41 coaches online • Server time: 12:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MLenip

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2016 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Too be honest I'm more interested in the new board game, which I used to play and I believe is coming back, I still have some of my old models to make teams and original lead minatures of an ogre team, amongst others. I don't frequent steam forums mostly look at bbtactics but not much on ogres there.

The ogre article was interesting thanks. Oh I bought the old chaos online game in the £5 bargain bin for a bit of fun but physical models and real people are the main excitement about the game. Looking forward to a few tournaments in the uk

Thanks for the responses though, made an old bloke feel welcome Wink

I may have to start a team here if I can work out how
Uedder

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2016 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

You don't have to do anything but feel free to hop in and join the mayhem!

I have no experience of successful ogre teams(in crp) even with statfreaks and doubles etc...

I guess the best strategy is smash things and kill stuff. That's basically the only thing ogres can do reliably.

Play however it feels funny to you, no matter how sensible your strategy is or how well you play, you're still going to lose most games.

I suggest you go pro elves!
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2016 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

MLenip wrote:
Too be honest I'm more interested in the new board game, which I used to play and I believe is coming back, I still have some of my old models to make teams and original lead minatures of an ogre team, amongst others. I don't frequent steam forums mostly look at bbtactics but not much on ogres there.

The ogre article was interesting thanks. Oh I bought the old chaos online game in the £5 bargain bin for a bit of fun but physical models and real people are the main excitement about the game. Looking forward to a few tournaments in the uk

Thanks for the responses though, made an old bloke feel welcome Wink

I may have to start a team here if I can work out how

Welcome to FUMBBL!

Don't worry, most of us are old blokes too Very Happy

If you wanted to have a look at trying out a team or two on here, there's a Welcome to FUMBBL guide that covers most of the basics for you to get started quickly. It's a lot easier to play here than it may seem at first glance.

Oh, and ignore the "don't play Ogre's" advice. Play what's fun for you Very Happy

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2016 - 22:13
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

akaRenton wrote:

Oh, and ignore the "don't play Ogre's" advice. Play what's fun for you Very Happy

Something tells me i know who your first opponent is going to be ML!
(Do we tell him about the dirty ranked pickers yet?)
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2016 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Lorebass wrote:
akaRenton wrote:

Something tells me i know who your first opponent is going to be ML!
(Do we tell him about the dirty ranked pickers yet?)

Yeah, because my team of zombies is truly terrifying for coaches Very Happy

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
tussock

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2016 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Trick with Ogres is put the snots on the line.

Then, after they score, punch them with Ogres, and foul with a snot. Then, after they score again, punch them with Ogres some more, and foul with your snots.

Always pick up the ball with an Ogre, or at least try to. Always screen with snots (most teams can't make 3 dodges even without mods) and punch things with the other Ogres. A pack of Ogres up the middle with the ball can't really move the ball very well, but gets to have a lot of fun punching everything that comes near enough to slow them down. Until they -2d wrestle strip you and score again.

But then, they scored, so you just punch them with Ogres some more, and foul with a snot. Some teams refuse to score, which is fine, just punch things, and foul things, maybe even the guy with the ball if you can BT. Then turn 8 or 16 you punch them some more and also throw a snot, which doesn't work but is fun. If he lands short, like always, foul something with a snot.

Note that you will lose most games. Even played perfectly, the team is incredibly bad. You will, however, get a lot of casualties along the way. Don't forget to foul with the snots, and other than on the line, use them to give the Ogres 3d hits and don't leave them in TZs.

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2016 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I ball carry with a snotling - get within 7 of the line (8 with sprint) and you just need to not roll 1s and you score!

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2016 - 07:35 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:

Against s3 sides put Ogres on the line. The opponent will struggle to do hits, may even dodge away. Against sides with s4+ and some guard, then maybe you can sacrifice your snots. If they have claw then put snots on the LOS. But generally you don't want to suffer 4 hits in 1 turn on snots!

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2016 - 07:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Ogres are the worst team in BB by a loooong way. Pick another team, you simply can't develop Ogres past the point of utter rubbish. Sorry.

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2016 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Ogres were better when they returned ~15 years ago.
MLenip

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2016 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:

Then, after they score, punch them with Ogres, and foul with a snot. Then, after they score again, punch them with Ogres some more, and foul with your snots.

Always pick up the ball with an Ogre, or at least try to. Always screen with snots (most teams can't make 3 dodges even without mods) and punch things with the other Ogres. A pack of Ogres up the middle with the ball can't really move the ball very well, but gets to have a lot of fun punching everything that comes near enough to slow them down. Until they -2d wrestle strip you and score again.

But then, they scored, so you just punch them with Ogres some more, and foul with a snot. Some teams refuse to score, which is fine, just punch things, and foul things, maybe even the guy with the ball if you can BT. Then turn 8 or 16 you punch them some more and also throw a snot, which doesn't work but is fun. If he lands short, like always, foul something with a snot.

Note that you will lose most games. Even played perfectly, the team is incredibly bad. You will, however, get a lot of casualties along the way. Don't forget to foul with the snots, and other than on the line, use them to give the Ogres 3d hits and don't leave them in TZs.

I have a small family blood bowl league and after all that advice I might beg them to change teams.
MLenip

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2016 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

P.s. I was laughing so hard when I read this...
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2016 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
Ogres are the worst team in BB by a loooong way. Pick another team, you simply can't develop Ogres past the point of utter rubbish. Sorry.

Sure ya can, but you're playing a whole other game called "Can I depitch you before you depitch me?"
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2016 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

DarthPhysicist wrote:

There are Cyanide forums, but I think most people know that this is the place to come for better advice. I play Cyanide games A LOT, but I don't use their forums at all. The Steam forum is becoming a cesspool, so if you want to have a reasonable discussion, FUMBBL is the place to have it.

I know, and that's what I find interesting. They prefer to play there, but can not have an adult like conversation amongst the others in the Cyanide community. It's like having a wife at home, to whom you can having a meaningful life with (Fumbbl) but there is also a mistress (Cyanide) that you can't quite detach from.
If BB were only a video game, I would have Tapped out a long time ago. To each thier own.

Jeffro
mikere

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2016 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
@MLenip: make a team here on fumbbl.com and play instead Wink

Precisely. You'll get a much better behaved community and opportunities to play against the best coaches on the planet (or scrubs like me if you want to win a few matches.) 80+ games here and I've had a total of one disconnect. Bonus on fumbbl is that it's (usually) easy to reconnect or even reschedule to complete a game if needed. And you can link your teams and/or players in the forum in case you have questions about advancement or what your team needs to get better, or link replays of matches and get feedback.

Or you can watch replays of your previous matches. Or you can watch replays of the best teams of the race you are trying to master. Really, if you want to learn how to play Ogre, find a good Ogre coach and watch the replays of their matches.
 Jump to: