28 coaches online • Server time: 11:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Question: Do you think that having access to only 2 monkey warriors is too few of them?
2 is enough
40%
 40%  [ 9 ]
4 was better
36%
 36%  [ 8 ]
3 the middle way
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
an Artificer, what the hell ? Remove that !
22%
 22%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 22

C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2023 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol, sorry I had it down as a bombardier. Must read properly sorry!

Think I'll delete that last post 😅

Most throwers come in at about 75k with pass plus a skill. Your guy is adding 2 or 3 more quite niche skills but also Secret Weapon. Somewhere between 60 and 70k doenst seem madness.

I'd compare to the Renegades or Imps thrower to start with
Vicen

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2023 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you anyway, because your advice to look at the star player was still a good hunch. Since the Gunner was very similar to the dwarf Barik Farblast.

Last edited by Vicen on Jan 08, 2023 - 13:34; edited 2 times in total
Vicen

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2023 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Eastern Disharmony

Text format:
|QTY |Position |Cost |MA |ST |AG |PA |AV |Skills |Primary|Secondary|
|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
|0/16 |Rebel Lineman |50,000 |6 |3 |3+ |4+ |9+ |Animosity (all) |G |ASM|
|0/2 |Monkey Warrior |80,000 |7 |3 |3+ |3+ |8+ |Prehensile Tail, Extra Arms, Loner (3+) |GA |PSM|
|0/2 |Amored Ape |100,000 |6 |4 |4+ |4+ |9+ |Big Hand, Extra Arms, Loner (3+) |GS |AM|
|0/2 |Drunken Monk |80,000 |6 |3 |3+ |5+ |8+ |Drunkard, Fend, Side Step, Thick Skull|GAS |M|
|0/1 |Fallen Guard |90,000 |6 |3 |3+ |4+ |9+ |Animosity (all), Defensive, Side Step, Stab|GAS |PM|
|0/2 |Gunner |70,000|6|3|3+|3+|8+| Secret Weapon, Cannoneer, Monstruous Mouth, Projectile Vomit, Hail Mary Pass, Pass |GP |ASM|
|0/1 |The Changling |130,000 |* |* |* |* |* |Pro, *Changeling |SM |GAP|

*Changeling will either be a Troll, Ogre or Minotaur, before the game starts roll 1D6 on a 1 or 2 it is a Troll, on a 3-4 it will be an Ogre and on a 5-6 it will be a Minotaur. Skills and Stats will change to reflect this.

Star players: Favored of Tzeentch, Extreme Levant League

Dragonfire Arsenal: 160k (Extreme Levant)
|MA 2 |ST 4 |AG 5+ |PA 4+ |AV 10+|
Bombardier, Cannoneer, Guard, Hail Mary Pass, Iron Hard Skin, Kick, Nerves of Steel, Secret Weapon
Special skill "Fire Team-mate": once per match may throw a teammate (right stuff) at a Long Bomb distance with a malus reduced to -2 (instead of -3). In the event of a Misfire, the Featherweight must roll for Injury (Stunned and Ko treated as Badly Hurt)

Duin Firewall: 230k (Fovored of... or Underworld Challenge)
|MA 4 |ST 6 |AG 4+ |PA 4+ |AV 11+|
Bombardier, Break Tackle, Dirty Player (+2), Juggernaut, Loner (5+), Mighty Blow (+1), Monstrous Mouth, Running Pass, Secret Weapon, Stand Firm
Special skill: once per match, can perform a bomb throw and a blitz during the same turn.

Grukk man-eater: 195k (any team)
|MA 6 |ST 5 |AG 4+ |PA 4+ |AV 10+|
Always Hungry, Bone-head, Disturbing Presence, Loner (3+), Mighty Blow (+1), Monstrous Mouth, Nerves of Steel, Thick Skull, Throw Team-Mate, Very Long Legs

Special skill "Throw Man Chew": once per match may throw a teammate with ST3 or less (who is not right stuff), after doing the "Always Hungry" test.

Leoo the Foo: 230k (extreme levant)
MA 6 / ST 5 / AG 4+ / PA - / AR 10+
Break Tackle, Loner (4+), Mighty Blow (+1), Monstrous Mouth, Sprint, Sure Feet, Thick Skull

Design: instead of being a foo statue, it is a living lion dog.
Special skill "Relentless Bite": once per match, may do a foul action with a bonus of +2, the arbitrator is too terrified by the scene to sanction it.

Ming Fan: 280k (extreme levant or sylvanian spotlight)
MA 6 / ST 4 / AG 2+ / PA 2+ / AR 9+
Block, Grab, Loner (4+), Nerves of Steel, Pro, Regeneration, Side Step
Special skill "Dragon-Blooded": once per match, may cast the spell fireball.

Mooncheeky: 180k (extreme levant or favored of tzeentch)
MA 7 / ST 3 / AG 3+ / PA 3+ / AR 8+
Prehensile Tail, Extra Arm, Loner (4+), Arm Bar, Diving Tackle, Jump Up, Wrestle

Design: a dummy monkey with a dull coat, whose caudal appendage is not quite natural.
Special skill "Adept of Change": at the second half, this star player gain a random mutation.

The Impostor: 140k (favored of Tzeentch)
|MA * |ST * |AG * |PA * |AV *|
Pro, *Changeling

"Changeling": Changeling will either be a Troll, Ogre or Minotaur, before the game starts roll 1D6 on a 1 or 2 it is a Troll, on a 3-4 it will be an Ogre and on a 5-6 it will be a Minotaur. Skills and Stats will change to reflect this.
Star player Skill "Metamorphosis process": Additionaly, at the beginning of the second half, roll the dice again to determine the shape of the changeling. Gain Extra arms and Two Head.

Zhu Xianyu: 160k (extreme levant or lustrie superleague)
MA 6 / ST 3 / AG 3+ / PA 2+ / AR 8+
Cannoneer, Cloud Burster, Loner (3+), Dodge, On The Ball, Pass, Safe Pass

Design: a celestial thrower woman with a mini ghostly dragon snaking and flying slightly around her (a bit inspired by python warrior thrower)
Special skill "Alchemist": at the second half, you may chose to give her this couple of skill: secret weapon* and bombardier

Last edited by Vicen on Feb 03, 2023 - 21:10; edited 29 times in total
Cicuit

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2023 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't see the roster image on the last update, but I have to bring attention to the Fallen Guard.

Since Guard is one of the most powerful skills in the game, having it at the very beginning is a massive deal.

I remember there being a suggested Imperial roster with 4 Guard pieces, right before the 2020 official launch. Playing against this team was a huge pain in the a$$. Even 1 Guard changes the game significantly, so having it from the start feels very powerful.
Vicen

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2023 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

correction of a typo :
Fallen Guard (PA 3+ → PA 4+)

Cicuit wrote:
I can't see the roster image on the last update

I was changing the image for the correction

I put back in text format the time to evaluate the changes for the Fallen Guard.

Last edited by Vicen on Jan 08, 2023 - 16:47; edited 2 times in total
Vicen

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2023 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Cicuit wrote:
I have to bring attention to the Fallen Guard.

Since Guard is one of the most powerful skills in the game, having it at the very beginning is a massive deal.

I remember there being a suggested Imperial roster with 4 Guard pieces, right before the 2020 official launch. Playing against this team was a huge pain in the a$$. Even 1 Guard changes the game significantly, so having it from the start feels very powerful.

On top of that I combined it with side step which makes it really very very strong ^^'
So maybe make them very expensive (like if guard was a strength point)

Thank you for pointing this out.

Update Fallen Guard cost: 90k → 110k
(If you think the better way is to change the skill, notice me)

Is it better to put the parade back? (and in this case back to 90K)
Cicuit

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2023 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Even with the increased price it is more than possible to assemble a viable roster. Once again, Guard on a rookie team seems so influential that even if you give the player poor stats/high cost, it would still be the key piece.
I understand that this is a house rule team, but just looking at it from competitive POV lvl1 guard kinda overshadows everything else
Vicen

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2023 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, I'll think about what to replace it...

Fend don't match with stab
Multiple blocking is a combo with stab but need to wait a LVL up.

Maybe Thick Skull while waiting to think about it.
Cicuit

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2023 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps I could recommend Defensive. It is essentially Guard, but only working during opponent's turn. So you don't get any bonuses when you hit opponent, only when opponent hits you.
Amazon Blockers have this skill, for example.
0-2 Jaguar Warrior Blockers 110k 6 4 3+ 5+ 9+ Defensive, Dodge GS A
Vicen

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2023 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Defensive is a pretty good idea.

|QTY |Position |Cost |MA |ST |AG |PA |AV |Skills
|0/2 |Fallen Cellestial Guard |90,000 |6 |3 |3+ |4+ |9+ |Animosity (all), Defensive, Side Step, Stab |GAS| |PM|

In parallel I thought of this:
|QTY |Position |Cost |MA |ST |AG |PA |AV |Skills |Primary|Secondary|
|0/2 |Drunken Monk |75,000 |6 |3 |3+ |5+ |8+ |Drunkard, Side Step, Fend, Thick Skull |GAS |M|

Last edited by Vicen on Jan 08, 2023 - 18:30; edited 2 times in total
Cicuit

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2023 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the Drunken Monk idea, reminds me of Wraith in necro team, so I think it's well balanced
I think 0/2 drunken monks and 0/1 fallen guard looks good
Vicen

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2023 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, you get me out of an endless loop.

hesitating between:
0/1 both ... 0/2 both ... 0/1 and 0/2 ... 0/2 and 0/1
by changing my mind every quarter of a second ^^'
Cicuit

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2023 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Vicen,
No worries Very Happy
I would probably adjust Monks price to 85k, as 75k seems a bit too cheap with drunken as its only negatrait.

I considered a possible 1000k roster:
2 Monkey Warriors 80x2=160
1 armored ape 100
1 gunner 70
2 drunken monks 85*2=170
1 fallen celestial guard 90
4 linemen 50*4=200
If I am correct, with a sacrifice of one armored ape we got 210k left, which is enough for 3 rerolls
Vicen

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2023 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Cicuit wrote:

I would probably adjust Monks price to 85k, as 75k seems a bit too cheap with drunken as its only negatrait.

If the same unit with PA 4+ and AV 9+ cost 90k (in Cathay BB2020 secret league roster)
How a drunken Monk with only PA 5+ and AV 8+ may be cost 85k ?

Base is 6 3 3+ 4+ 9+ 50k
Druken the nagative trait imposed (because the team)

2 meh skill 2* +10k (like random)
1 god skill +20k (like chosen)
So 50k + 40k= 90k
PA 5+ -5k and AV 8+ -10k
90k - 15k = 75k

What I miss ?

Last edited by Vicen on Jan 08, 2023 - 23:33; edited 4 times in total
Cicuit

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2023 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

If you, for example, consider Fend a "good" skill, than it would become 85k. Fend+SS is a solid combination, especially with AV 8+.
It doesn't always have to be by the book, but I don't insist.
 Jump to: