23 coaches online • Server time: 04:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2023 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Completely agreed, and I appreciate it! (And.. your version is probably far more accurate for most people than mine)
Kinks

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2023 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
You misunderstood. The old data may be intended to be processed later, but as of now it is not under consideration - only games played in the C div are (ie. under 2020 rules).
You just didn't notice the "CR reset" because you played games in C prior to the switch to the new system, here's your first game in C: https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4342139 (where you are effectively reset at 1350 CR).

Thanks AD, makes more sense now. I guess it was just a coincidence that the first few names I saw have not be active in C since BB2020.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2023 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Did there used a page on here that showed a Bell distribution curve of every coach's CR?
And you could mouse over it and it'd say, at CR160 you're in the top 10% of coaches, or something like that

Have I imagined this?
It looked in the same visual style as this type of graph https://fumbbl.com/p/coachdevel?c=Christer&r=0&type=overall

The reason I ask, is to check if there's something similar available for the new CR system
DaCoach

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2023 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/stats ?
Last tab
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2023 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

That's the one, cheers. No idea how to navigate there Smile

I do kind of wish it showed % of coaches above / below a certain ranking, when you mouseover, rather than number of coaches at that rank
wintergreen13

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2023 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
My only critique of this and every CR formula is that it doesn't take into account which race you're using. For example I pretty much only played Goblins for a spell and naturally my CR plummeted.
Not saying every race should have a cr modifier, but I always felt using the worst race in the game shouldn't be quite so damaging.

I know at least one coach who would tell you that if you don't play the top tier races you aren't actually trying to achieve a high CR. In other words, you have a different goal (probably to have fun!). Not that you can't win with those races, but I'm fine if CR is specifically measuring a coach's commitment to having a high CR (i.e. playing the best teams and building to win in the [C] environment).
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2023 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I try to win each individual game. But much like teenage me wearing bright blue board shorts and a shirt declaring I was "not playing with a full duck" to gym class and then slowly watching myself go from picked last to picked middle of the pack over the course of a term I don't mind being 'better' than my rating.

I honestly don't care about it, but my team choices will likely keep it low and I am (quietly) amused when I get the impression someone doesn't understand how they could be losing to such a 'bad' coach.