27 coaches online • Server time: 03:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2006 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi - I'm not sure whether this is the right place for this, but here it goes:

I had a game vs. REDspecial's skaven (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1168264). After 3 or 4 turns in the first half, the sever dropped out, and we re-loaded. There was no problem after the re-load, until the 1st turn of the second half (we'd had one each I think), when the game abruptly ended, and the result was uploaded, winnings were handed out, etc. We decided in IRC that we should post here and just consider the game finished and carry on as normal, but I'm not sure what the problem was or if we went about sorting it out (i.e. Just calling the game finished as normal and posting here) the right way.

Has anyone else experienced something similar (I have had a quick search and found nothing)?

Purplegoo.
Master'sApprentice

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2006 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I've had the same thing happen in a Chaos vs. Human game - again, about one turn into the second half. We told a moderator in the IRC help channel, and were basically told we could keep the result or void the game. We went for the money, and put it down to the fickle winds of Chaos. Maybe there's a bug or something...

Sorry I don't have anything more helpful to add. . .
seandon12

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2006 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Its just one of those things, it has happened to me before, sure its annoying, but it happens (sometimes in your favour)

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2006 - 07:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Just had a game tonight do that... We kicked off for the 2nd half, injury time, he got disconnected, 25 minutes later he came back, we loaded the game, it started back on his turn 8, he clicked the turn marker to get to half time and the game ended and uploaded...

We went to the admin channel and they said since it uploaded its official...
It was a good game up to that point, just a sad way to get a victory...
Apanserdig

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Same thing happend to me and Shame. We had some kind of syncing problem in turn 7, re-loaded and played the rest of the first half. At the kick-off the first turn of the second half, the kick-off result was rolled (bad-kick), and then the game was ended and automatically uploaded.

Talked to an Op about it, and there was nothing he could do to help us.
Markusen

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Happened to me too once. Do not know why - maybe just the ghost in the machine...
 Jump to: