45 coaches online • Server time: 15:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Draft League Expansi...goto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Marasai

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2016 - 01:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I really appreciate all the solid advice out there. I will be sure to check out some other peoples games. I agree with kummo, commentary helps me figure stuff out.

I also feel the need to get back to basics some. Just take my games a lot slower and think out my turns more.

I think I've been around to long for 145 club anymore
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2016 - 01:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Not true. You are a perfect fit for 145 club and would be welcome. Send a PM to Throweck if you are in doubt.

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2016 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Really?
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2016 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

yes really, the 145 club is for new coaches, new comers to the site (to learn the client) or people with a poor CR. I have 3000+ games under my belt but I play like a n00b (ok mainly because I play for reasons as yet unfathomed but still you get the point) what the 145 club is not for is for very experienced coaches to pick their victims like in Ranked or Box (do not be misled that Box is random so they cannot pick on the less fortunate, the Box allows killer teams the games they need to build!).

Anyhoo that was a long winded way of saying PM Throweck

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2016 - 03:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Watch your opponents getting screwed over your good luck and fortune and realize that BB god Nuffle is tough on everyone, not just you. And it aint gonna change. The tides of luck will rip you out of your comfort zone every game. If you can't handle getting beat and beat up it's just not a good fit. BB is built to make your emotions boil, thats the whole fun about it.

Just try to get back into the game when you encounter bad luck and you just might cuz... you know.. Nuffle. But probably not. Probably you're just screwed.
Well anyways, good luck. Wink
thoralf

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2016 - 03:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Sit on your hands. Watch games. Take the red pill. No, the Blue one. Know Kung Fu.
fidius

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2016 - 04:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I experience 2 general sources of poor play: bad positioning, and taking bad risks. Watching replays will help with positioning, but if you want immediate results, start playing as boring a style as you can possibly stand. On defense, blitz the BC only when you have a clean 2d shot with no GFIs *and* can pick up the spilled ball before your opponent can. Hang back and wait. Build a fence. Stall. Play for the tie when necessary. And on offense, play defense. Cage the ball at all costs. Keep players scattered around the backfield when receiving and swarm the ball before the pickup. Stay together.

Many opponents (such as myself) will get bored of this tactic by Turn 5 and will start taking stupid risks to break the ennui. And you will win.
 Jump to: