57 coaches online • Server time: 21:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RDaneel

Post   Posted: May 07, 2023 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I have some questions about the way teams are selected for the Trophy "play off"(Steel Gauntlet)

Christer already provided a blog post on it , here
https://fumbbl.com/p/blog&c=Christer&id=24583

I open a forum discussion just in case others like me need some clarifications (feel free to stack other Q)
Thanks in advance to staff for clarifications

team selections
Q1) in my 1st squad i have this team
BT8 Us Robots (1/2/1 : 2 points/4 games)
and this
BT8 Master of Whining (1/0/4) : 1,5 points a real disaster Very Happy
And in the team standing page https://fumbbl.com/p/boxtrophy surprisely I see listed my BT8 Master of Whining . Why?

Q2) I see a team of Vampire
BB8 Bloodsuckers
with 10 games played (0/0/10) and is marked as "Qualified" Confused why?

Feel free to add more Q&A below if you have...

thanks in advance to the generous experts for clarification
badger89

Post   Posted: May 07, 2023 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

both question is due to racial lead at the minute so will change in time

edit: But Q2 is definitely due to racial lead

Post   Posted: May 07, 2023 - 20:40
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The team standings is sorted by team score, which is the score shown for the team in the squad standing. There are two "number of games" breakpoints involved though:

- A team needs a minimum of 5 games to show up in the list
- A team needs a minimum of 10 games to be "eligible" to qualify

For Q1, the reason your goblins show up with 1.5 points, and your humans don't is because the humans have 4 games played. The team standings only show teams with 5 games or more played.

Q2 doesn't have to do with the roster lead, but because it's the only "eligible" vampire team. To be eligible for the play-off, the team needs 10 or more games played.

Edit: Roster leads do not affect the team score for a given team, but is included in the "squad score".
RDaneel

Post   Posted: May 07, 2023 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you a lot Christer now is clear!
RDaneel

Post   Posted: May 07, 2023 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:

Q2 doesn't have to do with the roster lead, but because it's the only "eligible" vampire team. To be eligible for the play-off, the team needs 10 or more games played.

Hi Christer just an additional clarification: does this mean that the 1st team of your squad who will reach 10 or more games will be "qualified" whatever is his classification within the squad?
If this is the case better to "stand by" a low performing team once it reaches 9 games, and activate teams in BT8 with less matches played.

I think coach strategy is to qualify for the play offs the best teams in terms of win rate, not those who reach 10 games first.
unless it is possible to qualify more than one team from the same team, but I am not sure that is possible---> and here it comes some more Q's"...

Q3) Can each coach only qualify a maximum of ONE team per squad to the Steel Gauntlet?

Q4) is the Qualifying Team classification "dynamic"? Does this means that it can change over time depending the team's performances of your squads? Or when one team is marked as "Qualified" will never change?
Christer

Post   Posted: May 08, 2023 - 10:03
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Each time a team gets to 10 games played, they are "eligible" to get a spot for the tournament. At the end of the trophy run, the top eligible teams will qualify, assuming they choose to not decline the spot. If they decline, the next one in the list for that roster will be offered the spot.

A3: Only one team per coach, yes.
A4: Yes, the "Qualified" marker will show the highest seed team for each roster, which will change over time.
RDaneel

Post   Posted: May 08, 2023 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:

A3: Only one team per coach, yes.
A4: Yes, the "Qualified" marker will show the highest seed team for each roster, which will change over time.

+1
thx!
 Jump to: