47 coaches online • Server time: 17:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes.. Matt gets it.

Actually.... Everyone does other than the people you speak to plasmoid, whoever they are.

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Yes.. Matt gets it.

Actually.... Everyone does other than the people you speak to plasmoid, whoever they are.

Swiss watches just aren't as reliable as they used to be!

Whoooops that's the kettle of fish well and truly opened!
MDeLarge

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland +1
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

It's like a relationship from Eastenders. It's complex, long running and if you haven't been following it, totally bewildering. However not that it's become live with Cyanide we're reaching the climax where severally people get killed with an automatic nuclear machine cannon.

Oh and what's more, at the moment we're broadcasting on a different TV channel.
Macabeo

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:

Hahaha so accurate.
MDeLarge

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

A good Knight stat could be 6339 Block,Dauntless GS on normal rolls
It could be funny having a not so slow Dauntless Guarder, Mighty Blower, which fits well enough for me with the fluff
Pass on normal is nonsense way. How could they pass properly wearing full masked helmets?
Didn't you realize that players have to raise their heads to perform a pass (Remember Very Sunny and Disturbing (Smelling) Presence)?
I can't imagine how they can see further than a pair of yards wearing a heavy helmet and covering their faces with a leaky plate.

Last edited by MDeLarge on %b %24, %2015 - %15:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
mrbibitte3

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll go against the wave and say that I like the new Brett roster.

Passing skill access for knights is clever instead of Strength. In football, quarterbacks are all the fuss for the ladies... not the blocker dudes. Teenage American movies are always about some prom queen wanting a quarterback (or the opposite). Would they be modern, those young knights would know girls are avidly watching those movies, learning that prom queens usually breed with quarterbacks.

When in their reproductive drives, hormonal girls especially like daring, sturdy and skillful guys. You don't succeed at getting in those girl's underwears only by means of violence. You'll have to pass the ball or score a touchdown... even better if you are punched or punching while on your way to the endzone.

Smile
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

thats all fine mrbibitte, but none of that has anything to do with Bretonnia. Also the blitzers aren't qbs, they are blitzers. Also through out all bloodbowl fluff blitzers are the stars of the team, these guys are clearly dump after mid tv.

Bretonnia is all about chivalric code. That is the main principle, that and hard hitting knights.

I dont mind the names they used in Cyanides roster, Blitzer, blocker is fine, but the players do not match their description. Blitzers are meant to be hard hitters. These are not, Blockers are meant to be immoveable players these are not. Its just Quorn all over again, they designed some pixels then bolted on a bunch of stats and skills with no thought about the race in question. It goes against everything that the original 20 rosters set out to achieve I.E. verisimilitude

Last edited by Garion on %b %24, %2015 - %16:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
albinv

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Embarassed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPPj6viIBmU

Last edited by albinv on %b %24, %2015 - %16:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

albinv wrote:
Embarassed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPPj6viIBmU

Totally worth derailing for that vid. I met the Japanese equivalent to him today, who tried to karate the something out of me.

His fight lines were "Don't stare at me, god damn you're hot. Do you prefer Luigi or Mario".... followed by some sort of charging scream.
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
plasmoid wrote:

For example (Spubbbba) previous versions had 2 kinds of knights and 2 kinds of squires, but that got shouted down. That version was quite interesting though.

That maybe so, however Spubbba's very good at this sort of thing.

I think that was directed at me rather than it being a team I had thought up. The only semi-serious Bret team I made up was using the Orc roster that left out the troll and renamed the players. I have thrown around some ideas for the knights, basically I'd like them to be a good version of Chaos. Some hard hitting elites and a bunch of scrubs, so decent all round stats (not as good as chaos though) but only a few starting skills.

I'm of the opinion that new teams should add something to the game. Personally a Khorne team that was something like vampires would be fun. 6 powerful Bloodletters (maybe 2 of them as heralds) but all with wild animal over bloodlust. A daemon prince similar to the bloodthirster and the rest rubbish humans.

Fluff is important, but you can argue pretty much any skill if you try hard enough. I like the apes roster for instance, just hate the current fluff. But is pretty easy to fix as we have discussed.

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

plasmoid wrote:
My first several versions were much closer to the Bretonnian army, but I was persuaded that that military personel have no place on a BB pitch. So by now they are supposed to represent how a feudal nation would play Blood Bowl, rather than how Bretonnian military would play BB.
I'm also quite happy with that decision.

Here's a roster that represents that perfectly -

Positional MA ST AG AV Skills Normal Double Price
0-16 Linemen 6 3 3 8 G ASP 50k
0-4 Catchers 8 2 3 7 Catch, Dodge GA SP 70k
0-2 Throwers 6 3 3 8 Pass, Sure Hands GP AS 70k
0-4 Blitzers 7 3 3 8 Block GS AP 90k
0-1 Ogre 5 5 2 9 Loner, Bone-head, Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, Throw Team-Mate S GAP 140k
Re-roll 50k (100k after team creation)
Apothecary Yes

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
[...] but the players do not match their description. Blitzers are meant to be hard hitters. These are not, Blockers are meant to be immoveable players these are not. Its just Quorn all over again, they designed some pixels then bolted on a bunch of stats and skills with no thought about the race in question. It goes against everything that the original 20 rosters set out to achieve I.E. verisimilitude

Well, if I quote the manual :

"Blitzers are just about the best all-round players on the pitch. They are quite fast and agile, yet strong enough to smash their way through the opposing line when they have to. Former ace Reavers player Griff Oberwald is a typical Blitzer: fast, strong and just a bit too flash!"

I don't think that description is synonymous with "hard hitters" and "immoveable players". It feels more like a flashy and talented player who can do it all !!

But yeah, sure, hardcore players always have a tendency to drop the fun in games and over-optimize instead. Flashy and talented Blitzers are less optimal than hitting blitzers. I get that. But it's also far more boring. Casual gamers will probably find it a good thing that it'll be harder for power-gamers to squeeze all the fun out of the Bretonian team.
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Smash their way through, fast and strong.

Screams S access. the rosters has nothing to with bretonnia, also when I said immovable players I was talking about blockers. Anyway I'm done, the rosters a joke.

Ps I'm no power gamer, I play with gobos, flings and humans more than anything and they are built suboptimally as well. Smile