69 coaches online • Server time: 22:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2023 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Not to pile on, but most have probably heard these sly accusations about the RNG before. What a lot of new coaches don't understand is that you can't really look at the dice you rolled for evidence of bad (or good) luck. Getting better at BB often means rolling less dice and having players in the right positions so you don't have to roll dice - a rookie coach under pressure will roll a lot of dice they don't want to.

If you want to learn BB, one of the most critical things I would suggest to do is to change your attitude a bit. Jumping immediately to the conclusion that the RNG is off instead of analyzing your play is really going to impact your ability to learn how to get better.

Best of luck though and welcome to FUMBBL.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2023 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

FUMBBL is a mine of BB knowledge and data. I suggest to watch top coaches' replays featuring the races you like to play. That should help you a lot.
Chrisdekok

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2023 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Die rolls are random and will even out in the end. You can still have bad luck in a single game or even for a long stretch of games.
My play style is based on causing more casualties than I take. I had a long stretch of games where I got the feeling my armour wasn't working. Checking die rolls for my last 20 games at the time showed injury rolls was the cause. Opponent rolled 10+ on injuries 27,1% of the time, and I rolled 10+ 14,8% of the time. Getting better at rolling 10+ on injury rolls is nothing you can do, but a better coach could sure have won most of those games anyway.
Chrisdekok

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2023 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

After that I checked the injury rolls for my last 100 games and I don't remember the exact numbers but counting only 10+ as CAS opponent caused 0,5 more CAS than expected per game over a hundred games! My 10+ was very close to average. So when people say play more games, they mean hundreds of games🙂
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2023 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Chrisdekok wrote:
So when people say play more games, they mean hundreds of games🙂

The closer to infinite number of games, the better!
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2023 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Chrisdekok wrote:
So when people say play more games, they mean hundreds of games🙂

The closer to infinite number of games, the better!

I'm fairly certain that if you ever met a vampire you would take it up on the offer of immortality just so you could maximize your time on FUMBBL to achieve your CR quest or whatever your goal is. Very Happy
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2023 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed, if not as a Vampire, as a Wraith bound to CR!
If mind upload became a reality I could haunt FUMBBL forever! Very Happy
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2023 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Feelings is the worst instrument of which to measure luck.
Midas_Touch

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2023 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

People tend to just remember the bad dice , it almost always evens out over the length of the entire game .
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2023 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

True, although, if dice even out at the very end of a match it's too late to change the outcome.
So, it's not just a matter of dice averaging out, but when the averaging out happens.
Time is an important factor.
amazingprizzini

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2023 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

and they especially remember it if the failed dice are at a critical moment. (and we tend to remember less the dice successes at critical moments when we think it "should" work, say a GFI into the endzone.
 Jump to: