38 coaches online • Server time: 09:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Convince a friend to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Well of course my enthusiam is curbed by the fact that the Cfling needs to get chunked by a Wild Animal...so 50/50 fail chance. And the Goblin has a 1/6 chance of getting eaten.

Side question...if a troll eats a chainsaw...does he have to take a AV check with a +3 modifier? No?...that is not in the spirit of STUNTY I say.

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm... I Still feel pretty upset about this. But, it's not under my control.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

The Spawn have Always Hungry too, so they can also get eaten. My CFlings lost their first two Head Carvers that way.

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Other side thought...if you throw a Chainsaw and he hits another player...that is a AV check...so Would he take the +3 on the AV roll? Then he bounces and hits another guy and he takes a AV +3 roll and then your chainsaw hits the ground and takes a AV +3 check....The potential for 3 RIP on a Chainsaw TTM dervish of death is then in the works.

If you dont think this is a good tactic...then that is not proper Stunty Blood Bowl your playing.

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

oryx wrote:

Let me guess, Odster broke in a few of your rookies? Very Happy

If you are upset that a Goblin with a chainsaw hurt a few players and you still won 2-0 then you're in for a rough ride in Stunty. Enjoy the mayhem and insanity. And if you are playing Skink, make sure you work out a deal for bulk J-man hiring to make it cheaper over time. Wink
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

oryx wrote:
Let's just say, not all teas have access to a guy that gives you +3/+! on fouls for 50k. Who thought that was a good idea?

Foul. Singular. If you are lucky.

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd much rather have a Goblin Kicker for fouling than a chainsaw, even one with dirty player. Dirty Player and no secret weapon roll on a starting player is ridiculous in Stunty. (Assuming you don't kill both of them during your match in a ridiculous dicing.)
MisterFurious

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I induced Odster a couple of times with my squigs. The first time, he tore it up and I credit him for my win. The second time, he didn't do much at all. He's good, and perhaps a little undercosted, but he's not so good it's worth getting upset about. He's a chainsaw with loner and secret weapon. There's a LOT that can go wrong with that. This is one of those all too common cases of people looking at only the good and ignoring the bad.

And on a side note, I believe Squigs are more bark than bite. I thought perhaps they could be too good, so I tried them out myself and found them to be more frustrating than fun. Yes, they can have games were they go on a tear and destroy the opposing team, but those games are few and far between. Most of the time, they just destroy themselves. Most of my wins were simply due to bad luck or bad plays on my opponents' part and had nothing to do with anything I did. I ended up retiring my team despite having a squig with Block, one with +AG and one with +ST. I just couldn't handle it any more.
oryx

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that's basically the same conclusion I came to. I felt like it was a pretty even match before odster was hired, got really frustrated and indignant after, and much after, realized that having no negatraits is more of an advantage than you can easily make up for with a dp saw.

Still think he's undercosted.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

oryx wrote:

I imagine winning the match helps mitigate your pain.

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
No, there isn't. He doesn't have Right Stuff. CFling saws do though, and the Spawn have TTM...
Spawn have TTM in theory. It's 1x/turn and 4+ to try.

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
xnoelx wrote:
No, there isn't. He doesn't have Right Stuff. CFling saws do though, and the Spawn have TTM...
Spawn have TTM in theory. It's 1x/turn and 4+ to try.

I take it you didn't read page 2 of the thread then? WA was mentioned by PainState, and then I pointed out that they also have Always Hungry, so it's actually 4+, 2+ before you even roll the throw.
oryx

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
oryx wrote:

I imagine winning the match helps mitigate your pain.

Sort of. I nuffled him, so, it is what it is. With good dice, any team can win.
 Jump to: