28 coaches online • Server time: 08:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
destroyer_dabes

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, quite honestly your in a no win situation. If you do choose to confront him on the drugs, you will come off like some of the other posts here; patronizing and out of touch. If you don't say anything and it gets bad, then you feel guilty.

In my view, any drug other than meth, crack, or heroin is fine for consumption. Other drugs will simply get you blasted but have little long term affect. Acid or E won't kill you, and all that cocaine will do is destroy your wallet. Meth is bad shit, highly addictive and destructive to a person's long term personality. I had a buddy addicted to Meth who nearly slit my throat one night because he thought I insulted him. If he's on hard drugs, then he won't be the same person for long, so you may as well get him some help even if it goes against his will. This includes getting him busted.

Oh, and Hassan, how many old people do you see sparking up a crack pipe after social security check day? And how exactly can you claim they are wasting it when it is their money to spend; they paid out for their entire lives after all.
nin

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

it should be a personal decision
...but to make a conscious decision you need some knowledge about the matter
...and good analisis
...it's sad, but for many people that means some regret in the long term

for me it would be giving your own opinion, your arguments... and then your help if a really close person (things don't have to go wrong, but talking to someone to asimilate the experiences helps)

good luck
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't interfere in their life but just let them know now and again that you don't approve (if you don't).

The only thing I would say is watch out if when you say you don't approve they respond angrily saying you don't understand, I would say this is the point where they are hooked to the point they need help.

I lost a few friends a few years back over drug use as they weren't the same people anymore.

It is not hypocritical to dissaprove even if you smoke and drink and occassionally smoke weed as harder drugs, e, coke, k, heroin, alters someones personality far more and the come downs are far more severe.

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
Hassan_Ninkin

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

destroyer_dabes wrote:

Oh, and Hassan, how many old people do you see sparking up a crack pipe after social security check day? And how exactly can you claim they are wasting it when it is their money to spend; they paid out for their entire lives after all.

Do I need to even address this? Maybe you don't know how the Social Security system works. You don't need to retire to collect, you can EASILY fake a handicap and collect. I've seen it done. Go get me some more spam.
paulhicks

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

just out of interest cannabis was originaly outlawed in the usa after pressure from the paper mills (cant remember when exactly) who didnt want hemp being grown because it produces very cheap high quality paper.
no morale reasons involved

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

paulhicks wrote:
just out of interest cannabis was originaly outlawed in the usa after pressure from the paper mills (cant remember when exactly) who didnt want hemp being grown because it produces very cheap high quality paper.

Really?

Would the paper still contain the properties of leaf Cannabis? In which case littering would be a thing of the past, why throw paper away when you can smoke it Wink

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
Skeloboy

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, of course it is his choice, but it doesnt mean you shouldn't care. Just say to him, that you think he is stupid.

My view on drugs is: Legalize marihuana, its no worse than alcohol, and its actually less addictive. But only marihuana, all other drugs should remain illegal. I have some friends, that has been very addicted to marihuana, but when the told me, that they've had tried other drugs, I got mad at them, cause do care for their health.

Marihuana and alcohol, fine, everything else is not good.
Fribbler

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

bah i thought you were offering to deliver Wink

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I dont tthink its wise to muck around with anything, but the other half of me realises that its often only different to alcohol etc in legality. It depends on the individual, and whilst I disapprove, I know first hand what the effects of lecturing someone on the topic can be on a friendship. Its not an easy fix, I believe youve just got to let the person figure out the destructive influences of drugs on their own, telling them about it, whilst it might be perfectly true, often results in them turning their back on your advice(and sadly, often you) in responce.

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
Hassan_Ninkin

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

paulhicks wrote:

Other reasons cited have been racism in America's leadership. Criminalizing marijuana was seen by some as an easy way to remove 'undesirables' such as blacks and latinos.
Dupont also had their fingers in it, as hemp rope would be hurt dramatically by the criminalization, granting them greater profits for their nylon rope.
Thomcat

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

thesquig wrote:
Pretty random topic I know... but recently someone very close to me has started taking interest in substances I would never, ever consider and that are totally illeagal. Just wondering what folks in the international fumbbl community have tried or considered?

I've tried class C in UK. This may be different where you are? I'm in a bit of a moral dillema and need a bit of guidance, who would have thought fumbbl could help me eh? Wink

I know most of you are decent people, let me know please Smile

Cheers,

Dean.

The problem with much of this discussion is that the Laws are SOOOO different in different countries (or just between states in the us)

But I´m kinda old and have seen a huge difference in who takes drugs and how accepted it is. While people smoking are almost criminals and people who drink are on the way there Shocked

So I think there has been a shift in attitude. Also regarding drinking. When I was a kid it was completely ok for grown ups too get an "after hours beer" - today we all really have to have "better" more important things to do. But back then only hardheaded "we have no life" people did drugs. On top of this todays drugs are way way more dangorous than the old drugs where. Now some people will scream that they have done extasy many times without damage. Well first off you where lucky then (to get it from shipments where they knew what they where doing) secondly lets wait and see in 5 or 10 or even 30 years time. To me the least dangerous drugs are: marihuana and alcohol.

The main problem in the computerpopulated part of the world is really neither drinking nor drugs. The real problems are:

1: too many chemicals in everything - we are becoming worse and worse at reproducing. These things gives cancer to.

2: sugar - Well something is wrong when they have to come up with new clotche-sizes every two years.

3: Antidepressive and other legal drugs. The western world have doubled it use of these drug tenfold in the last 20 years. Have people really become so sad or is it just that it today is not accepted to be a bit down a few weeks without being send to a doctor ?

But the short advise is stay clear of everything except beers (and learn to control that hehe) - it is easier than the rest to get hold of and too control.
Furious_George

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Times change, whats illegal and immoral today is tomorrows party piece, You cant look retrospectively at drug issues, since legislation changes almost as fast as the new fashionable substances. I think were moving into a drug fueled society at the moment, family values are dead in the water, things are more quick fix orientated nowadays, if your feeling low, one pill gets you high again. I dont like it, not saying its right way were going, but im afraid its the situation.
The Key in my opinion is to seperate Stigma from Fact. Running around with your hair on fire screaming 'drugs wreck lives' isnt productive in my opinion, I mean, what drugs wreck lives in particular, most of the drugs that are wildly adictive and dangerous are used medically, and It is uneducated misuse of said drugs that wrecks lives. Other seemingly illegal drugs used in moderation are far less dangerous and lifethreatening than drugs we consider legal, smoking for instance, one of the biggest killers here in the UK as far as i know.
I know its a tired cliche, but education rather than legal control is the way to go.
As long as drugs remain something only spoken about in the dark behind parents backs it will be a life wrecker, since whilst 'experimentation' is the best way to learn to ride a bike, the consequences of experimenting with dangerous substances are great.

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
Odium_Khan

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Amen to what Hassan Ninkin said on page 1.

Here are my favourite pharmacist sayings, by the way, that I felt I now had a reason to share with you Smile :
All drugs are harmless unless in the hands of an addict (edit: or a suicidal maniac of course). All substances are poisons, it's just a matter of dosage.
rhebus

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Money is always the bottom line. Drugs cost money, and any drug habit that you can afford (Financially, emotionally and physiologically) is not a problem. Junkys who *know* where their next fix is coming from and that they can afford it, have no motivation to steal your stuff / get into debt / moan endlessly about no drugs. Drug problems arise when you can't afford your habit any more. It doesn't help that usually drugs are used to relax, so when you can't afford them, usually you've got to the stage that you can barely afford to feed yourself any more too.
tattie5

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

My cousin has just came home form beeing in glasgow for the past 6years, she started of doing an art degree at the glasgow collage and past her first year. She then failed her next year but they allowed her to re-sit, she then dropped out and then they decided that they would let her have another go at it since she was so young when she started. She dropped out again and got a job as a manger of some sort at a coffee shop she was thare a year and then got sacked and then got another job in a diffrent coffee shop. The whole time she has been away she has borrowed money from the fammily, a lot from my granny, she has borrowed money from my mum for her travel and her own mum has had to pay of all her debts which has cost her thousands. 6 years worth of living in Glasgow. She had finaly came home to stay and has admited that she is on heroin, costing her up to £50 a day. This has all been payed for by the fammily as she has never had any money. She was a very talented artist and has compleatly duffed it up because of drugs. I know that before she went away she was smoking cannibis and taking the occasional XTC tablet and sometimes a bit of LSD, i thought nothing of it as she is older than me and she was very clever and knew what she was doing. But she just got in to it deeper and deeper until she was fed up with all the drugs she had taken all that was left to try was heroin.

So i guess the point is a lot of people see no harm in dabbling in drugs occosionaly but if they get hold of you, where does it stop, this has cost her thousands and she will struglle to get out of debt for a lot of years to come.

On a good note at least she has admited she has been on heroin while a way and she has came home to get her life sorted.
 Jump to: