Feel free to contact me by pm if any of my message under this is some sort of interest Wink

the roster has changed since new lore was added. It doesn't have monkey warriors in etc...

This is the newer version: https://fumbbl.com/help:CathayT2020

which is much closer to the new fluff that was created a couple of years ago.

EDIT: Note I have not updated the rationale and background on the team pages yet.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2023 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

@Garion & @Diablange:

How about proposing a mixed team nammed: Confederation of the Rise ?
(with some animosity and/or loner, like Old World Alliance)

___

By the way: I would like to integrate a table directly to a message but obviously the source codes I use do not work here.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2023 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Vicen wrote:

By the way: I would like to integrate a table directly to a message but obviously the source codes I use do not work here.

the URL has to come from an https:

http: does not work. in other words the source must be secrure

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2023 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I misspoke: what I can't do is to create an ordered text message with columns (to present the positionals, their cost, movement, strength etc...) with squares to complete. (without url, only with text)

As on the rosters presentation page. https://fumbbl.com/help:CathayT2020

I have to make my board somewhere else and capture the image, to upload it. But an image is not easily editable. And you can't highlight the text to copy and paste it.

Elsewhere I just use this code, and the columns take shape:

|QTY |Position |Cost |MA |ST |AG |PA |AV |Skills |Primary|Secondary|
|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
|0/16 |Lineman |50,000 |6 |3 |3+ |4+ |9+ ||G|AS|
|0/2 |Monkey Warrior |80,000 |7 |3 |3+ |3+ |8+ |Prehensile Tail, Extra Arms |GA|PS|
|0/4 |Celestial Dragon Guard |90,000 |6 |3 |3+ |4+ |9+ |Thick Skull, Fend, Side Step |GAS|P|
|0/1|Artificer |70,000|6|3|3+|3+|8+| Secret Weapon, Bombardier, Cloud Burster |GP|AS|
|0/1 |Foo Statue |130,000 |3 |5 |5+ |- |11+ | Loner(4+), Take Root, Mighty Blow(+1), Stand Firm, Iron Hard Skin, Thick Skull, Sure Feet |S|AG|

Do you know if there is a textual code that works on this forum ?

Last edited by Vicen on %b %08, %2023 - %02:%Jan; edited 8 times in total
Diablange

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2023 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Vicen wrote:

"Automaton": acts normally during the team's turn, but loses its tackle zone during the opponent's turn.
(Although the statue is not really mechanical, but this is to reflect the fact that it freezes)

Well, that would be an interesting new negatrait Smile In my Fumbbl leagues I will use the available skills and traits and even if bonehead is not satisfying, it looks closer to what a statue would look like than the other negatraits. Smile

Vicen wrote:
I was not aware of the fact that you can implement yourself home-made teams to your own league. I thought it was reserved for FUMBBL officials.

Concerning the link, why not, it will perhaps be the occasion to make me the hand... (before jumping into the deep end)

If you have time (a lot is needed), ideas and energy, you can run more or less custom leagues. Mine are entirely custom, including now in MBBL logos, icons, stars, etc. (an important amount of stars is either copied or strongly inspired from stars from CIBBL with their authorization).

Here are my leagues :
- MBBL group page, MBBL rosters page (will be updated very soon, before season 5 starts in 1 month), MBBL star list
- The laboratory (currently sleeping)
Vicen

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2023 - 04:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Diablange.
Vicen

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2023 - 04:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Eastern Disharmony

|QTY |Position |Cost |MA |ST |AG |PA |AV |Skills |Primary|Secondary|
|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
|0/16 |Rebel Lineman |50,000 |6 |3 |3+ |4+ |9+ |Animosity (all) |G|ASM|
|0/2 |Monkey Warrior |80,000 |7 |3 |3+ |3+ |8+ |Prehensile Tail, Extra Arms, Loner (3+) |GA|PSM|
|0/2 |Amored Ape |100,000 |6 |4 |4+ |4+ |9+ |Big Hand, Extra Arms, Loner (3+) |GS|AM|
|0/2 |Fallen Guard|90,000 |6 |3 |3+ |4+ |9+ |Animosity (all), Defensive, Side Step, Stab |GAS|M|
|0/2 |Gunner |70,000|6|3|3+|3+|8+| Secret Weapon, Cannoneer, Monstruous Mouth, Projectile Vomit, Hail Mary Pass, Pass |GP|ASM|
|0/1 |The Changling |130,000 |* |* |* |* |* |Pro, *Changeling |SM|GAP|[/img]

*Changeling will either be a Troll, Ogre or Minotaur, before the game starts roll 1D6 on a 1 or 2 it is a Troll, on a 3-4 it will be an Ogre and on a 5-6 it will be a Minotaur. Skills and Stats will change to reflect this.

(EDIT: gunner and armored ape correction made)

Last edited by Vicen on %b %09, %2023 - %18:%Jan; edited 7 times in total
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2023 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

That Gunner looks amazing value for 60k. 75% chance of hitting it's target 9 squares away.
Monsterous Mouth and Ag3+ mean it should be fairly easy to hand off to for a score.
P access to add Accurate and it's devastating.

The Ape starting with 2+ pickup in a tacklezone. Then it's a ST4 Mv6 ball carrier.
Vicen

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2023 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

@C0ddlefish: Concerning The Ape, I forget to reduce is agility to one point (compared to the star player). It is corrected. Still a good ball carrer.

I'm still hesitant with the gunner's balance. I need help.

Do you think that the negative trait secret weapon is a sufficient handicap? Or do you think that the cost of the gunner should be slightly increased?
Another idea would be to put safe pass instead of pass. Or keep the skills as it is, but take away one point of armor.
What do you think is the right way to go?

In any case you have identified the idea of the procedure imagined:
to use a ball collector before loading the gunner's weapon with a transmission (hand-off action)
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2023 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Total nonsense I wrote thinking the thrower also had bombardier Embarassed

Last edited by C0ddlefish on %b %08, %2023 - %12:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Vicen

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2023 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

No bomb.
Projectile Vomit is the Troll skill (stab but with a chance to fumble).
Cannoneer reduce the malus of more distant pass.

(Note: it was the artificer proposed for Cathay who was a bomber)

@C0ddlefish: However thank you for your help in advising me to make the comparison with a star player to evaluate the price.

The gunner gets closer to Barik Farblast. This one costs 80k with:
- sure hands (instead of monstruous mouth)
- and Thick Skull (instead of Projectile Vomit)

So, I'm thinking of nerfing the armor gunner slightly to get closer to a less expensive price.

|0/2 |Gunner |70,000|6|3|3+|3+|8+| Secret Weapon, Cannoneer, Monstruous Mouth, Projectile Vomit, Hail Mary Pass, Pass |GP|ASM|

Last edited by Vicen on %b %08, %2023 - %13:%Jan; edited 12 times in total
 Jump to: