11 coaches online • Server time: 06:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who is the worst positional in the game?
Amazon - Python Warrior Thrower
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
Chaos Renegade - Renegade Skaven
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
Chaos Renegade - Renegade Thrower
16%
 16%  [ 23 ]
Dark Elf - Assassin
16%
 16%  [ 23 ]
Dwarf - Troll Slayer
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
High Elf - Thrower
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Imperial - Imperial Throwers
13%
 13%  [ 19 ]
Lizardmen - Chameleon Skink
5%
 5%  [ 8 ]
OWA - Old World Human Thrower
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
OWA - Old World Dwarf Blockers
25%
 25%  [ 36 ]
Wood Elf - Thrower
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Orc - Thrower
11%
 11%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 143

Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2023 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
yup. the dwarf blocker does SOMETHING, and is still cheaper than the runner. the runner is literally a lino.. with loner.. and sure hands.. and thick skull.. and 35k more expensive. why the hell wouldn't you just buy another (almost TWO) more lino's instead?

haha
I love how much you hate OWA Very Happy fair enough they should be on the list. The way I looked at is, at least Sure Hands could come in useful. OWA blockers are literally only good for getting hit. But that is a useful tool tbf.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2023 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah but, you take the human thrower instead, and you get sure hands and pass without loner. and you don't need THAT many sure hands on the team.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2023 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
yeah but, you take the human thrower instead, and you get sure hands and pass without loner. and you don't need THAT many sure hands on the team.

yeah I'd probs take one as a back up at mid to high TV, but certainly nowhere near rookie level.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2023 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
yup. the dwarf blocker does SOMETHING, and is still cheaper than the runner. the runner is literally a lino.. with loner.. and sure hands.. and thick skull.. and 35k more expensive. why the hell wouldn't you just buy another (almost TWO) more lino's instead?

Mmh, maybe only if the main ball carrying Human Thrower is MNG and you are going to face a Strip Baller on your next League game? Just trying to find a niche situation for the Dwarf Runner to be useful. Razz
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2023 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

i'd much rather take a human lino with sure hands as my back up.. especially because human lino's are such good candidates for random skills, and you shouldn't need the back up until higher tv, when you've actually had time to roll a bunch of randoms Razz
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2023 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree. Even taking the Pact Thrower to Leader caddy means you are still effectively paying 45k for the reroll (25k over a Lineman for skills you'll probably never use, and 20k for the chosen Leader). Really hard to justify that even though Rerolls are 70k
Malmir

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2023 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

What's wrong with the pump wagon and Fun Hoppa? The Wagon doesn't have loner, which is really helpful for important moves and the hoppa can be very useful at reducing the number of dodges needed if there are several.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2023 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

The value of the Leader caddy depends on format. In progression or an open league sure, the maths might look unfavourable. In a resurrection (dare I say ‘matched play’) format, the equation is a bit different.

The Wagon seems very expensive for a Secret Weapon in a team where you’re trying to make the most of being cheap. But you (Malmir) certainly have bags more experience getting a tune out of Snotlings than I. I’ll take your word that they’re useful.
Malmir

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2023 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Without any bribes I would agree with you, but snots can usually manage at least one bribe which (usually) keeps them in most of the match.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2023 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

for me, i listed fun hopper as the worst positional on the team. for me it seems clear cut - hopping instead of 2+ dodging with a built in re-roll is a niche skill. but i can understand they may not be so bad that you shouldn't take 2 of them, and would certainly defer to your experience on whether they are actually bad or merely less good
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2023 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Just find the whole concept of assassin really bad. DE, despite their lore, are a team that focuses on reliability and multiple fast, mobile players to control space on the pitch. Meanwhile assassin is high risk, high cost and starts with neither block or dodge - so just doesn't seem to fit with the ethos of the team.
Garion26

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2023 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

wintergreen13 wrote:
Garion wrote:
OWA runner worse than OWA Dwarf Lineman??? Madness!

Dwarf linemen are useful for soaking hits on a team that takes a fair amount of them. There is literally no place for the dwarf runner on the team.

I'm in agreement on the utility of the OWA dwarf blockers. They actually seem fairly useful given their role.
Loner is a pain in the neck but Brawler mitigates that somewhat.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2023 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion26 wrote:
wintergreen13 wrote:
Garion wrote:
OWA runner worse than OWA Dwarf Lineman??? Madness!

Dwarf linemen are useful for soaking hits on a team that takes a fair amount of them. There is literally no place for the dwarf runner on the team.

I'm in agreement on the utility of the OWA dwarf blockers. They actually seem fairly useful given their role.
Loner is a pain in the neck but Brawler mitigates that somewhat.

me too. It's their cost and lack of block that puts them on the list.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2023 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Two votes for the Renegade Skaven now....still don't get it. Feels a perfectly decent option in 2020. Certainly not even the worst option on the Renegades team
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2023 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

C0ddlefish wrote:
Two votes for the Renegade Skaven now....still don't get it. Feels a perfectly decent option in 2020. Certainly not even the worst option on the Renegades team

hahaha let it go!

I love this community. So many funny people! Very Happy