24 coaches online • Server time: 08:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post Designer's Comm...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2014 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Up to 3 block dice, 1 D9 scatter dice, a couple of D6's.
I think the answer to the question "How many dice are rolled in a blood bowl match?" is 6 Smile

Then again, my obviously silly answer is probably wrong!

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2014 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Wotfudboy wrote:
Up to 3 block dice, 1 D9 scatter dice, a couple of D6's.
I think the answer to the question "How many dice are rolled in a blood bowl match?" is 6 Smile

Then again, my obviously silly answer is probably wrong!

Definitely wrong.
You're missing the D16 for the MVP...

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2014 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Scatter's a D9?!
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2014 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Tymless wrote:
If I remember right, in the lrb4 client you could open a game result file and it would tell you exactly how many of each dice you rolled.
for example it would say. 1=36, 2=42, 3=65, 4=82, 5=90, 6=53

But with the new client I don't know if we have the ability to look at our results and see the dice rolled. Definitly something Christer could do, but there are more things on the list more important I would say. Like I want the awards back first =)

This. Although I remember the numbers being much closer overall. Even in one-sided games had similar number of rolls for each digit, just one coach got lucky the other not.

I quite liked the luck meter although it appeared to be completely out of kilter with the game at times Smile
Endzone

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2014 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I think the 'completion' style luck meter (which by the way I would love to se back) is more relevant than a breakdown of the number of 1's, 2's 3's etc. rolled. If I am attempting a 2+ dodge the only think that matters is whether I roll 2+. In this case a 6 is no better (so no luckier) than a 2. Similarly, on a 2 dice block, double POW is no better (and therefore no luckier) than POW/Skull. Just two of numerous examples.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2014 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Scatter's a D9?!

On a 9 the ball deflates/pops.

Seeing the rolls would be great to get an idea if you were really lucky or not. The stat monsters will lap it up.

I think following the great, recent client improvements the big FUMBBL priority on Kalimar's side other than major bug fixes should be a scaleable client. With more and more people wanting to use tiny screens and some using bigger screens it will help a lot of people out.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2014 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Do you want to bring back the luck-meter?

YES

I do -- I loved that thing!

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2014 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe you can cut/paste game logs immediately after playing the match, but they're not cut-able from the replay. I always mean to cut and save my logs so I can parse them later but always forget. A GREAT service to the Fumbbl community would be for some enterprising coder to build a simple log parser for this purpose...

+1 on the luck meter...
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2014 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Endzone wrote:
If I am attempting a 2+ dodge the only think that matters is whether I roll 2+. In this case a 6 is no better (so no luckier) than a 2.

The flaw in this way of calculating luck is that if I rolled a 6 (with target roll: 6) and you rolled a 2 (with target roll: 2+) we both managed to perform our actions but actually I was more lucky than you.
The luckmeter wouldn't notice that and would display the same amount of luck for both of us.
PainState

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2014 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Endzone wrote:
If I am attempting a 2+ dodge the only think that matters is whether I roll 2+. In this case a 6 is no better (so no luckier) than a 2.

The flaw in this way of calculating luck is that if I rolled a 6 (with target roll: 6) and you rolled a 2 (with target roll: 2+) we both managed to perform our actions but actually I was more lucky than you.
The luckmeter wouldn't notice that and would display the same amount of luck for both of us.

Well, in the end the context of the luck is the most important factor, which a luckmeter cannot calculate.

If I just dodge away a guy in a ho hum corner of the pitch for the hell of it needing to roll a 6+ to dodge out, no one really cares about that.

Now if I need a 6+ to dodge in for the game winning score and roll that 6, well Iam a lucky bastard and my opponent goes flying off the rails in chat.

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2014 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, I forgot.

+1 to bringing back a luck O meter.

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2014 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Well, in the end the context of the luck is the most important factor, which a luckmeter cannot calculate.

It's trivial for a luckmeter to "weight" luck in the final assessment.

Succeeding at a 2+ roll, or finding a knockdown on 3 dice, is much less "lucky" than doing so on a 5+ or on -2d - and that can be factored into the math. Whether or not the old luckmeter did that, I dunno.

It just takes some thinking and effort (and possibly a knowledge of statistics), and there might better things to apply that time & effort to.

(But I miss the luckmeter too.) Crying or Very sad

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
PainState

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2014 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

The issue that always arises from any discussion about a Luck O Meter is that it gets dragged down by guys with MD's in statistics.

Keep it simple, this is Blood Bowl, you make it to complex, well, my brain cannot handle it.

Simple? what do you mean?

Well everybody starts at 0 as a base line. Every action that is a success is +1, every action that is a fail is a -1 and every action that is rerolled is counted twice.

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2014 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

The PBeM client that plasmoid uses for his league :http://midgardbb.com/NTBBL/ tracks dice rolls and give you a breakdown at the end. I don't recall how many of the other rolls it tracks (scatter, etc.). You could ask him about that.

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2014 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is what my Stat sheet looked like from back in the day when I kept stats on matches for the Buccaneers.

Buccaneers Game Day Stats
Total Blocks: 31
Succesfull Blocks: 23 (74%)
armor checks: 23
Armor Breaks: 13 (57%)
BH or better: 2 (15%)
Total Block DIce Rolled: 63
Skulls: 8 (13%)
Push Back: 18 (29%)
Dodge: 13 (21%)
Block: 8 (13%)
KaPowie: (25%)
Pick Ups: 1/1 (100%)
Dodge: 5/13 (38%)
Pass: 3/4 (75%)
Catch: 4/4 (100%)
G.F.I.: 2/3 (67%)
Turnovers: 6
Double Fail Turnovers: 2
Double SKulls: 0
Double 1's: 1
DOuble 2's: 1
ReRolls Used: 5
Skill ReRolls used: 0
Bone Head Rolls: 12/15 (80%)
Coin Flip: WON

*Missed 6 official Blocks: no idea were they went.
*BLock % was really good tonight.
*Elves were stout as the bucs managed to break armor 57% but the elves refused to get injured.
*Down to 5 Guys for 5 turns in the second half.
*Iam the greatist handi for the Scholars kept Dandy DOn off the field all night as he pouted and moaned about Krikack.
*Finally have a full roster after the game.

I did it by hand while the match was in progress, made comments at the end and also kept a file with all my match report stats compiled in one large grouping. At one point I had around 70 matches with stats all added up. I was surprised and not surprised that the "odds" for most actions for such a large sample were almost spot on for every action.