36 coaches online • Server time: 00:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Koocy

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2022 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, fellow coaches

I got into Blood Bowl a few months ago but I'm still fairly inexperienced (as you can tell by my stats here) because I don't get to play nearly as much as I'd like.
So to make up for that I started playing around with creating custom team rosters, one of which I would like to put forth here for some feedback (or roasting) from more experienced players.

It's a Squig team (coz Squigs rool) seeing them a bit like rabid dogs playing catch and in the meantime running rampant on the pitch and mauling opponents and team mates alike. I'm not sure how well that fits official lore but I honestly don't care too much about that, I mostly want a fun to play team involving Squigs.

I'm aware of the Secret League Squig teams but I wanted them to be able to handle the ball and also I want to run the team in our table top Sevens league so I didn't want to have to buy 5 different GW kits to build the team.

So much for the background, here is the roster list in its current state:

Please let me know if you see anything that could be improved or seems completely broken.

I already had one test game with them in Sevens against a Human team ending in a 0-0 with no casualties caused on either side. But we were both quite new to the game so I would assume it's not necessarily representative.

Cheers
sebco

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2022 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally can't see your roster list picture.

Cheers.

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2022 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

sebco wrote:
I personally can't see your roster list picture.

Cheers.

Bummer. Thanks for letting me know. The roster is

0-1 | Big'Un Overseer | 140,000 | 5 5 5+ - 10+ | Mighty Blow (+1), Thick Skull | S | AGP

0-2 | Squig Herder | 70,000 | 6 2 3+ 2+ 8+ | Dodge, Pass, Pick-me-up, Stunty, Thick Skull | AP | GS

0-4 | Goblin Bruiser | 45,000 | 6 2 3+ 4+ 8+ | Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty, Thick Skull | A | GPS

0-12 | Trained Squig | 60,000 | 8 3 3+ - 9+ | Animal Savagery, Monstrous Mouth, Very Long Legs | AS | GM

ReRolls 60,000, Apo Yes
Special Rules: Badlands Brawl, Bribery and Corruption
sebco

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2022 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I now can see your roster list picture, I suppose you changed something.

At first glance, I would say that move 8 is too much for Trained Squigs, even if they have Animal Savagery negatrait.

Ah, and did you look at Secret League squigg roster to compare ?

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2022 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, this already exists on FUMBBL

https://fumbbl.com/help:SquigT2020
Koocy

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2022 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

sebco wrote:
I now can see your roster list picture, I suppose you changed something.

At first glance, I would say that move 8 is too much for Trained Squigs, even if they have Animal Savagery negatrait.

Ah, and did you look at Secret League squigg roster to compare ?

I did use it for reference, yes. But the Secret League Squigs seem to be built more around strength with No Hands (wich might be more lore-accurate, I don't know) and I wanted them to be more agile and mobile and able to handle the ball. Like I sad, I picture them a bit like rabid dogs playing catch.

I suppose I could bring the MA down to 7. I wasn't sure how much of a handicap Animal Savagery would be so may have overcompensated there.
Koocy

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2022 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

CrookfangRob wrote:

Yes, I know. Hence
Quote:
I'm aware of the Secret League Squig teams but I wanted them to be able to handle the ball and also I want to run the team in our table top Sevens league so I didn't want to have to buy 5 different GW kits to build the team.
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2022 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Big 'Un looks much too cheap... Effectively it's a Ogre without a negatrait or Loner.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2022 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd make the big 'un ST 4. That makes him MB and thick skull, but only AG 5+. Call it 115k.
Squigs make more sense MA7 to me. I'd also give them claws, monstrous mouth, dauntless, animal savagery, very long legs, leap, and I'd also give them jump up. 70k.

I'd also drop both goblin positions to AG4+, to encourage using the squigs as ballhandlers. In return they both drop 5k in price. Note they should drop 10k, but instead, the squigs are cheaper than they should be, again to encourage using them for everything.

Also some changes to access

Final roster:

0-12 Trained Squig
7 3 3 5+ 9+ animal savagery, dauntless, claws, monstrous mouth, jump up, leap, very long legs
70,000 AS | GP

0-4 Goblin bruiseda
6 2 4+ 4+ 8+ dodge stunty right stuff thick skull
40,000 A | GS

0-2 Squig herder
6 2 4+ 3+ 8+ dodge stunty right stuff thick skull pass
60,000 AP | GS

0-2 Big 'un overseer
5 4 5+ - 10+ mighty blow thick skull
115,000 GS | A

Edit: and the big guy of the team
0-1 Untrainable Squig
5 4 2+ 10+ animal savagery really stupid no hands loner (4+) dauntless claws mighty blow frenzy tackle very long legs leap thick skull
115,000 S | A

Double Edit: and 70,000 for a team re-roll

Last edited by Nelphine on %b %30, %2022 - %02:%Dec; edited 10 times in total
kozak

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2022 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Make squigs great again please!

It could be a great stunty/fun roster.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2022 - 07:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:

0-1 Untrainable Squig
5 4 2+ 10+ animal savagery really stupid no hands loner (4+) dauntless claws mighty blow frenzy tackle very long legs leap thick skull
115,000 S | A

Tackle? really? should be a learned skill...

Nelphine

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2022 - 07:41 Reply with quote Back to top

ah, but a) its untrainable - it smashes up the goblins (who all have dodge) and b) it doesn't HAVE G access, not even as a secondary and it only has ST 4, and c) no one on the team, except the 2 big 'uns have G access as a primary and d) it has 3 negatraits
CrookfangRob

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2022 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Koocy wrote:
CrookfangRob wrote:

Yes, I know. Hence
Quote:

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention. Carry on.
mekutata

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2022 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Squigs need Jump Up, they bounce.

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2022 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

mekutata wrote:
Squigs need Jump Up, they bounce.

I feel like that would make Animal Savagery a bit too inconsequential. Especially as there are already two positionals with Pick-me-up (although I'm not sure how good that acutally is, haven't played Norse yet).

I do like the idea of an Untrainable Squig as a big guy though. Maybe I'll steal the Secret League approach with Ball and Chain.
 Jump to: