23 coaches online • Server time: 01:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2023 - 05:03 Reply with quote Back to top

oh no, you did it. now i have to actually go through it again
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2023 - 09:30 Reply with quote Back to top

A lot of discussion of the relative power levels of different rosters in C had me thinking…

This is the current list from Nelphine, with win percentages against the competitive range of teams:
Quote:
Tier 0 (absurdly good): over 59%
- amazon, underworld
Tier 0.5: 55-58% (too good)
- undead, orc

Tier 1 (competitive): 51-54%
- chaos dwarf, dwarf, human, Norse
Tier 1.5: 47-50% (competitive if you know exactly how to play them)
- skaven, necromantic, snotling, khemri, dark elf

Tier 2 (challenging): 43-46%
- lizardmen, high elf, pro elf, wood elf, chaos

I truly mean for all rosters in NBT to be competitive, is there anything to learn from these stats?

Amazons: my Zon team is very different from the overpowered one running around in C, and clearly less good. They are really slower skaven with better skills here, and that seems reasonable.

Undead: too good in C, I do think my version is not as strong without zombies, ghouls and thick skull. But their potential for crushing opponents is very strong with 4 wights. This could possibly mean they need some adjustment.

Orcs: too good in C, this team is far less powerful. I still think they are at the top of the fighting game like this, but they lack speed and offensive options.

Hobgoblins: the CD alternative is maybe a bit less powerful, but faster. Probably not as good as the standard CD roster (not as TV efficient!), this should have them in a good range.

Dwarves: this team is nowhere near as frightening as the standard roster. Still, with other rosters losing armour and S access their relative strength might shine in the long run. I think it is competitive, small addition of Fend for runners to make their main scorer just a little better.

Humans: this team is on par with the standard roster. Since most other rosters are weaker, this could mean that these humans could be too good.

Norse: this team fights as well as the standard one but should have a harder time on the offense. Somewhat worse, they should be competitive.

Skaven: this team should be on par with the standard one, albeit having shifted to a bit more strength. Should be competitive.

Necromantic: at the lower end of competitive teams in C, this roster is weaker than the standard one. This might be a problem? My own assessment of relative strengths put Necro at the bottom. Maybe needs to be adjusted up somehow.

Dark elves: bottom of competitive, this team is clearly weaker than that (cheaper doesn’t help enough). I’m not sure where to go to fix it. A 2 man positional with S access? Bring back boring Dodge position?

Elves: dropping out of the competitive range in C we find the elven Union, which most closely resembles this team. And this team is also worse than standard Union. Maybe the team needs some kind of power skill addition to boost them.

Chaos: the NBT roster is quite different from Chosen, and is likely somewhat less good with reduced S access. It does have positionals with potential for ball handling, and the stamina for a fight, but will they stay too weak as a starter?

Skaven and Humans are really the only two rosters that I find to be as good as the standard ones, otherwise power levels are down. Some concern about humans and Undead staying too good compared to the others, and concern about the bottom 4 here not keeping up.

Hmmm….

Post   Posted: May 07, 2023 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Some suggestions that stemmed from the last post has been added to the first post.

Boosting the bottom 4:
Profiling the Dark elf team as a fighting agile team even more. While making them even slower they are taking a jump up in a prolonged fight.
The elves currently get a starting Guard position, which is crazy good.
Chaos got even more boosted with Ma7 spawn.
Necromantic got a moderate ghoul boost and decreased cost of zombies (makes the end of season bonus better too).

Decreasing the top:
Suggestion to replace MB with multiple block for starting mummies. Should slow the possible steam roller.

Currently not touching humans I think. Statistics say they might be the top team here, but let's see someone run them for a season. Their end of season bonus is mediocre...