19 coaches online • Server time: 03:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post Designer's Comm...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
westerner

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2008 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Appreciate all the input. My team had some good early experiences in [R] passing up ghouls and renting the Count (he's a powerhouse). But once into 125+ TR people started to be more reluctant to play me when I had the Count plus my DP's.

I got the Rent-a-Count concept from the user guide (credit Plorg). I still like the idea, but I agree with SillySod that it may be better suited for Smacks than [R] given my current playstyle.

Thanks!

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2008 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Should be a viable approach for the blackbox then - no difficulty getting games (and I guess we'll see more wizards there).
SillySod

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2008 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Point, saving the team for the blackbox might be worth consiodering.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2015 - 06:04 Reply with quote Back to top

ARISE! ARISE OLD STICKY THREAD!
ARISE AND BEAR WITNESS TO THE NEGLECT OF UNDEAD STRATEGY CHANGES SINCE THE CHANGEOVER FROM LRB4 TO CRP!
ARISE AND SPUR THE FUMBBL COMMUNITY INTO UPDATING THIS STRATGEY GUIDE! ARISE!
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2015 - 06:07 Reply with quote Back to top

So... what has changed? How are Undead different?
What must one do to overcome the new obstacles of the current ruleset?
What changes are new areas of the rules to exploit for this roster?
What is he NEW WAY to run this OLD TEAM?
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2015 - 07:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, renting the Count is right out. He is nowhere near as dominant as he used to be. And now if you want to induce him out of your own cash you are pretty certain to give the other guy at least a Wizzard in return.

Just

Get

Ghouls

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2015 - 07:44 Reply with quote Back to top

^^ yeah, this. the count got big time nerfed (not sure why).

undead need a couple of developed ghouls. not sure i'd run with 4, unless you are using a14/15 man roster.

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2015 - 07:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice necro.

Also dirty player zombies are no longer that great. LRB4 used to be all about the foul. Now its all about the CPOMB.

And count used to cost 90k in this way ( i think it was?)

Oscar Wilde
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2015 - 07:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Dirty Player Zombies are good. Not the powerhouse they used to be, but good. You need Ghouls because you need a TPOMB Wight and another Wight with T/MB at least (and either Guard or PO if you're lucky) for removal. Ghouls are awesome players with big targets on their chests. Sure, they die sometimes, but they start with Dodge and pick up Block quickly, and then they're not all that fragile if you're careful about how you use them.

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2015 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks. I dabbled in the Black Arts while at University and almost Double Minored in it before I decided I just needed to graduate and that I could always go back for other things I wanted to study. 15 years and many demonic encounters later I still tend to reserve my necromancy for the greater good of Blood Bowl.

Grod wrote:
Nice necro.

Also dirty player zombies are no longer that great. LRB4 used to be all about the foul. Now its all about the CPOMB.

And count used to cost 90k in this way ( i think it was?)
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2015 - 09:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Any thoughts on the use of Wrestle in this roster?

What is the 2nd Double on a Mummy should you be so lucky? Block has to be #1 right?

How would you skill your Mummy anyway? Assume only Normal Rolls.
To me Guard and Stand Firm and Grab seem to make sense.
Piling On - seems like something you can use once and then your Mummy is almost useless the rest of the half.
Break Tackle - Where is he going?
Juggernaut - Who is he going to get to for making the Block?
Thick Skull - Does it do enough to be worth taking?
What am I leaving out?
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2015 - 09:10 Reply with quote Back to top

One Wrestle Ghoul is great. 3 Ghouls are usually enough, otherwise too many easy targets. Wrestle Zombies, some coaches spam them to assist with the fouling game, paired with a deep bench and some Dp. However, I've found that giving Block to Zombies is really good, too, it makes them Rookie Dwarf Blockers for most purposes!

Mummies I like Guard + Stand Firm, SF can be a real pain on an ST5 as it disencourages 1d and -2d blocks. But you see coaches using Grab, BT, PO and even Multiple Block with success. I think I'd go for BT 3rd skill. Other coaches are known to cycle Mummies if they don't roll doubles at 2nd skill. 2nd double has many good options but Tackle and Dodge stand out (always depending on what the rest of your team looks like). I've also seen good use of Frenzy Mummies.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2015 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Wrestle: 1 Ghoul.

Mummy 2 doubles: Blodge, pairs with Guard and SF. Take one +MA on a Mummy if you can: MA4 Mummies can stand up and blitz without a GFI. But not over Blodge.

Mummy normals: Guard, SF, BT, PO, Grab on normals: doubles and stats just fit right in, both Mumz build the same way. BT is better than you'd think, really makes people think about their caging when you can dodge into 2 TZ with ST5 to get to the ball.

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2015 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
Wrestle: 1 Ghoul.

Mummy 2 doubles: Blodge, pairs with Guard and SF. Take one +MA on a Mummy if you can: MA4 Mummies can stand up and blitz without a GFI. But not over Blodge.

Mummy normals: Guard, SF, BT, PO, Grab on normals: doubles and stats just fit right in, both Mumz build the same way. BT is better than you'd think, really makes people think about their caging when you can dodge into 2 TZ with ST5 to get to the ball.

All of this +1

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2015 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

^^ seems solid to me.

To add, Guard on zombie doubles. It's amazing the difference what a few sneaky zombie guarders make.

And skelingtons suck balls. Don't use them, unless you have one as a comedy mascot.

Jump to: