79 coaches online • Server time: 20:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Request to Maintain ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Best use of a +ST Slann blitzer (in general) ?
A BC
15%
 15%  [ 5 ]
A pure sacker (leap to sack the BC)
57%
 57%  [ 19 ]
A Pomber
27%
 27%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 33

Lorebass

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2014 - 01:46
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
...what I need the most is a decent carnage blitzer

That and now he also has the chance of becoming a STR 5 Slann blitzer.
Relezite

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2014 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

You've got that +ag linefrog, and he'll be a great hawk with wrestle/strip ball.

Thing is though that the +st dude needs to be a threat to the ball. He leaps on a 3+ and its fine that you dont want him to actually leap in there too much, but the fact that you COULD leap at the ball carrier will affect your opponents strategy in your favor greatly, which is why I would start block/tackle instead of block/dodge.

For sure though, feed him spp ASAP to get block because without it, his +ST is technically a bloat.
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2014 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems Blodge/Stand Firm to go with his DT might work out well, if you use him for ball swarm to set up a much easier ball shot the following turn

Rabe

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2014 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I'd go Block -> Dodge -> Tackle. I agree it would be good to keep him as a generalist with the two overall strongest skills. After that - barring more stat increases - Tackle makes him a better hitter and a better marker, and not easy to remove. Stand Firm/Side Step after that.

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2014 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Make him a hitter imo: Block, tackle, MB, PO
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2014 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

However you are going to skill him, right now he needs to be your ball carrier so he can score TD's. If you just sit around and wait for the SPP's to come your TV will climb. And it will be harder and harder to skill him and at st4 at a higher TV he will be all bloat and a liability without block.

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2014 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

As others have said before, blodge side step will make him a VERY annoying player to deal with. Get him next to the enemy ball carrier, and most of the time that ball carrier will have to stand still while you get your dedicated ball sacker in position.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2014 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

<nods>

Even before he gets Guard (which sets up the Blitz), putting a Blodgestepper DT player next to the ballcarrier usually locks them in place. Your oppo often has to use their Blitz just to free the ballcarrier, and not to advance the cage.

Hilarious (depending which side you're on). Wink

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2014 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat wrote:
<nods>

Even before he gets Guard (which sets up the Blitz), putting a Blodgestepper DT player next to the ballcarrier usually locks them in place. Your oppo often has to use their Blitz just to free the ballcarrier, and not to advance the cage.

This will be particularly annoying because of the higher strength. If your enemy tries blitzing this guy away from the ballcarrier without any other assists by only a strength three player, it will only be a one dice blitz. With Side Step and without wrestle/tackle, only a POW would be able to free up the ball carrier.
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2014 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

notbobby125 wrote:
Smeat wrote:
<nods>

This will be particularly annoying because of the higher strength. If your enemy tries blitzing this guy away from the ballcarrier without any other assists by only a strength three player, it will only be a one dice blitz. With Side Step and without wrestle/tackle, only a POW would be able to free up the ball carrier.

Yeah this is what I was thinking precisely.

Jeffro
 Jump to: