23 coaches online • Server time: 01:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2022 - 01:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, Christer, FUMBBL Staff, and my fellow FUMBBLers,

A few years ago, Christer revamped the coach stats page, and I'm very thankful for that. I'd like to throw out a couple of ideas, in case Christer likes any of them.

1) I know this stuff is easily available, but if record, W%, and CR were posted next to games in Coach Stats, it would help get an at-a-glance view.

2) I'd love a way to filter by roster, so I could see how I'm doing with race A, against race B, or with A vs B.

3) If TDs, total Cas, and maybe another key stat were bolded, or if there were some other way to differentiate one line to another (grayed-out alternate lines?), it would probably be more visually accessible: as is, coach stats are kind of a number-salad at first glance.

4) would a "player turns" stat be possible/simple/desirable?

Thank you guys so much for all you do. Perhaps you'll like one or more of these ideas.

— JR

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2022 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely a lot of scope for coach stat additions!
Now I can see I played Undead vs Nurgle 23 times. But not the win % of that.
That said more win stats might encourage pickers even more. I see the value of thenaf's tournament stats. Maybe it is slightly less here. League players may like to see their long term specific league coach stats.

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2022 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

The statistics page wants Deflections. It cries to me, drunkenly, in the wee hours of the morning for that stat to be added.

C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2022 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely, as it gives SSP it needs to really be there.

Ideally I'd like Completions separate from Superb Throws too
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2022 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

That actually belongs on the team list page too.

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2023 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for the minor necro, but I was thinking something like this.

Also, if it would be possible to italicize scores in the top ten percentile and maybe to indicate ranking for those in the top 10 or top 5 for any given stat, that would probably be fun too.

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2023 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Aha! The columns would be:

All Games (separate, at top):
Games*, Wins*, Ties, Losses, W%*, CR*

Total:
For*, Against, Difference*.
Per Game:
For*, Against†, Difference, Ratio*
Vs. Average:
Average, Ratio For*, Ratio Against†
* italicize top 10%, indicate rank for top 5 among/if qualified.
† same, only lowest 10% and lowest 5 (best performers for negative stats, fewest blocks against per game, for example).

Qualifier for top 5 consideration: 30 qualifying matches with/against all rosters, or 10 qualifying matches with and/or against a specific roster.

As far as rows go, I could see why you might not include concessions, I was just spitballing there. Honestly, if you just included deflections and broke serious hurt/injured out from lasting injuries, the rows as-is would be good enough for government work. If we could have one bonus stat, I'd say turns played jumps out at me as a wish-list item.

This would give a lot of the more competitive coaches something else to game for, and would be really informative for the rest of us. I don't know if you see fit, but also under averages, W%, and CR, it might be interesting to include the coach's percentile next to the score.