46 coaches online • Server time: 12:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Cindy Piewhistle
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2014 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat wrote:
And, right - only "Magic Items" are implemented atm (altho' there was a rumour that (at least) "Dirty Tricks" would be added in the next update - which due... real soon...)

Most of the Dirty Tricks are indeed working in the test environment.

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2014 - 05:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Where the Dirty Tricks!
Smeat

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2014 - 05:55 Reply with quote Back to top

DeZigma wrote:
is this DICE or is this a CARD game?

It's a game with a LOT of randomizers. A coin toss to start, cards, dice - just feel lucky we don't ro-sham-bo. Wink

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Badoek

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2014 - 08:17 Reply with quote Back to top

rock paper scissors mmmmm

OT: Like someone said, 70-80% babe. I haven't played with dorfs but I guess the bashier teams are more likely to get a card. Also if your lower AV team doesn't have any real stars and a large bench it might be an option. That Sure-Hands cards is a good card to get if you want to skill up a specific player.

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2014 - 09:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I take a card sometimes just for fun. Most of the time it is either something useless or maybe even harmful (Beguiling Brace on low AG team), but every now and then it can be something that can change the game. I remember a game where I got a full 8 turns of use Gikta's (+1 ST for the drive, -ST rest of the game) and had lots of fun blitzing with my strength augmented player.
Grod

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2014 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually one issue with magic cards - you have to pick them from a different screeen and first up, before other inducements. Would be nice to choose to buy them with left over cash, particularly in those cases where there is massive inducement money to spend...

Oscar Wilde
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2014 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I seem to remember this discussion in testing at some point and iirc the rules book does say somewhere that if cards are used they are selected prior to inducments.

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2014 - 10:27 Reply with quote Back to top

if you have a killer on the team there are some cards that are better than a babe but its so a gamble with little chance of getting them compared to some thing useless. with a babe you know what you get and what you get is good.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2014 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Had Eclipse from Miscellaneous Mayhem in a table top game this weekend. Turned all the players on the pitch into rookie Goblins. Lasts for your turn & your opponents next turn.

Highly amusing, I had mummies that could move 6 squares & dodge for a turn!

Not really game changing, though it might have been in the right situation but it was fun.

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2014 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

No, they aren't and last time I chose a card it was bugged (Magic Codpiece) and lost a Blitz-Ra after a Troll piled on him.
Very Happy
Mossbeard

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2014 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Magic item cards are a lot of fun to induce. I have been playing some stunty matches with big TV differences. If I have 500-1000 to spend I always grab two or three cards. Not so much if I only have 50 to spent though.

I also thought the Magic Codpiece card was bugged last time I had that one as claw seemed to be applied to his armour roll, but wasn't sure as my player never got injured.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2014 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a Black Cup match with a huge TV difference coming up and therefor checked the cards again. Turns out that my team could benefit from pretty much each of them. There are still better inducements, but it looks like I'll have 50k left (after purchasing Babes), so I'll probably go for a card.

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2014 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I took cards in my GLT Semi-final. It was a special case - but the way I lose was to the ST 4 AG 6 wardancer - so one of the cards that would help protect my ballcarrier from the wardancer was worth the cost and it did end up helping in the game.

So, while generally I avoid cards, sometimes they are worth the money.
 Jump to: