13 coaches online • Server time: 07:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Cindy Piewhistle
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Chirpy_Chaffinch

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2014 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

@Albinv

You've applied with your "Madness" team to the Open League ? No problem, mate. I got a team of MA15 ST7 AG8 Gutter Runners that will suck your blood out and do other things to you that I can't mention on this blog (protecting vulnerable adults from reading offensive material, sorry).

You also state that maybe you are too experienced for 145 club ?

--> On a serious note (serious ? Who ? Me ?), I remember several coaches having had several discussions about some of the coaches being too experienced.
What happened to this discussion ?
My own opinion is that I am happy to play anybody. To qualify this, if a certain (Super Star) coach plays Flings in Rookie League, he (she) will probably still beat me 5:0.
But the point of Rookie League is to learn the game in a friendly environment, not to win games. And I am not going to win games even if you all play Flings without Trees ! But I am gonna have FUN ! Laughing
hissa-lives

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2014 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Chirpy_Chaffinch wrote:
@Albinv

You also state that maybe you are too experienced for 145 club ?

--> On a serious note (serious ? Who ? Me ?), I remember several coaches having had several discussions about some of the coaches being too experienced.
What happened to this discussion ?
My own opinion is that I am happy to play anybody. To qualify this, if a certain (Super Star) coach plays Flings in Rookie League, he (she) will probably still beat me 5:0.
But the point of Rookie League is to learn the game in a friendly environment, not to win games. And I am not going to win games even if you all play Flings without Trees ! But I am gonna have FUN ! Laughing

Don't undersell yourself Chirpy! I'm hoping you have a rookie team this season?? our vs record is currently 2-2 and want a decider! Wink

I think that very experienced players I've played are very helpful with tactical ideas, is always tricky building the team up though as major part of the game. Especially when there are 2 ways to do things, aim to win or have a bit of fun with it too.
deyempe

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2014 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Ufortunatly while my team, Blackwoods Elven Bowlers were prepareing to leave the forrest of their home, to compete in the Open Rookie League this Season, their peaceful home in their wood was set upon by a large gathering of Orcs and Goblins.. SO they arent able to make it this season as their are busy defending their homes.

However.. all is not lost! Thier local cousins - the Elves of South Valley, have refused to aid the defence of the Wood Elves dwelling for reasons I am not privvy to recieving: " I rekon its beacuse they knew the woodly Blood Bowl team had signed up and as a result of being in a state of 'under-attack' - they wouldnt be able to make it to the game, which ofcourse allowed the sporting Pro Elves who just love the game! to compete in their place!"

It matters little to me but I do hope my WoodElf team dont go getting themselves turned into an Orcs dinner while they are fighting the Greenskin horde! ..I was looking to make some money off of those pesky woodland feys!
yugzilla

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2014 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

the team i teased few days ago has joined the league

the team is called nexus and we are here to crush the league. you either nexus or your against us
albinv

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2014 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Will get back to you guys. Im currently very short on time.
Just wanna say that im happy to hear hissa takes the chance to play his "Turbulent Titans" in open league!

Would have been great fun playing a developed chaos in open league and play tag a bit with their Mino and my dogs! Smile
Thats not too important though, im just glad to hear a coach and a team with some perspective moves up to open league.

Koadah decided the "Madness" is too developed so they wont play in the 145er anymore. And im fine with that decision. Smile I have to see, where that leaves me at. Love the club and thing, but at the same time i feel it might not do me good.
I got a bit too attached to the lil' 145er club i guess, since its such a special thing to fumbbl imho.
Not enjoying rookie teams or having a lot of rosters, not good enough or too keen atm to play stunties, i have to see where i'll go from here.

@Chirpy

As said, i guess thats up for koadah to decide. I always had an eye on the playoff contenders and never felt im that good compared to them. Cipher could beat me any day i feel for instance (not with his pesky norse though, they will always die when they face me ^^, last match i blacked out completely).

Anyway, to be true, i cant see what point you are trying to express chirpy. Was there a discussion on more exerienced coaches? If there was, i wasnt included or notified. Or the truth is, there wasnt much of a discussion worth to speak about? As its mostly the case in a very dynamic league like this? I dont know - just can say i was always interested in having a balanced environment where the focus is on turning rookies into dedicated fumbbl members.
If i was seen by some of you coaches as someone who should have choosen tier teams, i can only say nobody ever said a single word to me about it.

Anyway, im just happy to see you guys posting, expressing your views - so to make the most of your 145er and fumbbl experience! Smile

@yug
Will have a look shortly, though i wont have a chance to stomp them. Their introduction surely called for matches of that kind. Anyway, good luck for the team and coach yug. Smile
outcast

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2014 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Just re-applied with my Khemri team "Judge Dead"... looking forward to getting smashed!
hissa-lives

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2014 - 10:42 Reply with quote Back to top

could we end the league early?? am very surprise to find myself in top 4! and figure is the only way I can stay there Laughing
headrippers

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2014 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

can i enter my team please
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2014 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

Welcome.

Create a new team in the [L]eague division then sign them up here: https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=3180&p=members

We're almost done for this season but you can hopefully get a few games in to get ready for next season.

Good luck

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2014 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I applied the orc team Scented Candles to the Rookie Cup, I'm not sure if it showed up.

Tomorrow is when the new season starts, right?
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2014 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Thursday kick off!

Scented Candles wlll be in.

Other newcomers may sign up here:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=3180&p=members

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2014 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Here are my Teams for the upcoming season!
League Season XXIX
Open League > [145]Pyramiden Schubser
Rookie > BCC Handkäs Squad
OpT1mUs

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2014 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's my team for Rookie league - Blazin 420s, although I'm not sure how do I apply for Rookie league specifically, I am in the homegroup though...
albinv

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2014 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Applied my "Jolly Jokerz FC" to OL and will create Gobbos and apply them to Rookie tomorrow.
If there should be a problem with my "Jokerz'" for OL please give me a hint koadah (i'll pm you anyway, in case you dont read this, asking if they are ok to go).

Yeah, so thats it, Gobbos for Rookie and Mice for OL! Hope we'll all have a good season and i do hope i'll get approved still. I reckon im late, so pardon for that. Embarassed
mike467

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2014 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

OpT1mUs -
Koadah will drop your team into the Rookie league automatically based on TV, so you need do no more.
albinv -
My Snotlings (and maybe the Ogres too)are ready to take on those rats of yours when we kick off ;o).
I also will be bringing Gobbo's to the rookie league so should be plenty of weapons flying around!
 Jump to: