57 coaches online • Server time: 19:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2010 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
What is it that seems to elongate FFB games?

Ski's client seems to take me about 50 mins - an hour, and I've played 10-15 FFB games (before anyone points out my record shows 5-6 - most were in the early days where bugs often stopped play), and they tend to take 1h 20 or more. It's weird, since I'm not sure why this should be? Is it this thing of looking for dice / skills etc?

I just specced one of your games and the reason your FFB-games is not faster than your LRB4 games, is that you don't use the automove function. Force yourself to just using the mouse and automove for one game or two and then you will see some speed in your games.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2010 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I do automove, actually!
Olesh

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2010 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

The javabbowl client definitely feels much faster and more responsive, though. The FFB client feels very sluggish in all of its actions. Automove doesn't much help make up the difference when I have to wait half a second longer after every action.
RedDevilCG

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2010 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Funny, FFB seams faster than javabowl for me. Maybe something with your system?
SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2010 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

All in all a very nice client, but when you use the Apo its rather confusing about what injury you will receive, ive made the mistake twice now

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2010 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Strangely enough I've made the same mistake with the re-rolling of winnings at the end. It says "you must keep the new result", then "Do you want to reroll?" and I'm always thinking "yes! keep the result" and reroll my good winnings to bad >.<

Although, I have noticed that since the last two patches, automove is slower now. I liked it better when it was rapid.
Falesh

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2010 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome work with the client. I'm tempted to start playing again once FFB becomes the client for the main division. Keep up the good work! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2010 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

@Falesh: praise from you? awesome, thanks. no bad feelings because of your unfinished (and unused) work?
Falesh

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2010 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
@Falesh: praise from you? awesome, thanks. no bad feelings because of your unfinished (and unused) work?

Of course not. Wink I did my best for the site and when I had to stop I gave my source out in case it would be useful, not because I wanted recognition but because I love fumbbl and want it to stay strong. Having a client like yours doing so well is just what I want to see. Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2010 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Olesh wrote:
The javabbowl client definitely feels much faster and more responsive, though. The FFB client feels very sluggish in all of its actions. Automove doesn't much help make up the difference when I have to wait half a second longer after every action.

Wow, totally opposite experience for me. I found the old client nightmarishly slow and laggy. The new client has been great.
Olesh

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2010 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Part of the problem might be that I play on a laptop where the connection is spotty on the best of days. The FFB client doesn't appear to handle it as well - once of the issues I run into on a regular basis is that if I lose my connection for more than a few seconds the client will actually close and kick me out.
Javabbowl has a much longer grace period, and when I lag, it'll "catch up" everything very quickly when my connection reacquires. FFB is less graceful about it.

It's difficult to explain in more specific terms but I just get better overall performance from the javabbowl client.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2010 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Good to have you posting Falesh! There are too few of us Nurgle coaches around.

Last edited by Balle2000 on %b %03, %2010 - %16:%Aug; edited 2 times in total
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2010 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

olesh: where do u play from (which country)?
Olesh

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2010 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I play from the US. My internet connection isn't what's spotty; it's my wireless signal between my laptop and my router. When I'm on my desktop I don't have the problem with disconnects and the client closing, and based on some testing I determined that the client "crashes" correlated directly to periods where I wasn't getting any signal.
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2010 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I will have a look into tcp timeouts. Perhaps I can improve something there.
 Jump to: