24 coaches online • Server time: 08:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2023 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

pickup with bighand goblin = 3+ (in any conditions)
catching the handover with monstrous mouth rogre = 4++

50% chance of success (66.6% if you use team reroll on goblin pickup)
requires 2 primary skills, 2 players
gives potentially more range to how far the ball can travel
gives strip-ball immunity

-----vs-----

pickup with extra arm rogre = 3+ loner

66.6% chance of success (77.7% if you use a team reroll on loner)
requires 1 primary on 1 player
less range
no strip-ball immunity
pickup gets worse in tacklezones or in rain (mitigate with bighand on the rogre)

Not huge differences really. I'd prefer Sure Hands over Monstrous Mouth, shame its a secondary.
There's not many Strip Ball players in [C]
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2023 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd go Block, Break Tackle, stat (AG or MV), stat again

If you didn't get AG (66% chance), you now have a MV8 rogre lol. then Extra Arms, 2 Heads.
Dodges on a 1+ / 3+, pickup on a 3+, 290k total

If you did get AG (34% chance), probably stat again for MV8, then Extra Arms.
Dodges on a 1+ / 3+, pickup on a 2+, 310k total
remetagross

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2023 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

It's definitely a good idea too. I might give it a go if the RO experiment turns inconclusive.
remetagross

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2023 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm hearing some conficting piece of advice here, but what is sticking through from all inputs is to go Block and then Stat Increase. Fair enough, I'll get there first, and then provided the dude is not dead yet, we'll see.

Sp00keh, true, but a Big Hand goblin is useful in many situations where you just want to offload the ball to someone, anyone, and the Rat-Ogre will not fit through. For example, in my 0-2 loss vs Amazons yesterday, I got Big Hand on a gobbo from a Prayer to Nuffle, and it was darn useful twice to get the balr out of a big scrum. I almost got the 1-1 touchdown from that.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2023 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

If you're going Block > Break Tackle > Stats etc then it's going to be a long way before the rat ogre gets anything better than 4+ pickup
So you'll need to be Blocking with him to get SPP, and feeding TDs only when safe
So most of the time the gutter will still be scoring, at least until rogre can do .. anything .. a bit more reliably

So yes, big hand on goblin and 2heads on gutter etc are still going to be important for the team
remetagross

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2023 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I was considering going first Block then stat increase. In case I don't get Agi or Mv, I'll either pick Extra Arms or Monstrous Mouth. So that as soon as I hit level 3 I have a decent ball-handler there. Else, indeed it will take ages.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2023 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Skill > Stat > Skill costs less SPP than Skill > Skill > Stat, so yea that's probably a decent idea

Edit: WRONG :3

Last edited by Sp00keh on %b %16, %2023 - %21:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2023 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

6 20 12 = 38
6 8 24 = 38
Stats for the first 5 levels always cost +12 (and chosen secondary always +6) so order wont change how much spp you spend.

This is NOT true for the legendary 6th skill. Secondary costs +10 and stat costs +20, so you should always try to get a chosen primary for your legendary skill.
remetagross

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2023 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Well does it ever happen in [C] to get level 7 dudes anyway, now that there is redraft ?

I guess I want the stat increase first so as not be stuck level 3 for ages. As far as utility is concerned it's pretty much a toss-up I guess.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2023 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

i personally go block (or dodge if they have A access and start with block, or straight into stats otherwise) stat stat stat if i'm aiming for lots of stats on my ball carrier

as for redraft, meh, ball carriers often hit legend in 25-40 games (so 2-5 seasons depending on your league; C is supposed to have long seasons, so it would be 2-3 seasons), so yeah i expect they'll be floating around a lot.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2023 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, for some reason I thought stats earlier was always better than later

(Humm.. they are, but only if you're rolling random primaries )

Redraft in [C]?? did i miss something, is this implemented currently??

But yea, I've had a UD gutter hit stat+skill (26spp) in 4 games, and a SU ghoul hit skill+skill+stat+stat (66 spp) in 13 games, 5-6 spp per game
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2023 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Chosen primary or random secondary is 6, 8, 12, 16, 20, 30.

Random primary is half price.

Chosen secondary is +6 SPP, or +10 if legend. Stat doubles that price increase, so +12 or +20 at legend.

This is cool and all, but after Block, random primary skills are gold on a Rat Ogre. That's the real opportunity cost.

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2023 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=15142843

slow and steady wins the race

yeah if best cow had +MA twice instead of +AV best cow would be faster, but would best cow still be alive?

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2023 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Very interesting. How did you get the ball to it safely before that +Ag?

Without Block, haven't you been pestered by -2D blocks too much?

Also, in your team roster view, I'm seeing a little book icon right next to that Mino. What does that stand for ?
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2023 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Little book = player has a custom biography

How he did it? without watching the replays, looking at the team the hobs have all the other TDs, and the mino has 10 CAS as well as the TDs

So, I'd imagine it's a combination of hob pickup and handover when safe, plus Java being good enough to go 12/1/0 despite scoring with a mino
 Jump to: