62 coaches online • Server time: 17:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Cindy Piewhistle
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah if you are prepared to wait 1 year and a bit you will get to choose your own MVP's. It will be cool as you will actually be able to give them to the real MVP's! I will anyway

@ Shivan... What you could do is make a player bio detailing the reason he has so many MVP's (corruption, death threats, crowd favourite etc, its what makes the BB world so much fun! Smile )
St_Lemon

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Before you rolled any dice the chance of getting 2 elevens in a row is one chance in 121 but as soon as you rolled the first die all results are as probable so that you get a second 11 is then one in eleven.
Eddy

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, dice have no memory, remember that ^^

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually it is very probable that you will get one or two player that get annoying amounts of MVP:s. The reason for this is of course that the chance of getting a second MVP is a big as getting the first. Shivan your idea is that you can "roll a die dry" of a certain number, which if you think closer, is pretty ilogical. If you actually believe this, I assume you warm up your dices before starting a tabletop game and roll your dice 100 times picking those that rolled LOWEST to use, as this have more sixes left?

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Grumbledook wrote:
stop with the stupid randomness threads already

or I will prove it by "randomly" blocking peoples accounts

:/

Good thing my coachname isn't Orgg Razz

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes but after the first 11 the second is 1/11 again.
sceadeau

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Shivan, I realize 100 people have said this, but seriously, you need to reread your textbook on how odds are done. While you are right that the odds of a player getting an MVP on an 11 man team twice in a row would be 1/11*1/11, the odds that he gets an MVP after already getting one is just 1/11. Just like a coin flip. Chances of "two heads in a row" is 25%, but chances of heads coming up after it has just come up heads is 50%.

Actually, I think the earlier poster had it right. It's because your man is named Orgg. Java's random generator has a problem with that text string. It's all been documented before.
BlackBart

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Atually, if I read it correctly, according to the NEW LRB from this latest rules review, MVP's are no longer random, You get to pick the MVP.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

urm thats the vault mate! Wink its not coming out until 2007 Smile
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Shivan wrote:
the chance of a player getting a MVP on a 11 player is not 1/11 the second time.
Its like if you roll an 11 sided die, the chance of rolling 11 two times in a row is (1/11)*(1/11)

As samain told you the chance for a player to get a MVP WHEN WE KNOW that he got a MVP at the previous game is
P(B\A)=P(BsectionA)/P(A) = [(1/11)*(1/11)]/(1/11) = 1/11.
Where P(A) = chance of a player to get a MVP at game 2= 1/11
and P(B) = chance of the same player to get a MVP at game 1 = 1/11

The chance for a player to get 2 MVPs in a row is
P(A)*P(B) = (1/11)*(1/11).

*I'm not sure if section is the right english term. I mean the symbol that is an upside down U.
Korso

Post 8 Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Grumbledook wrote:

You really enjoy the power huh
Eddy

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

nah.

he enjoys SHOWING he has the power, that's a different matter Razz

Post 21 Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Korso wrote:
Grumbledook wrote:

You really enjoy the power huh

You are brave. A small number of people would post a thought like this. I hope you don't get your account blocked.
Korso

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah. He makes hollow threats. I can't believe that Christer could give an admin-level access to FUMBBL for a completely mean person, therefore I don't take everyone too seriously. But as the comic strip says, we all could be dogs... then, why not Evil little Napoleons?
G_Force

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Is chosing the MVP really the best way to go about it? I can't see too many genuine MVP awards being handed out this way, more likely to be the player that will strategically benefit most from the extra 5 SPP.

Would it not make more sense to take the stats given at the end of the game (cas push rush passes etc) assign each type of stat a points value and that way get the MVP. in the event of a tie then sure either random selection or coach choice.

Maybe i am just being synical and the coaches on fumbbl are more honest than my opinion of joe public.
 Jump to: