37 coaches online • Server time: 12:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Has Cindy Piewhistle...goto Post Draft League Expansi...goto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What should I do?
Quit whining and take your lumps
28%
 28%  [ 6 ]
Quit whining and Rebuild your team
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
Quit whining and Play a different team
28%
 28%  [ 6 ]
Quit whining, quit the league and eat more PIE
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 21

Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2016 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
Maybe you and I should lead an AFC revolution and switch things up. I'll go gobbos if you go halfers Wink
Hey, if we do start getting some of the super heavy bashers to shift less bash heavy rosters, I'd be seriously tempted to bring Vamps back to the AFC, then again, the AFC South would probably leave me in shambles, as they did last season
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2016 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we should do a whole season where everyone is vamps

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2016 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
Joplin doesn't have to run into the kind of cpomb monsters that Miami does.

Agreed. My point was that Sutherlands plays Pact very well. Watching good players games is a good way to get out of a rut, and Suth's team should give a fairly good idea of what Pact can achieve with a beefy team.

Looking at Miami's last game vs CPOMB, there's at least one CPOMB build that should fear a LOS of 3 big guys.

Also, the four menz bench is what allowed Nurgz to summon Max.

Last edited by thoralf on %b %02, %2016 - %22:%Nov; edited 2 times in total
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2016 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like the AFC is broken with a lack of variety and a few entrenched powerhouses. NFC is where fun and variety lives.
licker

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2016 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

thoralf wrote:
licker wrote:
Joplin doesn't have to run into the kind of cpomb monsters that Miami does.

Agreed. My point was that Sutherlands plays Pact very well. Watching good players play is a very good way to get out of a rut, and Suth's team should give a fairly good idea of what Pact can achieve with a beefy team.

Looking at Miami's last game vs CPOMB, there's at least one CPOMB build that should fear a LOS of 3 big guys.

Also, two rookies on the bench is what allowed Nurgz to summon Max.

Oh, CD have horrific matchups vs high TV cpomb teams, they cannot put up anything on the LOS that doesn't get destroyed. Put up hobbers and you are eating 3x 3d blocks on them (all with MB), put up blockers and you are eating 3x claw/mb blocks...

It makes those games very dull actually, unless both sides armor/cas dice are just putrid, the games are always only about who gets the first wave of armor breaks, because the snow ball effect is ridiculous. Believe me, I've bemoaned that many times, at the top of the AFC you only have occasional showings from Oakland and San Dogo to break the monotony. But... that's the league, you accept it, and if you can't enjoy it, then it's just not for you, or you need to jump around to a bunch of different franchises with a bunch of different teams until you find something you can enjoy (Hi JR... Wink )

So Sutherlands plays high TV Nurgle in NBFL and is (in my opinion) the best team in the AFC year in and year out. Both due to him being an excellent coach, and due to Nurgz being totally stupid at high TV. Pact isn't really that stupid, they are limited in ways that Nurgz are not, but Pact bloats up so damn fast that their TV becomes seriously stupid, though as I said, not really bloated, because almost any build or skill stack is valuable, and stats on marauders (other than MA) make them seriously difficult to deal with.

I don't know that Bullroarer needs to learn to play better, but he may be in a rut, I don't really think so, I think it's just a bad streak (he did crush me anyway), they come and they go. The question is how much investment you have in your team to how you want to weather it. There is nothing wrong with changing teams in the NBFL, most people have done it at least once. Whatever keeps your interest up I say.
licker

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2016 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Sounds like the AFC is broken with a lack of variety and a few entrenched powerhouses. NFC is where fun and variety lives.

There is a difference, but NFC has its powerhouses too, they just aren't M teams, and the relative lack of M teams in the NFC allows them to survive season after season without having to do rebuilds too frequently.

AFCW is like that too, AFCE and AFCN kind of skew everything though.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2016 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

NFC

North:
Nurgle
High Elf
Slann
Dwarf

South:
High Elf
Pro Elf
Wood Elf
Lizardmen

East:
Pro Elf
Orc
Chaos Dwarf
Lizardmen

West:
Necro
Necro
Skaven
Pact

AFC

North:
Nurgle
Skaven
Pro Elf
Dwarf

South:
Undead
Necro
Pact
Orc

East:
Chaos Dwarf
Khemri
Pact
Dwarf

West:
Human
Dark Elf
Orc
Norse

5 NFC Elf Teams, a Slann team, both lizard teams.
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2016 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
I think we should do a whole season where everyone is vamps

Well, you will like the KPL reboot coming up in a week then.

Surprised Shocked Laughing Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2016 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you lose/tie to 1 turners? Maybe time to stop those chainpushes with skills like sidestep and standfirm.

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2016 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Teams not represented in NBFL:

Vampire
Halfling
Goblins
Ogre
Amazon
Chaos
Underworld

Teams with only 1 representative:

Slann 3-1-1
Norse 2-1-3
Human 3-3-0
Undead 2-4-0
Wood Elf 1-1-4
Dark Elf 3-1-2
Khemri 2-0-1

Teams with 2 representatives:

High Elf 6-2-4
Lizardmen 5-3-1
Chaos Dwarf 6-2-2
Nurgle 8-1-3

Skaven 5-2-5

Teams with 3 representatives:

Orc 5-5-6
Pro Elf 5-1-12
Necro 6-9-3
Dwarf 4-0-13
Pact 3-5-9

As of right now.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2016 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Dwarves, Pact, and Pelfs should go Humans Wink
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2016 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

This all changes so radically each season, as coaches leave, join, move divisions, and change races.

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2016 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
This all changes so radically each season, as coaches leave, join, move divisions, and change races.

One day the big bosses will see which candidates are the most reliable...

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2016 - 01:09
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Also in the league you see non-clawformist teams like my Detroilet where the core team is currently in the pestigors and i haz no claw.

But yes teams change alot, up until season 14 we had a huge lineup of 3 blodge/ss warriors and only the one star pesti with Marcus.

Games change, it stays fun.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2016 - 08:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Well as a neutral observer over the last year, on nights my insomnia has dictated, I'll stick my oar in with a few casual points here.

I'm not really that surprised that you have difficulty defending - a lot of the skills you need to hold the line vs bash are tied up in 3 unreliable players and the rest of the team is av8. Yeah, you have cpomb, but so do a lot of your competitors and of them plenty also come with av9/thickskull or regeneration.

The rest of the non-M bash is also in the position of being cheaper than you, since you run 3BG, which means that they effectively will end up getting the inducements to go some way to combating your claw, or neutering your capabilities on one drive depending on what they pick. There's also the fact that while they're all av7 to your cpombers, your entire team is still quite soft to a POMB block too, or even the boot.

Against agile teams you've got the same issue any bash team does in terms of stopping them, but added to it is the fact that, a few teams aside, even the agile teams in the NBFL are actually usually looking to bash for a fair part of their drive. Here you've got a bit of a problem as your three tacklers are (a) A big guy, (b) niggled and (c) -ma. All of these combined with the fact that you are almost always giving agile teams their choice of about 300+ TV in inducements is going to lead to difficulties.

Licker has the right of it in my opinion, insofar as that to me, the inter-divisional meta for your team closely resembles that of the box. Your team is prepared for bash first and foremost, but even then cannot be guaranteed to win simply due to the nature of those games, but also then struggles against agile and hybrid teams simply due to not being equipped thoroughly to deal with them, but also due to the intrinsic limitations of cpact (high tv, unreliability, average AV, animosity, average speed).

To me anyway, and this mirrors the box meta, you don't reliably beat sustained bash and maintain your chances by playing as more bash or agility - you do it by playing a hybrid race. Elves, as Licker described, basically go through the grinder in NBFL. Yes, there is an Elfball division this year, and it may actually end up with 1 team of 3 still alive at the end of it, but let's wait and see what happens there over a few seasons.

The thing is, of the hybrid races, the one I would've picked personally is necro, and there's a few of them popping up now, as too with skaven (although Brasky gave up on his). I'm not sure whether this might be the prompt of a slight change in meta, which would be something worth considering before you begin to think about changing race if that's what you end up wishing to do.