42 coaches online • Server time: 15:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Inscription JBL Sais...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which Star should I purchase?
Morg
37%
 37%  [ 19 ]
Borak
15%
 15%  [ 8 ]
Ripper
13%
 13%  [ 7 ]
Minotard
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Chainsaw
11%
 11%  [ 6 ]
None
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Some other crazy combo possibly involving cheerleaders and a wiz
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Pie
13%
 13%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 51

Lewdgrip

Post   Posted: May 18, 2010 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Morg and Wizard
bxnyc

Post   Posted: May 18, 2010 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

This match up looks stiff against an experienced coach. Bring all the firepower you can. you need somthing that can take punishment (?) and somthing that can stop a score (wizard)
stej

Post   Posted: May 19, 2010 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

So, is morg worth the extra K for the +AG and +MV and block over Ripper? Im thinking of making him the ball carrier when I receive. Should be hard to take down.

So many options, so little time to choose! The massive CR difference makes me doubt my own abilities but I am a team builder and not a game winning type of player.

Will a wiz be e/affective agaisnts AG3?? Im spoilt for choice. Arghggh decsion overload!!

Match is on Thurs at 7 ish so all, please come watch and boo my final deciaion
PainState

Post   Posted: May 19, 2010 - 04:08 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
It's leijonet.

Hire Morg AND Ripper.

Than kill his team and eat his liver.

It;s better than he deserves.

This is the real plan.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2010 - 04:40 Reply with quote Back to top

ripper n wiz
Leijonet

Post   Posted: May 19, 2010 - 06:37 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
It's leijonet.

Hire Morg AND Ripper.

Than kill his team and eat his liver.

It;s better than he deserves.

Sad

Leijonet -Winging justice since 6/9-08
spelledaren

Post   Posted: May 19, 2010 - 06:51 Reply with quote Back to top

You have good hitters, what you need is staying power. Ripper is good value for money.

Wiz? Dunno, always good...

Post   Posted: May 19, 2010 - 07:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Yea, wiz is always good... oh wait

Position the fireball template.
[ESC] to cancel.
Fireball rolls:
TARGET: 1 --- ROLL: 1
Grinning Wrath manages to dodge the blast.
TARGET: 2 --- ROLL: 2
Bonehead manages to dodge the blast.
TARGET: 3 --- ROLL: 3
Wastenott IV manages to dodge the blast.
stej

Post   Posted: May 20, 2010 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I went with ripper and the Wiz and was victorious (although the wiz didnt get used) Had I gone with Morg I may have stopped the first TD (2d against and I had no block so ripper went down) but, who knows what else may have happened Smile

Thanks for the input guys!
stej

Post   Posted: May 28, 2010 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, so my GLT run comes to an end in unsatisfactory fashion. Losing on a coin toss is a harsh experience. Still, was a fun and enjoyable game so no harm done.

Now my monstyer CW has finaly got his next skill and hasnt aged! He was all lined up to get block but has gone and rolled a double. He has become my ball handler thanks to his +ST and +AG but now I am unsure what to go for. With the double I was thinking dodge but at high TR there is often a lot of tackel and, now the quals are over, ill probably be back in the scheduled smacks facing a lot of dorfs and orcs so tacle will be plentyfull.

Another option is ignore the double and take sure hands, go for a mutation (tentacles or FA spring to mind) or go crazy and take leap for that good old cage breaking death from above early funeral.

So, any pointers?
maysrill

Post   Posted: May 28, 2010 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

With ST5, Tents seems like a good option. Your team is OK on Tackle, but a way to actually STOP elves, and hold them for further bashing, should help a lot. And you can still use him as a ball handler/retriever on offense, if you want. Personally, I prefer a beastman carrying the ball in general anyway, though with your only +AG being a CW, I can see why you'd have him handle it.

As for cage-breaking, keep in mind that caving in one corner of the cage and parking a ST5 Tents guy in there can be nearly as effective as forcing your way directly for a hit on the ball, and less likely to splat.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
stej

Post   Posted: May 28, 2010 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Good point about the cage caving there. Especiialy as I have an abundance of ST4 guard which could make the Tents guy hard to move
Reisender

Post   Posted: May 28, 2010 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

dodge combines nicely with your stat ups, you could take block sure hand later and make him a great ballcarrier
leap is a "tactical fear generator" and always great (see PeteWs reasoning of not necessarily leaping but threatening to leap)
tentacles are nice (and lots of fun) but would only start to be really good once you have block (as you can be pushed aways easily by a -2db without block)

rest is a waste
Eghost

Post   Posted: May 28, 2010 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

tents and no block is kinda useless, -2db blocks on them its so easy to push them away or even down em. Only 1/9 chance of a skull on -2db with reroll.
propuppetmaster

Post   Posted: May 28, 2010 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Stand Firm for free dodging and surf avoidance!
 Jump to: