51 coaches online • Server time: 00:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post It's almost tim...goto Post Claw/MB
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
joebear

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2012 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

The fluff was confusing! Oh no! My writing skills are seriously lacking. I'll try to edit for clarity when I get back from my doctor's appointment.

As for balance issues, I see the points raised. I was considering knocking down on the number of dwarves and making them bone-headed (or even give them take root, which would be fun and I could see making sense. something about their magma cooling and hardening to the ground). Is is okay for the dwarves not to have stunty, or should they have it?

Then I'd add an extra 0-2 positional called construct-riders. The story for those would be that the Flamekin continually collect war machine scraps, even when the Orb is complete, and they'd use the parts to build these death-trap mini-war machines (decay and no regeneration to reflect how jankety they were constructed). The Flamekin keep adding on more and more parts, thus mutation access. Those could be the players with G access as well..

As for AG4, I kind of want to keep it, because I kind of want it to be the team's thing. What if the Firekin had absurdly low AV (thus they can be snuffed out like a candle, easy write-in). That would certainly make the team unique.

Also, what do you think about the Orb's double nega-trait? I thought that would make it sufficiently wonky for a giant ball of death that can be thrown. I'll cut it down to 4 strength and remove G access for good measure. (I kind of wanted to give him Nurgle's rot, just it would ONLY work for stunties and they'd become Flamekin, but I figured that's probably a no-no)

Try this on for size...

Roster:

0-16 Firekin 30,000 5/1/4/4 A
Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty, Nerves of Steel, Regeneration

0-4 Smolder Dwarf 80,000 4/2/3/8 SP
Strong Arm, Throw Teammate, Dauntless, Thick Skull, Regeneration, Bone-Head

0-2 Flamekin Construct-Rider 50,000 6/3/2/7 GM
Decay, Juggernaut

0-1 Doom Orb 100,000 5/4/1/10 S
Wild Animal, Blood Lust, No Hands, Jump Up, Right Stuff, Thick Skull, Mighty Blow, Disturbing Presence, Regeneration

Apo: No

Re-rolls: 60,000

Last edited by joebear on %b %12, %2012 - %19:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2012 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I LIKE all the new rosters. Make mine seem a lot more reasonable by comparison Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2012 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

cameronhawkins wrote:
I agree with Nelphine that Ag4 Stunties are a big no...

Oops. Didn't see your post. I was typingup my post while you posted. I'll consider those items after the doctor's...
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2012 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
I LIKE all the new rosters. Make mine seem a lot more reasonable by comparison Smile

Ah, Sigmar.... wishful thinking...
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2012 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

as a note, the dwarves already have GA access, which I think is odd. I thought they should become just G access.

I didn't notice the bloodlust on the doom orb; I agree that WA + BL is super super bad, and my previous comments were based on it only having WA.

So, my personal incarnation of the Doom Orb:

0-1, 100k Doom Orb
3/4/5/9, Wild Animal, Mighty Blow, Jump Up, No Hands, Disturbing Presence, Right Stuff, Thick Skull, Regeneration, SM access

Changes to Doom Orb: Lose Bloodlust, but drop to S4. I agree with many of the points that cameronhawkins made, and so I like giving it the agi 5 to let you attack whoever you want with it. However, I think either it needs to be MA 6, or it needs Jump Up, because otherwise (when it does go down, and with S4, it will go down) it doesn't do enough as your primary blitzer. Personally I think MA 6 would be too much, so I give it MA 3 + Jump Up. I've also dropped AV to 9, because AV 10 is annoyingly dumb (see Skryre Slaves, who I won't play against any more.) I don't really like decay, nor do I like Bloodlust.

Since the dwarves have G access (at the moment), I don't think the Doom Orb needs it; instead I give it M access, and now it can do all kinds of strange builds + it gives the team a big guy killer if it takes claw, which I think teams should have (either saws or claw, and this team doesn't need a saw).

Edit: apparently things are changing, OR I can't read. If that is the case, then perhaps the whole G access thing is wrong.

As a note in that case, I don't think ANY player in Stunty Leeg should get GS access. (See hated team above.)
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2012 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine... just to clarify.... his original roster (still up) only gave the Dwarves Strength and Passing access on normal rolls, with the St5 Orb being the only player on the roster to get General skills. Perhaps it's a matter of taste, but that doesn't seem too powerful-- a Strigoyan Lord has the same thing going on.... plus 4 Vamps with G access.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2012 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

oh i do forget about the Strig lord. Yeah he's not so bad, so you do have an argument there. And especially if the dwarves don't have G access, then yeah, you could probably give the Orb GS at S4.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2012 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Why don't you do 2 rosters? 1 for regular league and 1 for stunty.

WA and OFAB IMO is crippling. You may as well give him ST 88

Edit: Actually no I don't (think it's crippling). However ST 5 I think is fine.
Severedunit

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2012 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems to me the Old World is a very very large place and there just may be races unknown to us who dream of the mayhem of the pitch.

I say bring on the new teams,fluff, ect.

I'd love to be in a League with all new races doing battle in a remote corner of the world where Dorfs,Elves and Humans dare not tread!
joebear

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2012 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok. I made my first edit. I'd say overall it's a significant team nerf. Note that I didn't edit the fluff for clarity yet. I really want to keep the AG 4 on the Firekin if possible. I think there is a way to do it without making the team strong. I think it would really set the team apart from other stunty rosters.

On the Doom Orb: I wanted to make him sufficiently powerful and unreliable. I'm not sure if Wild Animal and Blood Lust have ever been programmed together on here before, but I'd imagine the Wild Animal roll happens first, and then if it passes he must pass a Blood Lust roll. I like the janketyness of throwing your giant in the backfield, knowing full well that there's a decent risk of him ending up off the pitch due to BL. It should be as risky as it is spectacular. Also, I obviously have no idea about the power level of GS access in the Leeg. Is it really so bad to have a single G access unreliable player?

In any case, good discussion so far! I really appreciate your insight. This is fun!
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2012 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Joebear-- I'm not saying your ideas aren't brilliant, but it stands to reason that they could only be improved by a wider perspective.

Go create some [S] teams-- say, 3, and play ~5 games with each.
Personally, I think Scryre Slaves might be the most interesting roster in all of Blood Bowl.
Squig Herders and Horrors of Tzeentch are fantastic too. Together, they really show the full extent of all that is possible in the game.

There only seem to be a few active stunty coaches, but most (including myself) will jump at any opportunity for a game.

And, as an added bonus, you'll get less hostile verbal excrement from people in the form of things like "You haven't done ____ at this site, therefore all your thoughts are worthless."
joebear

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2012 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

cameronhawkins wrote:
Joebear-- I'm not saying your ideas aren't brilliant, but it stands to reason that they could only be improved by a wider perspective.

Go create some [S] teams-- say, 3, and play ~5 games with each.
Personally, I think Scryre Slaves might be the most interesting roster in all of Blood Bowl.
Squig Herders and Horrors of Tzeentch are fantastic too. Together, they really show the full extent of all that is possible in the game.

There only seem to be a few active stunty coaches, but most (including myself) will jump at any opportunity for a game.

And, as an added bonus, you'll get less hostile verbal excrement from people in the form of things like "You haven't done ____ at this site, therefore all your thoughts are worthless."

Will do. Care to play against my brand spankin' new Chaos Flings?
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2012 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

joebear wrote:
I really want to keep the AG 4 on the Firekin if possible.

I put AG4 on an 0-2 ST1 AV5 positional and the collective freak out was pretty hilarious. So, no way in hell is an AG4 lino gonna fly. IF you make the AG4 a very restricted positional it MIGHT have a chance (and I doubt it).

joebear wrote:
Will do. Care to play against my brand spankin' new Chaos Flings?

Oh yeah, we shoulda mentioned not to play any of the 'broken' teams (the ones with secret weapons which currently are immune from ejection) as many stunty players won't play vs. them.

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2012 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

After playing my first stunty game ever (go ahead, roll your eyes, I know you want to), I made the adjustments everybody said I should make. I'm so main-stream. I'm going to fix up the fluff a bit at some point, but I'm not touching the design aspects of the team again until I play 20 or so stunty games. (Lest I should annoy the crap out of everybody on these forums).
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2012 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Along with playing stunty, you'll need to play test the team too.

Fluffwise: You need to start of describing the land, not about some battle that you then don't reference, but then go on to talk about a different battle.

Needs to be taken out of the Old World. The Old World is well mapped out, and wouldn't have a place like this. Dark Lands maybe?

The Slaaneshi army attacks the dwarfs then puts up a valiant defence. Isn't it the other way around?

You described how firekin are created, but not really the Dwarfs. They seemed to be just there.

It's mainly the background information that I struggled on. Once you go on to the actual creatures and how the team worked, and joining BB leagues, that wasn't hard to follow.
 Jump to: