18 coaches online • Server time: 06:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TamperMagnitude

Post   Posted: May 01, 2003 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Well said Barash, leaving cos of bad dice rolls and a couple of niggles just causes me problems!! It's only cos of coaches like Barash that i'm continuing this league, I did consider srapping it after the 3rd drop-out, but i'll carry on, just hope no-one elses leaves!

I have added 2 more coaches, but i've heard nothin back from them yet, if any of you can get 2 more coaches then we'll accept the 1st 2 into the league and carry on from there.

P.S. I WILL get my game against chappy played by Saturday!! I've been very very busy lately Smile
ogopogo

Post   Posted: May 01, 2003 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

i may have to leave the league because of some rapidly approaching important exams that i will be revising almost constantly for. this leaves almost no time for bloodbowl, so i will try to play matches, but i am not too sure i will be able to. if this is the case i am sorry for the inconveniences that it causes
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: May 01, 2003 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Barash wrote:
to balance things out I suggest that new players can have a few friendly games to get better teamratings (at your judgement AspernThorn)

At my Judgement? Well I say screw em, they are stuck at TR 100 Razz
Seriously though, its Tamper's league and I think Barash just had a typo. I will gladly make a new TR 100 DivX team for training purposes for these teams, though, for however many games Tamper decides that they can play.

Maybe we should make this a last man standing league? Laughing Stop adding new coaches and just see who lasts the longest. Keep thier spot in the schedules, so by eliminating teams you are lessening the chance of more games for yourself. On the other hand, you could absolutely decimate a team that one of your feared opponents will have to play, in hopes that they retire before that game. This is, of course, not a serious paragraph, since I play elves and am sure to get rocked. Razz

Anyway welcome Kokas and Rawbone, and don't forget to post your availability here. That way I can update the list.

Asperon Thorn

P.S. Damn, right before darkersun left he realled F'd up my Elves Mad . A niggle and Death, and apoth failed. Evil or Very Mad

P.P.S Has anyone, still here, suffered worse than me, yet? Two niggles and a death? Skinksmorgasbord was worse off, but we seem to have lost the more damaged teams.
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: May 01, 2003 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

ogopogo, just arrange all your games with coaches in advance. 5 games a month is only 10 hours a month to play, and setting aside two hours from studying will actually improve your performance. Besides whats the worst that can happen? You lose your game because you are distracted? Nothing worth crying about.
dorf

Post   Posted: May 02, 2003 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, guys...I'm here for the long haul, even if I'm low guy on the totem pole...(someone has to be there)...and I've been patiently waiting for Morg's Maimers to play Red Oak 23 so Lean Green and Mean could play Red Oak 23 to complete the first 5 games...Now I see drop outs, (but happy to see brave replacements). I'm just a little confused with whom I'm to play game 5 which would've been Red Oak 23. My schedule is pretty flexible and I'm ready to rock as soon as I can get this sorted out.
PhilMan

Post   Posted: May 02, 2003 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

ive got the same exams as ogopogo, GCSE's, but ill try and get my games played, even if im only online at the weekends, and i agree, dropping out from a few bad games is just bad sportsmanship, hell, i stayed in the anarchist league for 3 weeks, where all the teams wer+ 100TR above me, in the end i retired my team due to lack of players, (4 at last count) but at least i had fun while i was doing it, and actully got quite far in the league.

"Best Bar in This Street"
capitan

Post   Posted: May 02, 2003 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

First i would like to tell Tamper that you are doing a great job! This league is great fun and the coaches that leave, well it's their loss really...

I have a request though, i am going abroad to work 15 of June. Can the finals be played before that? (like i would ever make it the finals but you never know Wink )

And to Asperon thorn, i wish i had 2 niggles and 1 death... Oh how joyful life would be with just that Crying or Very sad 2 of my players have died so far...poor poor rats... So dont complain! Wink

Well keep up the good work and Tamper, you are next!! Play Chappy and then i will give lesson in BB!

Ciao,

El capitan
erwinhightrain

Post   Posted: May 02, 2003 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I played the replacement team for darkersun not thinking about looking and making sure they were in the right division and the message tells me his team is in ladder. Anyway somebody tell me what I should do next

I have only one day to get this game done to be on schedual hope no one is haveing to wait very much on me
Question

Last edited by erwinhightrain on %b %04, %2003 - %11:%May; edited 1 time in total
SpIkEdDeAmOn

Post   Posted: May 02, 2003 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Asperonthorn, don't start having ago at Ogopogo, worst can happen is you miss an important piece of information and fail your exam. These are GCSE exams the most important ones of your life, as iwth out good marks in these you can't do Alevels that you want too, and it has a knock on effect through everything. not lose a blood bowl game. and 10hours out of someones month can be alot these exams are too important to f*ck about with if i had a chance of passing i would have droped out by now as well. Philman and ogopogo actually are intellagant and have a chance of doing good so if they leave i have no blame on them. I'm going to stay in as long as i can as i shall probably fail anyway!! However, any coach i am playing i would appreciate it if you PM me with times you are on and we can organise something.
Blood Bowl is a distraction, For Exams you need your sleep and revision considering the times we get home from school that leaves about 4hours. Blood Bowl does not fit in sorry guys.
PhilMan

Post   Posted: May 03, 2003 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

like i said, only able to play at weekends from now on i expect, and even that will be a close schedule

AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: May 04, 2003 - 04:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Spike, I think you took me the wrong way there. (but rereading my post I can see how you would.) I don't know a thing about these GCSE exams (I would apreciate more info if you had it.) I just found that when I was studying for hours and hours and hours, etc. that a little two hour distraction worked well to get me back into the studying groove. I have had some pretty tough exams in my life as well, and know, well, the crunch they require. I often preach school over all else to people I know.

So simply, do not feel the exams are a reason to drop out, if you feel you
must, so be it. I was suggesting that, if the game is previously arranged then it shouldn't be too much of a problem. IF at the time of the game, it is inconvenient to play, simply pop on, or PM "Hey, I know I said we would play at this time, but now it is not possible" I think we are all cool enough (going by Vorners CoCCC) to accept that like adults.

I would expect the same the same if something important was happening on my end, and do not hold it against anyone else. (Drop outs for bad rolls and niggles on the other hand . . .)

Asperon Thorn
SpIkEdDeAmOn

Post   Posted: May 04, 2003 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Asperon thorn, I understand what you are, saying i simply was speaking in advance before people start whinging about possible drops outs dew to examinations. I dont know who im ment to be playing but could they please PM me letting me know when they can play!

ps. GCSE's are taken in Yr11 (when your 16yrs of age) and affect what course you can do for Alevels (taken in Yr13 when your 18yrs of age) thesee Alevels afect what you can do for a degree (varies on subject what age this is) and all the exams also count so when you get a job in England thats what makes you look better than other applicants!
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: May 04, 2003 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Tamper, since I've got no replies after I've sent you emails I jsut ask it here again:
Who am I supposed to play next now that Morg's Maimers (they would have been my 5th opponent) have left the league for good?
PhilMan

Post   Posted: May 04, 2003 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

well im still waiting for erwinhightrain to play his 5th opponant so i can play him in our 6th game, these guys leaving have really f**ked up the system havnt they.

Artagas

Post   Posted: May 04, 2003 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Ogopogo! I am your next opponent....I sent you 2 pms...I understand that you are busy and cant play or whatever, but you cant be too busy to send me a pm....if you read this post...please contact me.
my email adress is artagas@yahoo.co.uk
i have been trying to get you for almost 2 weeks...
 Jump to: